2019 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

2019 US Summer Tour

Post by Surpinto »

There have been some hints dropped by the Libera of the US Twitter account with regard to a possible US tour. Now the rhetoric is becoming more definitive, even the profile description of that account has become: "We host US tours of LIBERA. We've brought them to the US twice before, and we're bringing them back in 2019." (emphasis added).

Even the website of Libera of the US now includes the banner below! :D

And now we have even more information contained in an email asking for donations.
It's that time of year again!
For those of you who have donated to Libera of the US in the 2018 tax year, we'd like to let you know that your year-end receipts will be processed and delivered soon after January 1, 2019.

If you're a regular donor and would like to add another contribution before the end of the year, now's the time! If you haven't yet donated to Libera of the US, we'd love to add you to our family.

Your donations will help fund Libera's 2019 summer tour in the United States. Please consider making a donation at https://libera.org

The cities for the tour have yet to be decided, but there will probably be 5 or 6 concerts around the US in 2019. We hope to see you at one or more of the concerts.

Visit https://libera.org or watch your email for all the upcoming 2019 news!

For those who are unaware, tours to the United States are not money-makers when considering the many travel costs and other expenses of touring such a geographically huge country. So while the shows are usually fairly successful in and of themselves, they cannot draw the 2,000+ at premium prices that a show in Tokyo can bring in. For this reason tours to the US need to be subsidized through donations from fans like us! :D I have been contributing to Libera of the US (and Libera itself in the UK) for some time now and will continue to do so using their monthly donations option. I can't afford to give them as much as I want, but even a small, but regular, contribution helps. I hope that everyone who is able can help in making this happen.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Re: 2019 US Summer Tour

Post by hiskeys »

Glad to hear it, and I always wish them the best when they come.

Hopefully, as you pointed out, they can arrange a tour with minimal travel between concerts. It is quite different, especially in the Western US, to do one concert, then a day of travel to one more concert - as opposed to, for example, two concerts each in Tokyo and Osaka, then straight on home.

Maybe we should pray for a kind bus owner to become a Libera fan. Then at least that cost might be reduced.

Or (just thinking out loud) get Cracker Barrel or Subway to be 'official sponsors'.

I know in the past, they've been able to stay at a couple different Christian conference grounds. I'm sure that is less expensive, and sometimes provides activities as well.

I think the opportunity to 'buy' any potential empty seats was a creative idea. I was involved before. It helps fill the facility, which creates a better atmosphere for Libera and the fans, and introduces Libera to people that otherwise wouldn't be exposed to them. It's especially helpful if those people are musical in some way and can appreciate Libera's unique talent - perhaps music teachers, who might even then play Libera's music for their students and create new Libera fans.

Just a side thought that occurred to me: I wonder if Libera would consider being involved in something like the World Choir Games? It will be in Belgium summer of 2020, not too far from them either. Maybe they are no longer considered amateur enough. There are other regional 'choir' events, that even if they didn't officially compete, could perhaps be a guest performance, similar to what they did on Last Choir Standing when they sang Orinoco Flow.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Libera of the US keeps on stepping up their games lol. I do hope they manage to get enough donation for this, I noticed the price for a regular seat at some of their concerts in the previous 2018 tour was $25, fairly cheap compared to their other concerts or even concerts of other artists.
And I really really wish that I can come to the US one day so as to listen to Libera. :)

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:15 am">5 years ago</span> Maybe we should pray for a kind bus owner to become a Libera fan. Then at least that cost might be reduced.

Or (just thinking out loud) get Cracker Barrel or Subway to be 'official sponsors'.
Funny how I was thinking the same. :lol:

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:15 am">5 years ago</span> It's especially helpful if those people are musical in some way and can appreciate Libera's unique talent - perhaps music teachers, who might even then play Libera's music for their students and create new Libera fans.
This is, for me, one of the very best ways to draw others into Libera music. You can introduce Libera to a random person, and they may like them or not. But to the 'musical' people, it is really likely that they realize and appreciate the boys' singing at once. Now that you mentioned it, I did play their music for the kids in my choir and they really liked it.

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:15 am">5 years ago</span> Just a side thought that occurred to me: I wonder if Libera would consider being involved in something like the World Choir Games? It will be in Belgium summer of 2020, not too far from them either. Maybe they are no longer considered amateur enough. There are other regional 'choir' events, that even if they didn't officially compete, could perhaps be a guest performance, similar to what they did on Last Choir Standing when they sang Orinoco Flow.
I have been thinking about this kind of thing for a while. That's a great opportunity for them to get new fans and I'm wondering why they haven't done anything like that recently - maybe because their schedule is too busy already. :?:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

New announcement and new video posted today.

First the announcement:
2019 Tour Details
LIBERA will be returning to the USA in the summer of 2019, performing in Minneapolis, Saint Louis, Oklahoma City, Westlake Village, and Garden Grove.

Please look over all the different creative ways that you can help us to finance the upcoming tour in the “Can You Help?” section below. We’ll see you this summer!
So we now have the cities :D but not the dates or venues. I imagine that the recent venues could possibly be the same as past concerts in Saint Louis (Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis), Westlake (Calvary Community Church), and Garden Grove (Christ Cathedral)? And maybe the Minneapolis venue is the Basilica of St. Mary where they sang in 2011? We shall have to wait and see!

And now here is the video! :D

bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Okay, I guess I wasn't expecting them to return to Minnesota this year, but I'm sure glad they are! I'm tempted to make a trip down to St. Louis to see their concert there as well. The Basilica of St. Mary would be my first guess for the Minneapolis venue. While I love the acoustics of the Cathedral of St. Paul, the lack of air conditioning can make it rather uncomfortable in the summer time. I have to admit that I would rather have it be the last concert of the tour instead of the first concert, since they are usually at their best near the end of a tour. The Basilica is having a Music and Arts Immersion Camp from July 29-August 2 for singers from grades 3-8, so it's possible that Libera's concert could be during that time.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I'm surprised to see two of the events in the midwest, but it's always nice to have some shows a little closer to home.
With the right timing, I might be able to commute. :lol:
I'm most excited about the Oklahoma City announcement, because I've never been there before.
Hope the dates can be released early enough to allow for the opportunity to get the word out so that the concerts
are well attended.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

It's a pity they couldn't return to the east coast this year.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

This video is really funny :lol: Great news for american fans !
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:21 am">5 years ago</span> It's a pity they couldn't return to the east coast this year.
I knoooooooow!! :( :?

They must really hate it here. We should take it personally as a direct insult and affront to all east coast fans :twisted: :lol:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:50 am">5 years ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:21 am">5 years ago</span> It's a pity they couldn't return to the east coast this year.
I knoooooooow!! :( :?

They must really hate it here. We should take it personally as a direct insult and affront to all east coast fans :twisted: :lol:
Hm, I really don't want to increase your pain any further, but there's a sudden curve instead of logically continuing the line from St. Louis to New York ... :lol:

D0-9p0iWwAEdXGx.jpeg
D0-9p0iWwAEdXGx.jpeg (68.94 KiB) Viewed 10296 times
D0-9p0iWwAEdXGx.jpeg
D0-9p0iWwAEdXGx.jpeg (68.94 KiB) Viewed 10296 times

One day they will come. Step by step they will get the way prepared to the East coast. I hope so for all who hope so. :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
ForrestB

Post by ForrestB »

Looking forward to seeing them again in Garden Grove. It's when I take my mental vacation away from work. After seeing them live, it gives me hope and motivates me throughout the rest of the year.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

A new tweet from @uslibera lists St. Paul, MN as a stop instead of Minneapolis. So, that brings the Cathedral of St. Paul back into play. The acoustics are great but it lacks air conditioning. I'm fine with that as long as it isn't too hot and humid (I don't like sitting in hot, humid conditions for very long).
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:10 pm">5 years ago</span> A new tweet from @uslibera lists St. Paul, MN as a stop instead of Minneapolis. So, that brings the Cathedral of St. Paul back into play.
Okaaay ... I yet leave the above map as it is, as Saint Paul is, with 10 miles distance, too close to the possible Minneapolis venue Basilica of St. Mary to notice it in such an overview. :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Noob

Post by Noob »

Surpinto wrote:First the announcement:
thanks for the info, Surpinto.
and congrats on post #1,000!!!
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Too long quote
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The Christ Cathedral in Garden Grove is hosting a London boys choir concert two weeks before the libera concert. Despite a difference in the repertoire, this is quite redundant :?
Hopefully it will not harm too much the sales...
A good news is that concert is said to be performed in the new main cathedral. It means the major works that are made in the cathedral since two years will completed before the libera event :)