Libera California-bound (USA concerts, April 2009)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

kjackson83

Libera California-bound (USA concerts, April 2009)

Post by kjackson83 »

Announced on the Facebook page:

Libera are including Los Angeles, CA, in their summer tour (or am I the last person on earth to hear this?)...
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Re: Libera California-bound

Post by carina_gino20 »

kjackson83 wrote:Announced on the Facebook page:

Libera are including Los Angeles, CA, in their summer tour (or am I the last person on earth to hear this?)...
Just saw this too.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Tour News

We are delighted to announce further details of our Spring tour.
Following concerts in Japan, in Sendai and Tokyo, we will be
travelling on to Los Angeles where we will take part in events at
exciting venues in Southern California between 11th - 19th April.
Further details will be announced in the next few days.

Coming soon: Our new album Eternal: the Best of Libera will be
released in the USA on April 7th. It is available for pre - order at
Amazon.com

Kind regards

Libera

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =474638982
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Oh dear, still not coming anywhere near me...

well... as Woodrow Wilson said "All things come to him who waits - provided he knows what he is waiting for."
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Wow! Cool. It looks like a last minute decision kinda thing but sigh, wish I could go there.. but it's way impossible. Guess my closest chance of attending their concerts is their Asia Tours.. 2 or 3 years from now after I saved enough $$$.

Are the venues in California confirmed yet? Is anyone here going?
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Kevin will be happy
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

USA ,here they come the next few days we shall here more of themt at which places they shall perform. I hope that it is possible for many of you to go ,but it is maby to far for to go to Los Angelis if you live on the east side I think to far for Kevin?
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

You know, I've wondered for awhile, when LIbera travels to Japan, what route do they take? The reason I ask is that even though the direct route over Asia is shorter than flying over the Atlantic, North America and the Pacific, IIRC Russia and China bar flights over their territories by any airline other than their national airlines. If I'm right that means flying from Europe to Japan requires a detour around Russia and China, greatly lengthening the trans-Asia flight path from the UK to Japan unless you're willing to fly Russian and Chinese airlines. I could be wrong, these policies may have changed, though I believe the idea was mainly economic, to protect the income of the national airlines of Russia and China.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

it is a good thing that they are returning to the usa but i wish they would let us know of any in the uk other than ireland they seem to have forgoten main land england lol
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

kthomp wrote:it is a good thing that they are returning to the usa but i wish they would let us know of any in the uk other than ireland they seem to have forgoten main land england lol
Oh come now! What's one treble choir--there's barely enough room on the big island to hold all those British treble choirs! :D :D :D
musey_na

Post by musey_na »

TullyBascombe wrote:You know, I've wondered for awhile, when LIbera travels to Japan, what route do they take? The reason I ask is that even though the direct route over Asia is shorter than flying over the Atlantic, North America and the Pacific, IIRC Russia and China bar flights over their territories by any airline other than their national airlines. If I'm right that means flying from Europe to Japan requires a detour around Russia and China, greatly lengthening the trans-Asia flight path from the UK to Japan unless you're willing to fly Russian and Chinese airlines. I could be wrong, these policies may have changed, though I believe the idea was mainly economic, to protect the income of the national airlines of Russia and China.
I've flown between North America and Asia on Continental Airlines, United Airlines and Air Canada, each time taking the most direct route over Siberia, Mongolia and China. I've never heard of the policy you're referring to, but if it existed it must have ended at least ten years ago (which is as far back as I can remember).
paopao

Post by paopao »

xsakurax wrote:Wow! Cool. It looks like a last minute decision kinda thing but sigh, wish I could go there.. but it's way impossible. Guess my closest chance of attending their concerts is their Asia Tours.. 2 or 3 years from now after I saved enough $$$.

Are the venues in California confirmed yet? Is anyone here going?
yeah, for me the closest one is the asia tour too.. hopefully they'll add some countries, esp here in south-east asia..
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Ohhh.... If only they felt like coming back to the East Coast! But I guess its alright, because its really all about "spreading Libera's message" so to speak. And even if they came within a days drive of me, I'd still have a lot of saving my money to do until I could get there. So maybe its better they aren't near me, seeing as I couldn't stand it if they were close and I wasn't there. :wink:
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Re: Libera California-bound

Post by jennaluvspbr »

kjackson83 wrote:Announced on the Facebook page:

sens i am from california of bishop i get to go see them in los angeles ca and its going to be good i wish there was some fans that will come and see them in CA and it can be fun i wondring if they will do a dvd some day a gain like they did a long time a go from bishop CA from jenna
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I've flown between North America and Asia on Continental Airlines, United Airlines and Air Canada, each time taking the most direct route over Siberia, Mongolia and China. I've never heard of the policy you're referring to, but if it existed it must have ended at least ten years ago (which is as far back as I can remember).
It was back in the 1990s, Yeltsin was President of Russia. Some non-Russian airlines were making an issue of it, but Yeltsin refused to yield. Maybe the policy was later changed without making the news over here.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

^ they have the same problem in Zimbabwe right now.

Yes Jenna, I'm pretty darn sure they'll be coming out with a new dvd soon since their first sold like hot cakes.