Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Libera at Christmas - EP

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:
The Furby wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Somebody has suggested to me that the soloist for Silent Night could be Alex Montoro.

I could see how that is strong possibility.
Got my copy today and it is indeed Alex Montoro :)
Well done to whoever the 'somebody' was.. little to go off to make the link but they called it right in the end.

Congrats to Alex M for his debut solo recorded to CD & digital download.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Hello libera-fans,

I have a short question: On "wexford carol" (on the new EP) there is a different language in the second verse (Isaac London?). What language is it? Thanks for answering! A good pre-christmas-time to all of you!

Kind regards from shenyang
Ludwig
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

ludwig1874 wrote:Hello libera-fans,

I have a short question: On "wexford carol" (on the new EP) there is a different language in the second verse (Isaac London?). What language is it? Thanks for answering! A good pre-christmas-time to all of you!

Kind regards from shenyang
Ludwig
That would be Irish (Gaelic) - the song is from Ireland
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
j8000

Post by j8000 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
The Furby wrote:
Got my copy today and it is indeed Alex Montoro :)
Well done to whoever the 'somebody' was.. little to go off to make the link but they called it right in the end.

Congrats to Alex M for his debut solo recorded to CD & digital download.
Whoever sung the Silent Night solo has a great voice. I know most people here, unlike me, have probably heard other versions from previous years. I'd still recommend buying the EP to support the new boys. 8)
kimmysawi

Post by kimmysawi »

chris17 wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:23 am">7 years ago</span> I've just been listening to the samples. To me, the soloist on Hymn to Mary does sound a lot like Isaac, and it sounds like him when he was a little younger (it sounds closer to his voice on Christmas in Ireland than his voice in Libera in America or the last EP, at least to me). I'm sure Silent Night is new as well, and I would love to know who is singing the solo.

I think the other 3 songs are the same recordings. Santa Will Find You sounds the same - visit giannasgrille.com website the solo makes it pretty obvious. In the sample of Carol of the Bells, there's the same out-of-tune bell around 1:06 in the sample that you can hear at 1:51 in the full song from the last EP. As far as Wexford Carol, there's nothing that makes it obvious, but it sounds pretty much like the other recording.
This was the best time to making that Christmas encourage with that voices in libera in America on that last EP.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Listened to the Christmas EP last night and what struck me about Silent Night was the light radiance of Alex M's voice in the closing solo. It reminded me of the radiance in Mathias' voice, also in Silent Night, in Brighton. Must be a family trait! :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above