Libera "The Friendship Tour" (Philippines 2019)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

theforestdweller
Silver Member

Libera "The Friendship Tour" (Philippines 2019)

Post by theforestdweller »

Just spotted this - Philippines concerts February 19th and 23rd 2019.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Libera "The Friendship Tour" (Philippines 2019)

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks! The photos they use look a bit dated but that's to be expected I suppose. Hope those who are able to go enjoy themselves. It's not a lot of notice for an international tour - although by Libera standards maybe it is! :roll: :lol:
justin

Post by justin »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:05 pm">5 years ago</span> Thanks! The photos they use look a bit dated but that's to be expected I suppose. Hope those who are able to go enjoy themselves. It's not a lot of notice for an international tour - although by Libera standards maybe it is! :roll: :lol:
Really happy that they're going to another Asia destination... much more affordable for me :D And look at Alex! That photo surely can't be recent - it's probably from way back in 2016. :P
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I wonder why they have a much smaller venue for their Manila concert compared to PICC Plenary Hall where they performed in the past. I'm curious to know why it's the "Friendship Tour." In 2016, the proximity to Valentine's Day made it "A Valentine's Concert", but I don't know if the title of this tour has any relation to Valentine's Day.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:27 am">5 years ago</span> I wonder why they have a much smaller venue for their Manila concert compared to PICC Plenary Hall where they performed in the past. I'm curious to know why it's the "Friendship Tour." In 2016, the proximity to Valentine's Day made it "A Valentine's Concert", but I don't know if the title of this tour has any relation to Valentine's Day.
Maybe they will add a second concert at the same venue or a different venue, if tickets sell fast enough for the first concert.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

I was extremely happy when I saw this. It has been a while since I last saw them and I can't wait to hear them sing again! I'm planning to go to the Manila concert. Not quite certain about Cebu yet, but hopefully... :D
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

It's less that 6 weeks left to the concert in Manila and the concerts haven't been officially announced yet. Isn't it strange?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

andmar wrote:Isn't it strange?
Nope, it's usual :wink:

Last Filipino tour, Feb. 2016, was announced on January 12th, with a first concert on February 16th, meaning 36 days ahead.

Should this to repeat the same in 2019, the announce day would then be January 14th, so we are still on the tracks :)
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:59 pm">5 years ago</span>
andmar wrote:Isn't it strange?
Nope, it's usual :wink:

Last Filipino tour, Feb. 2016, was announced on January 12th, with a first concert on February 16th, meaning 36 days ahead.

Should this to repeat the same in 2019, the announce day would then be January 14th, so we are still on the tracks :)
I see. We not only get wonderful music from Libera, but an adfitional, free of charge patience training as well. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

One month and one day to go before the 1st concert in the Pines. The tour is still unsaid on the official site and still no info about the tickets for the 2nd concert, in Cebu.

Although only few days remain now, I'm still confident the tour will materialize :)

It would be interesting to dig in the past and check what is the record of late announcement for a tour abroad, perhaps we approach the threshold . Hopefully we will not break the record :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Although I am not attending this tour, this is one area in which Libera deserves some criticism. Announcing tours with so little advance notice is really crazy! I understand that it's not always possible or there are factors we are not aware of preventing such an announcement. But this sort of thing happens regularly. Other organizations, many of which are much smaller than Libera, manage to give much more advanced notice of their events.

Aside from hurting the serious fans who wish to make plans to attend these concerts, this also limits the number of people who will attend overall. Without prior notice many may not find out about the concert and may not buy tickets. That hurts Libera too.

I'm certain that there are factors we are not privy to at play here; I just wish this were an area of improvement for them.

:(
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Now the tour is announced https://libera.org.uk/news/visiting-the-philippines/
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:59 pm">5 years ago</span> Although I am not attending this tour, this is one area in which Libera deserves some criticism. Announcing tours with so little advance notice is really crazy! I understand that it's not always possible or there are factors we are not aware of preventing such an announcement. But this sort of thing happens regularly. Other organizations, many of which are much smaller than Libera, manage to give much more advanced notice of their events.

Aside from hurting the serious fans who wish to make plans to attend these concerts, this also limits the number of people who will attend overall. Without prior notice many may not find out about the concert and may not buy tickets. That hurts Libera too.

I'm certain that there are factors we are not privy to at play here; I just wish this were an area of improvement for them.

:(
I can't agree more. The announcements of the Christmas concert 2017 and Ely 2018 were perfect - many months in advance. I know some fans were able to attend the concerts only because they were able to make their travel arrangements early enough.

I wish so much the concert dates would be announced earlier too.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

18.01.2018, 9 hours ago
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:26 pm">5 years ago</span> One month and one day to go before the 1st concert in the Pines. The tour is still unsaid on the official site and still no info about the tickets for the 2nd concert, in Cebu.
18.01.2019, 9 hours ago (33 min later)
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:59 pm">5 years ago</span> I'm certain that there are factors we are not privy to at play here; I just wish this were an area of improvement for them.
18.01.2019, 54 minutes ago
andmar wrote: <span title="Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:14 pm">5 years ago</span> Now the tour is announced https://libera.org.uk/news/visiting-the-philippines/

:o Seems like Libera now has just forgotten to announce it on their website.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

Cebu concert details are now on the UK official Libera website :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein