Look!
http://www.kajimotomusic.com/jp/artists/k=14/

Best regards from China!
Ludwig
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks Ludwig, that page has been shared before but it doesn't do any harm to have a reminder for those who missed it last time.

Libera Records has posted a 360 video of a few boys commenting on the new upcoming album and concerts in Japan.

Erm... I'm optimistically hopeful that the 360 video of St George's (hopefully Agnus Dei) will be offered in slightly better quality lol
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

How strange the video won't work on my phone

ETA- watched on my laptop and what a interesting video 😂
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

dani wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:36 am">7 years ago</span> Libera have just said one of the videos they shot was called 'Smile'
I googled to see if any songs came up called Smile and the Nat King Cole would fit them
More secularisation/popification? I hope not.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

john45 wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:50 pm">7 years ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:36 am">7 years ago</span> Libera have just said one of the videos they shot was called 'Smile'
I googled to see if any songs came up called Smile and the Nat King Cole would fit them

It just seems to fit the title of "Hope" and it's meaning.

I am Probably totally wrong :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Erm... I'm optimistically hopeful that the 360 video of St George's (hopefully Agnus Dei) will be offered in slightly better quality lol
The short video posted yesterday on FB is not a true 360° video. It's a standard 2D flat video that someone has wrongly set to be viewed in a 360° player. The result is terrible :lol:

Thankfully the recording at St George were made using real 360° camera having multiple lens, the result will be surely way better.
BTW the song that we all expect is 'Angele Dei', not Agnus Dei ;)
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

dani wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:16 pm">7 years ago</span> How strange the video won't work on my phone

ETA- watched on my laptop and what a interesting video 😂
Took two attempts on my laptop. Second attempt played but It was awkward. Audio was great, video was cumbersome. To Jimmy Riddle's point, I hope the 360 from St. George's concert will be of better quality. :wink:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

john45 wrote:
dani wrote:Libera have just said one of the videos they shot was called 'Smile'
Hummmm, I went on Youtube to listen many versions of 'Smile'.
Sorry for being frank but I really don't like it... :|

The original tune is famous, it comes from the 'Modern Times' end credits, and it was sung by countless top artists, Nat King Cole, Judy Garland, Frank Sinatra, Celine Dion, Michael Buble, Michael Jackson and many more....

But even being sung in a libera way, I don't think I will appreciate it, I feel the tune as being boring, dull and terribly old-fashioned.

I hope the song will only be on the DVD as a bonus video, and not also as a track on the audio CD...
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

What makes you all so sure that this "Smile" is an existing song, moreover this special one? Maybe it's a new composition by - Robert. :?: :!:

Well, since the album is called "Hope", I feel invited to hope and keep doing that!
:mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:33 pm">7 years ago</span> What makes you all so sure that this "Smile" is an existing song, moreover this special one? Maybe it's a new composition by - Robert. :?: :!:

Well, since the album is called "Hope", I feel invited to hope and keep doing that!
:mrgreen:

Because the lyrics fit with the message hope is why I'm assuming it's that song as the entire song is about having "Hope"

ETA - i would much rather of had Angele Dei as a video as I have heard it and it's stunning :)
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

They clearly do beyond all doubt! However ... I wish so much for many completely new composed songs. :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I agree with Dani, it fits the album theme.
Also that song 'Smile' fits the photos of the recording, of poor boys singing a contrasted song of hopefulness despite their situation, which is the same theme that was already used two years ago for the video 'What a Wonderful World'.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

john45 wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:50 pm">7 years ago</span>
Could be worse... it could be Lily Allen's version :o
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:39 pm">7 years ago</span> BTW the song that we all expect is 'Angele Dei', not Agnus Dei ;)
P.S. Thanks Patrick, yes I did mean 'Angele Dei' but my subconscious drew out a previous Libera song for some reason.
dani wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:47 pm">7 years ago</span> ETA - i would much rather of had Angele Dei as a video as I have heard it and it's stunning :)
Hopefully we'll get this from the St George's concert...but as with everything on this forum, until it's published by the officiallibera it's purely a speculative & somewhat hopeful wish.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I am
Wondering if they are holding back some of the videos from St George's for the video part of the cd/dvd?

As wonderful world was released 2nd Jan and they said more videos were coming soon which hasn't happened.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Libera Records has reposted the video on Youtube.
Thankfully this time they didn't tried to display it in 360°, there is no image distortion :)