US Tour Dates - Summer 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Lexi
Silver Member

US Tour Dates - Summer 2010

Post by Lexi »

I've never posted on here, but did not see if anyone else put up that Libera just announced their US Tour dates on their blog.

Tuesday 27th July

Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church, Dallas

Admission Free - a goodwilll offering will be taken

Visit Website

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 29th July

Arborlawn Methodist Church, Fort Worth

Visit Website

Thursday 5th August

Cathedral Basilica, St Louis

Tickets $37 $27 $17 - buy tickets here

Sunday 8th August

Brentwood Methodist Church, Nashville

Visit Website

Tuesday 10th August

Peachtree Presbyterian Church, Atlanta

Tickets $10 $20

Visit Website

Fort Worth is an additional city that was added from previous announcement. It is next to Dallas.
Last edited by Lexi on Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

I'm so excited I'm shaking. :lol: I'm trying to find additional information and put it on my blog http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

You are right on top of things Lexi!

At this point, the blog is the only place where this information is out. Thanks for the notice, time to start booking my vacation!!!!!
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

I cant wait, i'm soo glad they finally gave us some dates and places. Right now i'm planning on st louis, nashville and atlanta so whoever is going to those shows we should meet up.
Dennis
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Hey, Dennis,

Lexi is at camp so I posted this for her. I am her Libera-crazy mom, Lauren. I suppose I should get my own account, ey? :D

We're planning on St. Louis and Nashville! On Lexi's blog I just put up pictures of the insides of each church. St. Louis is amazingly beautiful! If they DO film any of the performances, that would be the place to film it. Looks like it would have a nice echo in there also.
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Cathedral Basilica St Louis. Wow! :shock:

Does anyone else think that for the other parishes, they might do a similar arrangement regarding the autograph signing and love offering collection as last year?
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

whitetail1985 wrote:I cant wait, i'm soo glad they finally gave us some dates and places. Right now i'm planning on st louis, nashville and atlanta so whoever is going to those shows we should meet up.
I hope to be at them all. :shock:
I have friends in Dallas and the others are just too close to miss. 8)

Looking forward to seeing you again and perhaps another
post-concert meal?
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

carina_gino20 wrote:Cathedral Basilica St Louis. Wow! :shock:

Does anyone else think that for the other parishes, they might do a similar arrangement regarding the autograph signing and love offering collection as last year?
There were multiple collections at the California events; during the intermission and post-concert. I think the post concert collecting/signing etc. will depend on what sort of facilities are available for such things at the various locations.
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

a little confused--wasn't there going to be more cities added? so there are a couple they haven't added yet?

because until i know the cities, i can't pick. i can only afford to go to one city (plane ride alone around 400$, for Atlanta).

i can't make plans yet, and i really wish they would give more notice. this will be close to a 1000$ trip for me, and it will be totally worth it, but just want details now!!!!!

Thanks for updating us, I hadn't thought to check the blog!!!

and do you think they will do one concert, or maybe two, in each venue? just opinion now, i'm just wondering?

very excited!!!
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

It's hard to say if they will add any more cities. Fort Worth is the only one they added since the first announcement. There IS a huge gap of time from July 29 to Aug. 5 (Ft. Worth to St. Louis). Perhaps they are leaving it open for another venue or will be sightseeing during that time.

If you can only fly to one city, how would you feel about flying to Dallas? Then you can see 2 concerts since Dallas and Ft. Worth are right next to each other. Just a thought. :)
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Libera's blog also has a really cool video ad for the US Tour! I'm a newbie at this, so I'm afraid I don't know how to post a video on here. Sorry. :oops:

(Edited by xsakurax) Hi Lexi, welcome to the forum! To post a youtube video, you will just have to click the YouTube button above (message body) and copy and paste the link, after which just click back the YouTube button again. :D [PS. I think you posted the link correctly, but I have no idea why the video doesn't seem to show here]

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Lexi on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:00 am, edited 10 times in total.
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

Lexi, how far is Ft. Worth from Dallas? I have no way of getting from one city to the other. renting a car is way too expensive, as I don't have a job, and I also don't know the area.

i was hoping they would have more than one concert at at least some of the venues. if not, i would most likely go to Dallas instead of Atlanta, because it would be cheaper.

that's why i really wish they would post the details they know. i know they are doing the best they can, but I would really love to go this year! of course, I assume they will be back next year, but you never know about programs and which boys will be in or out.

wherever i end up, i hope to meet some of you!!!!
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

just checked--as the crow flies, it's 30 miles from Dallas to Fort Worth.

hmmm, are there cabs in Texas? Maybe a bus system?
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Dallas does have a DART rail system which goes out to Fort Worth (which I found at http://www.dart.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), but I'm not sure how close it comes to the particular venues. You might need a cab from the station anyway. Hopefully other Dallas fans will log on tomorrow and be of better help to you.
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

thank you very much for your help, though!!!

it will all work out, one way or another!