New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by dani »

Maybe it's a song yet to be announced for the album or from a distance ?

It does not sound like Salve Regina to me unless they have done something totally different with the song.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes the second song was a mystery, and the one I like the most. The Three Ravens should be an interesting listen. There's still a few more songs waiting to be revealed if it's going for full album status. No noises from Warner Classics yet, so maybe it will be released under Libera's new label. Glad it's not another mini-album. The first album in 6 years spiel (since Peace) wouldn't apply in that case.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:26 pm">7 years ago</span> Yes the second song was a mystery, and the one I like the most. The Three Ravens should be an interesting listen. There's still a few more songs waiting to be revealed if it's going for full album status. No noises from Warner Classics yet, so maybe it will be released under Libera's new label. Glad it's not another mini-album. The first album in 6 years spiel (since Peace) wouldn't apply in that case.

Home ( exciting because hopefully we will now hear it in a live concert setting)

Angele

Three ravens

Would take the album up to 9 songs
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

dani wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:00 pm">7 years ago</span> It does not sound like Salve Regina to me unless they have done something totally different with the song.
Are we sure that it is the "Salve Regina" which was mentioned earlier in this thread (p. 5, David Lol Perry)? Maybe I missed a note, but is that certain?

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:47 am">7 years ago</span> The 2nd short sample may be "Stabat Mater" or "Salve Regina", however I think it's another song, I feel the rhythm to be a bit fast to fit a latin plainsong.
Of course, I might be wrong with my thoughts about one of these two songs, but not for the reason that it could be too fast. There are "Stabat Mater" versions that are very agile: Just listen to Boys Air Choir's "Eia Mater" or "O quam tristis" (by the way, I love both songs):

"Eia Mater":

"O quam tristis"

However, from that little bit by Libera we can listen to I do feel an even great calm in it. To me it sounds very peaceful and and soft and also hopeful. :) If the whole song is like this, it should be wonderful - I can't wait to hear it!

Tonight, I have tried heavily to identify in which language they are singing, but I wasn't successful. :cry: I listened to it over and over, I recorded it and played it in slow motion, but I just cannot find out if this sounds Latin or English to me. I hear some vowels and some s's or st's ... :lol: Is anyone of you able to recognise some words? :?:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Sounds like Latin to me; I think I hear "excelsis" in the lower harmony part, possibly the beginning of "Deo" (as in "excelsis Deo"). I'm having a harder time understanding the higher part, but the "-oria" at the beginning could be the end of "gloria" as well, and there may be an "excelsis" in there as well. I tried to listen to see if it was the phrase "gloria in excelsis Deo" (glory to God in the highest), but I can't make it out for sure.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

chris17 wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:21 am">7 years ago</span> Sounds like Latin to me; I think I hear "excelsis" in the lower harmony part, possibly the beginning of "Deo" (as in "excelsis Deo").
You could be right with the word "excelsis" and maybe "Deo" in the lower part. If I concentrate on this, I am able to hear it.

I tended to Latin also, but wasn't sure at all, and I heard something like "in a" or "ia", too, or at the end an "isa" in the high (solo?) part, but I didn't find anything corresponding in the lyrics of the Latin songs or of "From A Distance". As I said: Libera always keeps us busy. I hope it's one of the Latin Songs.

I'm having an earworm with that short second bit all day long. No wonder at all though, after the last night. :mrgreen:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I wonder how long before we get the two videos or even when they will go up on iTunes/Amazon so we can hear
More snippets. We are about 7 weeks from a Japan release now.

Yes I'm impatient:D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

dani wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:56 pm">7 years ago</span> Yes I'm impatient:D
Yes, me too, so very much.

chris17 wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:21 am">7 years ago</span> I'm having a harder time understanding the higher part, but the "-oria" at the beginning could be the end of "gloria" as well, and there may be an "excelsis" in there as well. I tried to listen to see if it was the phrase "gloria in excelsis Deo" (glory to God in the highest), but I can't make it out for sure.
Chris, listening once more with my ear very close to the speakers, indeed I hear a "Gloria in excelsis deo" in the high part! So that should be right, amazing, thank you! :)
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Third song is Angel, not Home. :wink:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:10 am">7 years ago</span> Third song is Angel, not Home. :wink:
No it's Home , 100% without any doubts.

I have listened to home about 70 times so I know it off by heart :)
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hi Dani,
yes, you are right and I am wrong. :)

I did not listen carefully enough and don't know Home very well so far, so I confunded these two bits without listening to the words they are singing:

Home, 1:40

Angel, 1:46

Same composer? Sounds very much like it.

Since the bits are so similar, partly even the same in melody and rhythm, I hope that rehabilitates me a bit. :oops:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:00 pm">7 years ago</span> Hi Dani,
yes, you are right and I am wrong. :)

I did not listen carefully enough and don't know Home very well so far, so I confunded these two bits without listening to the words they are singing:

Home, 1:40

Angel, 1:46

Same composer? Sounds very much like it.

Since the bits are so similar, partly even the same in melody and rhythm, I hope that rehabilitates me a bit. :oops:

Haha :) It's fine , I just love the song so knew it straight away :)

Yes same composer , it came from the mini cd when they did Jupiter in Japan last year :)
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Another 43 second teaser on the official twitter feed
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Based on the tweet by Libera today with further previews for the new album, we can definitively add yet another track to the list: "Wayfaring Stranger". Although the clip is short and the sound quality limited, it sounds as though they are not using the live version from the "Libera in America" album but have instead recorded a studio version. I notice differences when listening to that segment side-by-side with the live version.

So yet another new track! :D My fears of another EP have been completely eradicated by these latest announcements; and who knows how many more songs the album may have?

So far we have:

From the Japanese vendors
Smile
From a Distance
San Damiano
Salve Regina
Stabat Mater
Angel
Jupiter

From Libera and Libera Moose tweets
The Three Ravens
Wayfaring Stranger
Angele
Home

And there may be more! :D

We know of 11 tracks at the minimum, with a minimum of 5 totally new, never-before-recorded-by-Libera songs. This is excellent. New recordings of old songs or the inclusion of old recordings released prior on various EP's can of course be nice as well, but it is the new songs which I am most anxious to hear.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So from that the new clip we have

Wayfairing stranger
Angele
?
?