UK concert serie announced! - Autumn 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

mqeric

UK concert serie announced! - Autumn 2010

Post by mqeric »

from Libera's official blog, posted not an hour ago.

http://blog.libera.org.uk/2010/09/22/uk-concert-dates/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted on September 22, 2010 by Libera
We are really excited to be able to announce some UK Concert dates!

Bristol

* Date: Wednesday 27th October
* Place: Clifton Cathedral
* Time: 7.30 pm
* Tickets: Via Ticketweb – details will be announced shortly

Chester

* Date: Friday 29th October
* Place: Chester Cathedral
* Time: 7.30 pm

London

* Date: Friday 19th November
* Place: St George’s Cathedral
* Time: 7.30pm

Epsom

* Date: 18th March 2011
* Place: Epsom Playhouse
* Time: 7.45
* Tickets: Tickets are available from the theatre.

We are also working on one further venue in the North East – details will be announced when available – hopefully quite soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like fans in UK finally got what they've been asking for, 4 concerts! Good to know Libera's been listening to fans' demands :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

So Good !!! :D

4 (and soon 5) concerts !!

I hope I can manage to go to some, but now my problem is that there is so much concerts than I have no more vacations available ! :lol:

There is not yet any "libera" show available on ticketweb, but as the three new venues are Cathedral, the seats should not to be reserved, so there is no need to besiege Ticketweb ;)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I will deffo do the London one. This is such exciting news.

I may try and do another one but its doubtful when the set list will be the same.

Also surely if they are doing a northen tour then that means they wont going abraod late Oct for there winter tour, maybe thats why they are now doing this because they could not make it back to Philipines this year.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It's true the song list and the Choristers will probably be the same, but each concert is different from the others.
It's still interesting to listen various concerts, to be able to do comparisons, to appreciate the improvements etc ;)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Bugger me - nothing for years and then all of a sudden 5 of them appear at once!

Obviously Epsom is sorted, I can do the Chester and possibly North East one by driving there and back in the day. Bristol will have to be no and so will the London one (damn, if I'd known earlier I could have gone to London in November rather than October).

Still, shouldn't complain - it is great news after all.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

A good concert planned out for UK fans! I'll be looking forward to hearing from you guys about it, really excited for you all! :D
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Isn't this exciting?! It's great that you UK/European fans have to decide WHICH concerts to go to! Looking forward to hearing from everyone and seeing pictures! :D
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Sooooo exciting and absolutely incredible ! :D
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

This is too good to be true! I'll definitely be at the London concert, and I might be able to go to one of the October ones as well! Thank you all so much for the updates!!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Flora wrote:This is too good to be true! I'll definitely be at the London concert, and I might be able to go to one of the October ones as well! Thank you all so much for the updates!!
Hi Flora how is London going? You made a great choice with the dates! Sadly I won't be able to make the London concert but you can meet up with dani & F_D_L - if you dare :D

Mercy & Love
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Yorkie wrote:Hi Flora how is London going? You made a great choice with the dates! Sadly I won't be able to make the London concert but you can meet up with dani & F_D_L - if you dare :D
Thank you for asking, Yorkie! London is incredible, and full of people who walk and think much faster than I do (especially, I've discovered, while trying to make it through those quickly-closing Tube doors). I might be able to go to Chester, but if not, have an amazing time! I'd love to meet Dani and F_D_L if they are willing!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Changed my mind - I think I can do the London one as well. Travel down on Friday by train (about £35 return) and just need to get somewhere cheap to crash over night and back home Saturday.

Never know when the next chance will come along do you. Flora, I shall expect a guided tour of London now that you are a local.

I see from the French forum that Patrick is organising a trip to the Bristol concert - I'm definitely not doing that one!

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yorkie wrote:I see from the French forum that Patrick is organising a trip to the Bristol concert
I'm definitely not doing that one!
Too bad.... :(
I was just planning to ask you if you would be able to carry 3 people in your car from Bristol to Chester ! :lol:
(Viabuona, BulleHynka and myself). Well, we are going to take the train ;)

Have you seen on the french forum the photos from the Clifton Cathedral ?
Doesn't that particular venue motivate you enough to attend that concert ? :)

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote: Too bad.... :(
I was just planning to ask you if you would be able to carry 3 people in your car from Bristol to Chester ! :lol:
(Viabuona, BulleHynka and myself). Well, we are going to take the train ;)

Have you seen on the french forum the photos from the Clifton Cathedral ?
Doesn't that particular venue motivate you enough to attend that concert ? :)
Nice try! Sadly, it is getting the time off work that is the major concern. I'm off work the week before to visit London (more expense) and the week after most of my colleagues have booked off (UK school holidays - those of us without kids have to work around these things) so I dare not ask for more time off!

I can make it to Chester in about an hour and a half so I could sneak away from work in the early afternoon and be there before the worst of the evening traffic.

Chester is a really nice town, I'm glad they picked it because it will be nice for non UK Libera fans to visit.

Anyway, I'm a terrible driver :shock:

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I wonder what other dates they will add as its its the half term week for the Northenrn tour they will add more dates im guessing. Because i am so tempted to try and do another venue but by myself it seems like to much of a treck.