Libera - Christmas in Ireland

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

kay
Silver Member

Re: Libera - Christmas in Ireland

Post by kay »

just to say our copy of the DVD arrived today (a day earlier than Amazon promised) and looking forward to sitting relaxing and watching tonight. And after that Elvis! A great night in.
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

Relative to the poor review on Amazon, I would suggest everyone click the "not helpful" button. At least that will send the correct message. I hope you like my review a little better (Bruce 638).

I appreciate the question about comparing the audio on the CD and DVD. The old (2007) DVD and CD seemed very different, but this one sounds a lot the same. My comparison is a little warped, however, because I listened to the CD in the car (twice in less than 24 hours) and I watched the DVD on my home theater system in surround sound.
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

Yorkie wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:I despair sometimes...
I know, I know - it is amazing that some people are too stupid to understand how the world works. I may leave him a comment later.

I bet there is a 50/50 chance that on any given day he steps out of the house with his trousers on the wrong way round.....
I do not understand, it played beautifully on my computer.
Johan
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

In the "Behind the Scene" section when they talk about their snack after rehersal Isaac goes on and on about the choice of sandwiches. I can't quite make out the last item he mentions, the one that causes Cassius to retort "What?!"
chris17

Post by chris17 »

I can't check right now, but I thought he was joking about "Cassius meat"? I don't remember for sure but it might have been something like that.
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Isaac says "We've even got Cassius meat." To which Cassius holds out a piece of cheese and says "Cheese!" Presumably Cassius is a vegetarian.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Amie_Hill wrote:Isaac says "We've even got Cassius meat." To which Cassius holds out a piece of cheese and says "Cheese!" Presumably Cassius is a vegetarian.
I listened to it again and now I hear it correctly.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

So following WNED's early showing, today marks the beginning in earnest of America's state wide PBS drive showcasing Libera 'Angels Sing - Christmas in Ireland CD/DVD'.. thanks to Mini Angels detailed blog.

This is very extensive and should earn them great exposure. Yet to see anything similar on our side of the Pond. Hopefully they'll have some promotional opportunities upcoming because the UK Classical market is very competitive, and they risk being swamped by lots of contenders. Three weeks after release and still no placing inside the top 40. The usual suspects are rampant at the top.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I certainly hope so, but that said the program was destined for American Public TV, with the same
executive producer as the Leiden video. Would be nice to see some UK channel pick it up as
a Christmas special.
labbie

Post by labbie »

I am watching the repeat broadcast on WNED, again as part of a pledge drive at the moment. I do have the DVD and CD of the concert, but I was wondering about the pledge break segments, which is why I tuned into the programme. It turns out that they are repeats of the ones from October 11th with Josh as a special guest in the studio.
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

The CD is now #16 and climbing on the Amazon Best-Selling Classical Music list!

As Jimmy stated above, we are keeping track of all the airings of the DVD on US PBS stations. Thank you to Patrick who has done so much work on this. He started sending me an Excel spreadsheet every few days to keep track of new stations and any new dates. So beautifully organized! You can find the constantly updated list here -

http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2013/11 ... -sing.html

Libera's DVD is now airing in 45 states plus Washington DC. So many stations have multiple airings. This is fabulous! I watched the Chicago airing. The CD and DVD were used as gifts for a pledge drive (fund raiser). The volunteer telephone operators in the background were all busy with callers. That's a very good sign.

We also have a list of places to buy the CD and/or DVD around the world. Please let me know if you find any other countries that are selling it. Currently the CD is out of stock on Amazon US, UK, and France. The DVD is out of stock at Amazon UK and Presto Classical UK.

http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2013/12 ... -sing.html

Warner Music Taiwan is now marketing their own edition of the CD. They even took Libera's promo video for the DVD and added Chinese subtitles! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtd2VH1WbSU

Good news all around!
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Thanks for the radio links didn't they speak well?
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Lauren wrote:The CD is now #16 and climbing on the Amazon Best-Selling Classical Music list!
Yes they are doing really well on amazon.com - probably better than the record company expected because I see now this has gone 'Out of Stock' too
The PBS shows you have listed no doubt helping...

...we still need some publicity for the UK though, this morning's nationwide radio interviews is the first time I've heard the new CD/DVD being mentioned in the media. Nothing showing up in the Christmas TV listings, so it may at best be a late invitation to perform on a morning show or something. No channel has picked up the Armagh concert for broadcast in the UK....yet...
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
labbie

Post by labbie »

Both the CD and DVD are available at certain HMV stores in southwestern Ontario, Canada, although not in large quantities. I purchased a DVD for a colleague (1 of 4 available at that particular location) as well as a CD for another friend.
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

The dvd and the cd are back in stock with Amazon UK, I just received my order. It seems they even have a store here in The Netherlands which makes for a speedy delivery. No internet site yet and I could not find even a telephone number or email address.
Johan