Santa.....

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Santa.....

Post by TullyBascombe »

dani wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:Hmmmm............... What songs have they sung but not released, other than what they sing for services at St. Phillips?
Going from concert lists that I have been to that I would of liked released or updated

O for the wings of a dove
Grateful Heart
Hymn to Mary
Lamentione
Te Lucis
Nearer My God to Thee
Dreaming of home

some songs that come to mind.
O For The Wings Of A Dove, Grateful Heart, Te Lucis, and Lament have been released on past albums, but not recently. I would love for them to put Dreaming of Home on an album. Hymn to Mary I'm not familiar with.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Other songs that were sung on stage but never released on albums :
- Hymn to Beauty
- Sakura
- The Moon Represents My Heart (I really want this one !)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote:The Moon Represents My Heart (I really want this one !)
Me too! I once tried to get it and if you change your country on iTunes to Taiwan it appeared under their Ave Maria album but the preview music was wrong. Without a credit card with an address in Taiwan it was impossible to complete the purchase and see if it was the right song. I actually went so far as contacting a friend of mine who knew someone with family in Taiwan but to no avail. I tried to find the album and song on iTunes again to link you to it but it must have been removed. :(
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Surpinto wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:The Moon Represents My Heart (I really want this one !)
Me too! I once tried to get it and if you change your country on iTunes to Taiwan it appeared under their Ave Maria album but the preview music was wrong. Without a credit card with an address in Taiwan it was impossible to complete the purchase and see if it was the right song. I actually went so far as contacting a friend of mine who knew someone with family in Taiwan but to no avail. I tried to find the album and song on iTunes again to link you to it but it must have been removed. :(
You must have found the snippets of "The Moon" at and As far as I can recall it was only performed live at the 2013 Far East concerts. I believe a video was made but was never released - perhaps for copyright reasons.
It would be great to see the video or to hear the song on an album (no bootleg recordings to my knowledge) but it would be difficult to reproduce the magic of those live performances in 2013. Michael U-R was in fine voice, and beamed a smile that could melt the coldest of hearts.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Other songs that were sung on stage but never released on albums :
- The Moon Represents My Heart (I really want this one !)
Yes indeed. Thanks Patrick for taking this thread the one step (in reverse) "from the ridiculous to the sublime".
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yep, IIRC it was a copyright dispute. The woman who made the song famous in Taiwan is deceased but the songwriter is still alive.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

fan_de_LoK wrote: - The Moon Represents My Heart (I really want this one !)
I would love to have this also. I only ever got to see the YouTube snippet as well. It is a truly beautiful song.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Coming up to 30 k now on views so it may be a song with mixed reviews but it's clearly popular.

It has got more hits than some Libera videos that have been up over a year so quite impressive.
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Hi Like many I did have concerns about the song but it is growing on me having played it a few times, it may be me but Isaacs voice seems to going places we have never heard it before with the high notes. Also can it be a bit of reassurance for the younger newbies who may be going to Japan and are still at that age wear do I or don't I but best to be certain Santa is are going to be there. It is going to be tight getting them all home in time, Any delays and possible they will meet Santa in the air!!

Sjn
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

dani wrote:Coming up to 30 k now on views so it may be a song with mixed reviews but it's clearly popular.

It has got more hits than some Libera videos that have been up over a year so quite impressive.
Catering to the lowest common denominator will always bring good short term results in terms of hits and possibly sales - but is it good for the long term future of Libera?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

john45 wrote:
dani wrote:
Catering to the lowest common denominator will always bring good short term results in terms of hits and possibly sales - but is it good for the long term future of Libera?

Only time will tell I guess :)

If this manages to bring in new backing for the U.S then it can only be a good thing. Because Angel has done very well in Japan it would seem.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Coming up to 30 k now on views so it may be a song with mixed reviews but it's clearly popular.

...possibly inserting a strategically placed link at the end of a video which will soon knock on 15,000 views per day is probably helping in this...

It's also at the end of most of their other YouTube videos too, nothing wrong with this of course, they have every right to self promote their efforts, but it may be a reason behind the surge in views for Santa.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

dani wrote:
john45 wrote:
dani wrote:
If this manages to bring in new backing for the U.S then it can only be a good thing.
Surely not if it means permanently lowering standards to this level of cheap commercial jingle & twaddle.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

john45 wrote:
dani wrote:
john45 wrote:
If this manages to bring in new backing for the U.S then it can only be a good thing.
Surely not if it means permanently lowering standards to this level of cheap commercial jingle & twaddle.

:) :)

We just have to hope now they have more control over the music we will get some new stuff in the new year :)
chris17

Post by chris17 »

john45 wrote:
dani wrote:
john45 wrote:
While I agree with you that Santa is not at the same level as the rest of Libera's music, I don't think it's really quite that bad. To me, it seems that the song is especially about not being alone at Christmas, more so than about presents. The lyrics and theme remind me of I'll Be Home for Christmas, the most obvious difference being the inclusion of Santa. I feel like there's more to both songs than presents and snow - I put the lyrics to both at the end of my post, for comparison.

Besides that, the song was released with three re-recorded Christmas songs, including the Wexford Carol which I think is quite beautiful, which can hardly be called commercial jingle and twaddle. As far as I know, no one panicked when Libera sang White Christmas on the Christmas Album - and yes, you could definitely argue that White Christmas is a better song than Santa and I would agree, but it's definitely about the non-religious aspects of Christmas just like Santa is. All in all, for me personally, it's going to take more than this for me to be too worried about Libera lowering their standards. (Actually, Angel was more worrisome to me, because I feel like the lyrics could have turned out a lot better than they did and yet they didn't.) Now, like most of you, what I would really, really like is for Libera to record some more original songs, release the good ones they haven't released, and/or re-record some of their best songs, and perhaps leave Christmas music alone for a while. I'm not a fan of either Santa or Angel, but I'm still hopeful.

Here are the lyrics of I'll Be Home, from Google:

I'll be home for Christmas
You can plan on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents on the tree
Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams
(Repeated)

Then here are Santa's lyrics:

If you're far away, on this holiday evening