Japan 'Beyond' Tour - October 2018

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Japan 'Beyond' Tour - October 2018

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The concerts organisation company Kajimoto announced today the next Libera concert in Japan, in October 2018

They twitted about 3 concerts dates so far :
- Two dates in Tokyo, on October Sunday 21 and Monday 22
- One date in Osaka, on October Friday 26

The final comment "and more!..." may be for these special M&G with fans in records shops, as it occurred in the recent tours 2015 and 2017.
We will see.

So far the venues are not said.
The tweet indicates that details about the tour will be given next week.

The full tweet (in japanese) :

original text wrote:#LIBERA 2018年秋来日決定!
#七夕 の夜、#リベラ ファン=リベラーの皆さんにお伝えできる喜び😌💫🌌お待たせしました!
“世界一、儚く美しい歌声” が初のハロウィンツアーで日本に帰ってきます🎃さらに!
皆さんにきっと喜んで頂ける発表も絶賛準備中😉
ツアー詳細と合わせ来週発表いたします!
Which Google translates as wrote:#LIBERA Fall in 2018 Decided to visit!
#Tanabata Night, #Ribera Fan = Joy to tell everyone of Libera I've been waiting!
"The world's most beautiful singing voice" returns to Japan on his first Halloween tour 🎃 Even more!
An announcement that you surely will be pleased is also preparing for acclamation 😉
Tour details will be announced next week!
This sentence "An announcement that you surely will be pleased is also preparing for acclamation" may be about the CD to come, 'Beyond'

Edit : I add here the other events that were announced later, in order to have the tour fully listed on this 1st message

The tour will have 5 events, composed of 4 concerts and a special M&G with fans.
- Sunday October 21st - Concert at the Shinjuku Bunka Center, in Tokyo
- Monday October 22nd - Concert at the Shinjuku Bunka Center, in Tokyo
- Wednesday October 24th - Concert at the Zepp Nagoya, in Nagoya
- Thursday October 25th - Meet & Greet with fans, at the Osaka City Public Hall, in Osaka
- Friday October 26th - Concert at the Osaka International Convention Center, in Osaka
filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Japan 'Halloween' Tour 2018

Post by filiarheni »

"Halloween" Tour. :lol:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you for the update, fan_de_LoK. Three concerts plus the M&G event seem to be their Japan tour standard at this point so it stands to reason that these are the final concert dates. There is a large gap of time between their second and third concerts. Hopefully some fun activities plus perhaps a few media appearances may be in order during that long interval.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Now also on the official Libera Website, but no more details so far :wink:

https://libera.org.uk/news/libera-in-japan-2018
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks to Yuki who found the info, we now know the two venues :)

The two concerts in Tokyo on October 21 and 22 will be performed at the Shinjuku Bunka Center,

From the outside the red bricks building doesn't look much, but the hall is still impressive, it can seat 1800 people.

The hall had a visit from Google streets, so we can visit the whole building, including the concert hall :
- https://goo.gl/maps/4feDZKuB4vz
- https://goo.gl/maps/XVSqVb32QMy

The other concert place in Osaka on October 26 is well known, it's the Osaka International Convention Center, where libera already performed twice, in December 2015 and June 2017.
The hall can seat 2754 people.

In the page Yuki found, the tour is named as the 'Beyond' tour.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Japan 'Beyond' Tour 2018

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks for another update! Nearly 2000 in one venue and nearly 3000 in the other???? :shock: Incredible! Those look like very nice, modern concert halls where visibility and acoustics are no problem at all.

Who here is planning on going to these concerts?
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

If good seats can be arranged, I'm planning on going.

I very much enjoyed the Japanese tour in 2017 and hope for more of the same.
With another new CD to promote, I would expect it to be very similar to that one.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Both halls look very nice, one even has a pipe organ! :shock:
I really want to go and have already started the planning, since my plan for the US tour failed miserably. :roll:
However, there's still a question of money (whether I get the scholarship of the previous semester or not) and a visa application awaits, so not 100% sure... :?

And I also think this occasion will also be the debut of their 'Beyond' album. It makes sense to release it in the US Tour's time, but it also makes sense to release it in the Japan Tour's time. They have exclusively released a number of Japan versions there & they even have their own label (Libera Records) - good for advertising. :wink:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:43 pm">5 years ago</span> If good seats can be arranged, I'm planning on going.

I very much enjoyed the Japanese tour in 2017 and hope for more of the same.
With another new CD to promote, I would expect it to be very similar to that one.
That's awesome. Will definitely want to hear all about it afterwards - after the US tour of course :mrgreen:
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Can anyone from the UK / Europe help with a question if you've bought tickets for previous Japanese Tours?

Have you booked directly with the venues (and if so are they usually OK with UK credit cards?), or have you gone through one of the many Japanese shopping sites.

I'm really interested in going so any information at all that anyone can supply would be brilliant.

Thanks Very Much, Chris.
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Also considering going as have time off is any body able to assist with hotel recommendations close to normally aim for 3 star or above but any place with a comfortable bed for my old bones will do for both venues also best means off travel between cites i presume train. I am fairly well traveled but not to the far east any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks Steve.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Now that a fourth concert at Nagoya has been added, train would certainly be the most practical way of travelling between cities. The shinkansen line is fast and comfortable. There is a very frequent service and tickets can be bought at the station - no need to book in advance. It is worth paying a little extra for the "green" class. As for hotels,using google there appears to be a wide choice of reasonable hotels close to each venue. The obvious choice in Osaka is RIHGA Royal, though it is quite expensive. The rooms in some of the cheaper hotels can be claustrophobic and watch out for some (not all) of the "love" hotels which rent rooms by the hour.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Kajimoto tweeted this photo yesterday evening:
DiTbZyEUwAE-4cm.jpg
DiTbZyEUwAE-4cm.jpg (337.51 KiB) Viewed 5077 times
DiTbZyEUwAE-4cm.jpg
DiTbZyEUwAE-4cm.jpg (337.51 KiB) Viewed 5077 times
It's an informative photo, so I think I'll post it here, with some rough translation. :roll:

The upcoming Libera Angel Voice Tour 2018 "beyond" in Japan will have 4 concerts as follows:

TOKYO: at Shinjuku Bunka Center Grand Hall
  • October 21 at 5 pm (4 pm door opening)
  • October 22 at 7 pm (6 pm door opening)
<Ticket sale>
  • Kajimoto E+ exclusive prior reception: 12 pm July 20 - 6 pm July 23
  • E+ prior reception: 12 pm July 21 - 6 pm July 23
  • Pia tickets prior reception: 10 am July 21 - 11:59 pm July 28
  • Open for the public: from 10 am July 29

NAGOYA: at Zepp Nagoya
  • October 24 at 7 pm (6 pm door opening)
<Ticket sale>
  • Kajimoto E+ exclusive prior reception: 12 pm July 27 - 6 pm July 30
  • E+ prior reception: 12 pm July 28 - 6 pm July 30
  • Pia tickets prior reception: *to be adjusted* (?)
  • Open for the public: from 10 am August 5

OSAKA: at Osaka International Conference Center
  • October 26 at 7 pm (6 pm door opening)
<Ticket sale> Same as the Tokyo concerts
-----

ABOUT THE TICKETS:
  • For concerts in Tokyo & Osaka: Premium 12000 Yen, reserved 8000 Yen, casual 3000 Yen
  • For the concert in NAGOYA: Premium 12000 Yen, reserved 10000 Yen, casual 5000 Yen
PLAY GUIDE (honestly what is this?)
  • Kajimoto E+, E+, Pia Ticket, Lawson Ticket
  • T Ticket, Rakuten Ticket, Sunday Ticket Center (only for the Nagoya concert)
PREMIUM PRIVILEGE (for the 12000 Yen tickets):
Guaranteed front & centre seat, concert pamphlet, and not for sale goods

Only 100 premium tickets for each concert, and only handled by Kajimoto E+ and E+.

Well, I have absolutely no idea about those ticket offices (like Kajimoto E+, E+, Pia Ticket, etc.) and how one can acquire them (actually I don't even know if my translation is correct, so please tell me in case I'm wrong about something :oops: ). I will do some research today, but if anyone here knows anything, please let me (and other people who are still in the mist) know - thank you very much in advance! :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I agree with kinda_k00l that any info regarding the tickets for Japan would be much appreciated.
Libera's website says that information about the tickets for Japan is "to be advised" (I think they mean "to be announced", but okay) - yet the previously posted message from Kajimoto states that tickets are already available - and in fact certain special tickets (let's call those "premium") have been on sale for a limited time only, unless I am mistaken. I know that some fans have indeed already purchased tickets for this tour.
This seems confusing. Perhaps someone can clarify what is happening?

Or does "to be advised" literally mean what it says - that we need to seek advice from those in the know (in Japan)? :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'll make my first prediction about the set list for this tour. Due to the rather unusual move of "Benedictus Deus" being recorded again so soon (or at least taking the first recording and putting in a new soloist), I predict that it will be on the set list. I suppose I could apply the same logic to "Salve Regina", but I'm not sure about that one.