New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

New album is called Hope

Post by dani »

So the new album is called Hope And is released 10th May. I am sure not sure if it's a global launch or that's the Japan release date.

Thank you Yuki for sharing the link from libera records on Twitter.
Last edited by dani on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: New album called Hope

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Here's the link to the news on the Japanese site Libera-Records : http://libera-records.com/news/%E3%83%A ... A%E3%81%A7

A summarized translation from Google says :
The long-awaited new Libera album by studio recording since 2011's release of "Winter Songs" will be released on May 10!

The title is "Hope"

"I want to deliver an album that can make you happy feeling by putting dreams and hopes in harmony ...", it is undergoing acclaimed recording right now.

We decided to release two kinds, the first limited edition with DVD with the music video just finished shooting earlier this week and the regular one with CD only.
The contents of the recording will be announced later.

I will also paste poster present tickets with autographs of all the members coming to Japan who have many requests from fans!

The recorded songs are nearly solid, but I will show you when I am confirmed.

Depending on the shop, as early as possible, you will be able to make a reservation from today!

When they write the album is being recorded right now, it's not a joke :wink:
Yesterday the strings group 'Projetc Instrumental' that played at the lasts Libera concerts in UK, posted on twitter, Instagram and Facebook, about the recording they are currently doing for the new album (see here).

It's unsaid if the limited 1st edition that includes a bonus DVD will be available outside Japan, but even if it's not the case this shouldn't be an issue. there are various records selling Japanese sites that proposes English pages and accept foreign credit cards and international shipment.

The ticket for a poster with autographs is something they already did at the last Japan tour in December 2015. You find a ticket inside your CD box and you have to present it at a booth a one of the three concerts to come in Japan. They then give you a (small) poster where all the signatures are printed. If I'm correct last time it was A3 sized. Such signatures poster is made because of the craziness of the incredibly huge lines in Japan. The boys have to be split in different groups to have different queues, so you can't collect all the signature by yourself.

The next steps for us fans will be to discover the songs titles and the visuals of that new CD ! :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks both for the update. So, we just need the track list next and, hopefully, some preview clips of the tracks!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thanks Patrick :)

And so they are actually still recording the album ?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It's likely that the voices recordings from the boys are done ant what remains to finalize is some music parts.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Just to throw this out there incase there is any hope of this happening and the album isn't completed;)

Can I'm dreaming of Home finally make a Libera album? - it's such a amazing song and I would love a recording of it :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, I too hope for 'Dreaming of Home' being on the Hope CD :)

It would perfectly fit the main theme of the album, to make an 'happy feeling by putting dreams and hopes in harmony'.

If that song is present, do you think possible it could be a record they made and saved from the TDL soloist period ?

Still about speculations for new songs, what about 'The Three Ravens' they recorded a couple of months ago ?
I would be very happy to hear it :)
But would that song to fit well in an 'Hope' themed CD ? The lyrics are perhaps a bit dark ?

More of all, I beg for the song 'Angele Dei' they sung in St. George to be on the CD !! :D
And with the 360° video on the DVD as well.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Put me in the fan of 'Dreaming of Home' camp. It was one of those memorable songs when I heard it live in concert during 2013. Hope it's TDL's descants too. I fear it will remain in the 'never made it to CD' list.

Still, after 7 years it's exciting news that we are going to get a new album with new songs, and not that long to wait now.

I'm wondering if the DVD will contain any extra material/video's not shared by Official Libera on their Youtube channel? Unless it's HD/Blue-Ray format I can't see the quality incentive over YouTube HD.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Hopefully if it did happen it would be Tom's version and we know from Peace they hold songs back sometimes for whatever reason because of Tom Cully and Ave Virgo
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The new CD and CD/DVD 'Hope' can now be reserved on some music Japanese sites.
  • CD/DVD limited edition
    • Ref.: LIBE-6/7
    • JAN: 4573417110076
    • Price: 3500 yens   ~   £25   ~   30 €   ~   $31
    • Comments : On the CDJapan site it's written that the DVD is 'Region 2' but it's most likely a wrong info.
      The site says the same about the DVD from the 'Angel' CD, but that DVD is region free.

• Regular CD
    • Ref.: LIBE-8
    • JAN: 4573417110083
    • Price: 3000 yens ~ £21 ~ 25 € ~   $26
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

So far I found the new CD available to be reserved on 5 of the main music Japanese sites.
Some of them have an English interface, they accept foreign credit card, and they can ship internationally.

• CD JAPAN
    • CD/DVD
    • Regular CD
    • This site is by far the most English friendlier site that I found.
      It also proposes a shipping charge calculator and the choice of the shipping method.
      To Europe the shipment fare can be as low as 500 yens ($6) for a small packet.
      I already used it in the past and they gave a perfect and reliable service.

• HMV JAPAN
    • CD/DVD
    • Regular CD
    • The interface can be turned into full English, the use of the site is great.
      They accept foreign credit cards and Paypal also. The delivery address can be worldwide.
      However there is no choice for the shipment method, it's EMS only, and the cost is a bit expensive, as example 2,200 yens for the shipment of the regular CD to Europe.

• AMAZON JAPAN
    • CD/DVD
    • Regular CD
    • Mainly the English interface is OK, there a bit of Japanese that remains at some places but nothing to worry about.
      I already used it in the past, it's a great service but they didn't offered many choices for the shipment, so it was a bit expensive.

• TOWER RECORDS
    • CD/DVD
    • Regular CD
    • The site is in Japanese only.
      It accepts foreign credit cards, but the you have to manage all the buying process by using Japanese, which is do-able with the help of Google translator though.

• RAKUTEN
    • CD/DVD
    • Regular CD
    • This one is in Japanese only.
      You can create an account using a form that is translated in English, but you must register with a mail address that is located in Japan, and the site doesn't accept a foreign credit card.
      So this one is dead for foreigners, unless the use of a proxy shop service, but such service raises the costs a lot.

So far I have not found the CD on the site Tustaya (Japanese only), but they will probably have it soon, with Tower Records they hosted a M&G with fans in Osaka and Tokyo during the last Japan tour in December 2015.

(edit : add of HMV).
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thanks Patrick for all the work you do :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Wow!!! I totally called it on the name in a separate thread just two weeks ago
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:34 am">7 years ago</span> The Japan tour now has an official name per a tweet from Kajimoto music which includes the concert poster. The name of the tour is to be "Hope".

Will that be the title of the new CD as well?

:D :D :D :D

Anyway, I have now ordered the CD thanks to FDL's tireless efforts in this regard. You rock, man!

The US charges were about $35. I cannot wait to hear more about this forthcoming album. This is very exciting. :D
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:35 pm">7 years ago</span> The new CD and CD/DVD 'Hope' can now be reserved on some music Japanese sites.
  • CD/DVD limited edition
    • Ref.: LIBE-6/7
    • JAN: 4573417110076
    • Price: 3500 yens   ~   £25   ~   30 €   ~   $31
    • Comments : On the CDJapan site it's written that the DVD is 'Region 2', meaning Japan, Europe, Middle-East
Region 2, that is discouraging news for those of us in North America. I'm I correct, the posts on social media about the videos they recorded last weekend are to be on this DVD. I would love to have the DVD but if it won't play here it would be a waste of money. Bummer. :cry:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Don't be disappointed Tim, that information about the Region 2 on the site is quite for sure a wrong information, something like an automatic comment that has no meaning.
I updated my previous message about that region code.

To go further, I just tested the previous CD/DVD released by Libera Records in Japan, it was 'Angel' in late 2015.
We can see on this page that the site again says the DVD of 'Angel' is region 2.
I put my issue of that DVD in my computer and checked which region code it has, using the tool 'DVDInfo'.
As it was guessable, that DVD 'Angel' is totally region free and so will be for sure the DVD of 'Hope' :)