When will we get the next 'all new' CD?

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

When will we get the next 'all new' CD?

Post by Yorkie »

Will 2013 bring a new album to tickle our iPods? I decided to look at the release dates for UK albums since the Libera 'brand' was established.

Here is the list of UK releases:

Libera – October 1999

Luminosa – September 2001

Complete Libera - ??? 2003

Free – September 2004

Visions – October 2005

Angel Voices – October 2006

AV In concert – October 2007

New Dawn – March 2008

Eternal – December 2008

Peace – March 2010

Peace Luxury – November 2010

The Christmas Album – November 2011

Song of Life – October 2012

The longest gap is the 3 years between Luminosa and Free which then became an unprecedented rush of 3 albums in 3 years. I would speculate that the long delay was due to the swap from Warner and EMI meaning that RP was sat on two albums (Free/Visions) when the change to EMI happened - move the Free release a year earlier and the pattern is closer to one album every two years.

If we conveniently ignore the compilations (Eternal/Song of Life) and one off or specials (AV concert/Peace Luxury) then we seem to have settled in to a pattern of a new album every 18 months to 2 years. If that pattern holds then we might have some good news later this year :D

So, if an album is coming this year when will we find out? Looking at the last two albums, the news of a new album seems to have been made public 4 or 5 months ahead of the official release. That being the case for the next album then we could expect to hear something in the first half of this year!

You see, you heard it here first :lol:
Last edited by Yorkie on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: When will we get the next 'all new' CD?

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:I would speculate that the long day was due to the swap from Warner and EMI meaning that RP was sat on two albums (Free/Visions) when the change to EMI happened -
We could be in the middle of a similiar delay if UMG's contractual obligation to sell off EMI Classics doesn't happen anytime soon. Hopefully new owners and a clearer way ahead will be in place before summer.

Always enjoy the release of a new album, it increases libera's profile and visibility as they get to promote and record a few of their new songs. Look how quickly 'Time' and 'Song of Life' became instant classics.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Don't spoil it Jimmy, this year will do nicely 8)

Mercy & Love
madine_lover

Post by madine_lover »

THIS YEAR, hopefully! *fingers crossed*
To be honest, I'm craving for some new materials from Libera. :lol:
"...when we came together, we made the sound, that is LIBERA ..."
http://madinelover.blogspot.com
madine_lover

Post by madine_lover »

I believe you all have seen the picture below from their latest promotional video.
The boys are obviously recording something there.
So..we might get a new album or at least a new song in the near future. I think the latter could possibly happen. Since Libera will cover a Chinese song for their Taiwan concert. See here: http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum/view ... 5&start=15
Whoop...I'm really looking forward to it! :D
"...when we came together, we made the sound, that is LIBERA ..."
http://madinelover.blogspot.com
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I do hope we get a new album this year. After all, the Libera lineup had changed dramatically over the past couple of years and a new album and material would mark a milestone in Libera's repertoire. But lets just cross our fingers and hope our prayers are answered.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

A new album is on the way . libera have confirmed they will be singing new songs on this tour which will appear on a new album .

No date as of yet but one is coming !
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

With a new album basically confirmed I wonder what boys will get solo's and if they will use Stefan or Ralph at all as Tom and Josh both got to sing on Peace when they voices had broken .

I am hoping its like Peace and we get a load of new material and its not old songs restung by new boys .
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:A new album is on the way . libera have confirmed they will be singing new songs on this tour which will appear on a new album .

:lol: I didn't start this thread by accident dani :wink:

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
dani wrote:A new album is on the way . libera have confirmed they will be singing new songs on this tour which will appear on a new album .

:lol: I didn't start this thread by accident dani :wink:

HaHa- ok so if you are so clever then what is the name of the album and release date?? :mrgreen: :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

What's your source, dani, or have I been sleeping?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote: What's your source, dani, or have I been sleeping?
Here you go :)
Seoul Arts Management's blog released yet another message from Libera!

Message from Libera

Welcome to our Libera concert!

We are so glad to be back in South Korea once again. Many years ago our very first international tour brought us here to Seoul, and we have never forgotten the fantastic welcome we received. Indeed the enthusiasm and support was so encouraging that it gave us the confidence to travel more and more, and to take our music across the world.

Although we are now quite accustomed to touring, there is always a great sense of excitement and anticipation as we begin a new season. Because Libera is a boys choir, the members gradually change as the years go on, so there are always new boys on stage, and new singers inheriting the solos and harmony parts from the older boys. New young 'mini-boys' as we call them, come away from home for the first time -- some of them travel on a plane for the first time. So nothing in a boys choir stays the same for long.

As if to underline this, on this tour we have playing keyboards and working back stage many of the boys who once used to stand up front in their white robes.

We are singing many other popular Libera songs including some of our very first compositions, like 'Sanctus', 'Libera' and 'Salva Me' alongside more recent pieces like 'Song of Life' and 'Eternal Light'. You will also hear some new music, which is only just about to appear on an album.

Music truly is an international language -- it respects no boundaries and many break free of its roots in one country and be welcomed in others. We are truly honoured that our Libera music and the Libera singers are able to cross the world, and we thank you for your help and support in making that possible.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Guess we have to wait for the first concert review to find out more.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It will be great news if it relates to a 'brand' new album. Local songs associated with tours have been slipped into compilation albums or bonus digital download.... Song of life, Bayan Ko, You were there..

Could be setup for the first autumn (Sept-Oct) release of new material since Angel Voices Concert. Not including the Christmas Album of course.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
smiley_pinder

Post by smiley_pinder »

Speaking of Bayan Ko, does anyone know if Sakura has ever been recorded or released? It's such a pretty piece. I would like to have it but I can't find it anywhere.
Thanks.