22 June 2019 - Arundel, UK Concert

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

22 June 2019 - Arundel, UK Concert

Post by Surpinto »

https://libera.org.uk/event/arundel-uk-2/ :D

New concert announced for Saturday, June 22 in Arundel at Arundel Cathedral. Tickets will be available on March 23 at 2pm UK time.

Last edited by Surpinto on Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: 22 June 2019 - Arundel, UK Concert

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Great news!
Always a treat to attend a concert in Arundel Cathedral :D

The date in unusually late, but being a Saturday it will be easy to attend.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Thank you for posting!

Arundel, yayay, finally Arundel, I'm so happy and excited and sooo curious! :!: :D :D :D

Only the date ... not so good for me, but ok. No spring, but a summer UK concert this time. Perhaps we are gifted some nice weather then, much sunshine and summer warmth. :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Surpinto wrote:no ticket sale time is given
Yes it is :)

Tickets will go on sale on Saturday March 23rd at 2:00 pm (UK time).
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Really looking forward to this!
It's been 7 years now since they last performed there, if I'm correct. How time goes by...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I really don't know what to do yet :shock:

To hear Libera in Arundel has been some kind of a dream for me, for a while. I definitely did not expect it would happen so soon. BUT. My parents have made it pretty clear they are still giving me money and it is not to be used to travel in the UK (although I told them so many times, it is less expensive from Paris to London than from Paris to my hometown :lol: ). Soooo... what to do ? :cry: :cry: :cry: I might be eating pasta a lot so that I can spare some money... and not tell them anything because they can't know what Libera means. :lol:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

maartendas wrote:It's been 7 years now since they last performed there, if I'm correct.
You are wrong, it is 5 years since the last performance there :)

It will be 6th libera concert in this cathedral :

- May 2007
- May 2009 (my 1st concert)
- May 2010
- May 2012
- May 2014
- June 2019
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:40 pm">5 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote:no ticket sale time is given
Yes it is :)

Tickets will go on sale on Saturday March 23rd at 2:00 pm (UK time).
LOL! :lol: Why do they put such information on different pages! How annoying. I will update my post above. Thank you.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I am guessing Libera will not have a Easter tour this year so this is good news as it means they have time to rehearse a new set list as surely they can not perform Christmas songs in June here and July in the U.S.A.

So a nice break now means more time to rehearse.
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Wooow! what a beautiful cathedral!! Thanks for the pics! I think, the visit of this concwert would be an Option for me! Nice!!! :)
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Have booked a room for the Saturday night being June it is a popular time (and priced accordingly) but could not be bothered to train back to Gatwick after the concert, will book flights as soon as I know have a ticket.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I will be there :D :D :D Kind of a nice story... I definitely don't have the money to afford it. Someone advised me to ask my parents to come and make a nice family trip. That would have meant to share my love for Libera with them. So I asked them and was turned down, because they already planed something for this weekend. But they told me, if you like that choir so much and want to share it with someone... just ask your grandma !
And I asked her, and it was... so soft ! She told me, she had always wanted to visit London with my grandpa, who died a few years ago. But she would be glad to go to Arundel with me and visit London with me if I would like to ! Awesome trip to come :lol: Me and my grandma. I can't wait !
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Great and touching news :D
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 pm">5 years ago</span> I will be there :D :D :D Kind of a nice story... I definitely don't have the money to afford it. Someone advised me to ask my parents to come and make a nice family trip. That would have meant to share my love for Libera with them. So I asked them and was turned down, because they already planed something for this weekend. But they told me, if you like that choir so much and want to share it with someone... just ask your grandma !
And I asked her, and it was... so soft ! She told me, she had always wanted to visit London with my grandpa, who died a few years ago. But she would be glad to go to Arundel with me and visit London with me if I would like to ! Awesome trip to come :lol: Me and my grandma. I can't wait !
Oh, this is so great. I'm really happy for you and for your grandma! I'm sure this will be an unforgettable trip for both of you. And I look forward to meeting you in Arundel. :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 pm">5 years ago</span> I will be there :D :D :D Kind of a nice story... I definitely don't have the money to afford it. Someone advised me to ask my parents to come and make a nice family trip. That would have meant to share my love for Libera with them. So I asked them and was turned down, because they already planed something for this weekend. But they told me, if you like that choir so much and want to share it with someone... just ask your grandma !
Thank you for sharing this story and I am certain you and your grandmother will enjoy your trip to London and Arundel. Is she a Libera fan already, or is it your task now to make her one by June? :wink: :lol:
dani wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 pm">5 years ago</span> I am guessing Libera will not have a Easter tour this year so this is good news as it means they have time to rehearse a new set list as surely they can not perform Christmas songs in June here and July in the U.S.A.

So a nice break now means more time to rehearse.
I think that's a fairly safe bet about an Easter tour; although who the heck knows! But I would also hazard a guess that it is also a good time for them to work in the recording studio for the new album.

hmmm....as an aside, I can't help but notice that this my 1,000th post. My calculations indicate that since joining Libera Dreams in August of 2014 I have made approximately 0.6 posts per day on average :shock: That means that in only a short 4.5 more years I will reach the coveted "Diamond" status :wink: :D