A new CD Coming next year?

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: A new CD Coming next year?

Post by Surpinto »

Good job Filiarheni in identifying the song and lyrics and FDL for your picture correction! This solves a rather intriguing mystery. I wonder what this song will sound like and which other songs will be included on a possible new album. My hope is that there are many never-before-recorded songs.

.....yet another CD with "Sanctus" would be redundant. :wink:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I am hoping for a original song or two from Robert Prizeman :mrgreen:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I'm greatly intrigued by this project and eager to hear the results of it but it is very different to previous Libera songs when even the non religious themed songs have a deep message about what it is to live a good life. I think this song is more suited to a TV or film score than a Libera album but Robert and the team always seem to pull it out of the bag :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I agree with you Yorkie, that recording is more likely to be for a video soundtrack than for a libera music CD :)
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I searched for the relevant episodes in that mentioned "A History Of Britain" and these are "The Body of the Queen" (7), "The British Wars" (8) and "The Two Winstons" (15). I post one of them, "The Body of the Queen", just to see an example. The Three Ravens is played three times here: at 21:52, 39:23 and 47:32 (each is the beginning of the voice, after the intro).

Yorkie, I agree with you that the lyrics is really unusual for Libera, but referring merely to the music, in my opinion it fits Libera well, because the melody has a mysterious touch just as so many Libera songs have, and I agree with you, fan_de_LoK, also that the tune is haunting. I absolutely trust in Libera that they will catch (I don't know if this is the right word) the atmosphere of the song very well. :D

@dani: More, please, more!

@Surpinto: I hope for that together with you.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Well you've certainly done your homework filiarheni - thanks for the time you've taken to cast more light on the possible story behind 'The Three Ravens'. I'm looking forward to hearing it, in whatever way it will be presented to us. We'll look a bit daft now if it's just a song for warming-up the vocal chords... a training song or something; but we can only work with the small scraps we are given. :wink:
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hahaha, JimmyRiddle, in fact I have also been wondering a little bit whether the song is actually recorded for the new Libera CD or for something else and if they just tease us. :lol: But when they twitter "We are back in the studio recording some new songs", it somehow seems true to me ... We'll see.

Libera is very thoughtful and takes care that we never run out of work. :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Well fingers crossed we will be put out of our misery in 2 weeks time hope they slip one or 2 of the new recordings in to the concert, Personally I am hoping they include Home from last years mini CD in Japan. With what seems to be a new front row taking over the changing voices and solo's timing would be right to refresh the song list.