2018 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

2018 US Summer Tour

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks to fan_de_LoK on twitter who challenged fans to find the mystery venue location for a previously unknown concert date, we now have our first information about a 2018 US summer tour! :D This is very exciting!

I am sure this will be part of a more extensive US tour following the successful tour they had last year in the US!
Jay_S
Silver Member

Re: 2018 US Summer Tour

Post by Jay_S »

Exciting news! I'm very happy to see that Libera will be touring the US again this Summer! The only thing is I'd love it if they performed a bit closer than 900 miles from my home this time! :)
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

That would be nice, yes. I hope that they do not limit themselves to the West Coast and Midwest again, even though they seem to do best there.

Anyway, the first concert date is: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at Christ Cathedral in Garden Grove, California.

Tickets are not yet on sale.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Thank you for that concert date Surpinto!
"with a down derry, derry down down"
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

I hope they will announce the schedule of the whole tour soon. Airfare & accommodations will be cheaper for people who want to go. :roll:
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

My curious mind is wondering if we will get to hear from Isaac, Alessandro, Camden, and Alex et al older members one more time? From a short chat with Isaac last year, he said probably. But what a year unfolds when you are 14-15, can be quick and undeniable.
Garden Grove's Christ Cathedral venue will likely be again in the arboretum as I don't think the remodel of the "crystal cathedral" is yet complete. Looking forward to this 2018 tour.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:39 pm">6 years ago</span> I hope they will announce the schedule of the whole tour soon. Airfare & accommodations will be cheaper for people who want to go. :roll:
I agree! We have now been thoroughly spoiled by the very early announcement of the upcoming Ely concert; though tours outside the UK will understandably have less notice. Of course knowing the tour dates and locations allows fans to plan accordingly. For example, I wouldn't want to book accommodations or flights to California only to find out weeks later that they have an east coast concert.

For comparisons sake, we knew about the 2017 US summer tour in approximately early May and the American affiliate for Libera (Libera of the US) released promotional videos around that time also. We then found out about a few venues in late May and then more venue information, including official tour dates by Libera, trickled in throughout the month June.

At the present we are ahead of last years schedule. :D
Noob

Post by Noob »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:42 pm">6 years ago</span> That would be nice, yes. I hope that they do not limit themselves to the West Coast and Midwest again, even though they seem to do best there.

Anyway, the first concert date is: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at Christ Cathedral in Garden Grove, California.

this is probably just a coincidence, but Christ Cathedral is less than four miles from disneyland. :wink:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Noob wrote: <span title="Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:53 am">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:42 pm">6 years ago</span> That would be nice, yes. I hope that they do not limit themselves to the West Coast and Midwest again, even though they seem to do best there.

this is probably just a coincidence, but Christ Cathedral is less than four miles from disneyland. :wink:
Doubt it's a coincidence :wink: and I'm sure the boys will enjoy that particular outing. Smart organizational move to have a concert there.
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

My curious mind is wondering if we will get to hear from Isaac, Alessandro, Camden, and Alex et al older members one more time? From a short chat with Isaac last year, he said probably. But what a year unfolds when you are 14-15, can be quick and undeniable.
Garden Grove's Christ Cathedral venue will likely be again in the arboretum as I don't think the remodel of the "crystal cathedral" is yet complete. Looking forward to this 2018 tour.
Noob

Post by Noob »

any word yet on other venues?
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

Here is a bit more info via Eimear McGeowyn site.
DEDAD4F0-C2E8-4C31-B48E-686A0FBA9936.png
DEDAD4F0-C2E8-4C31-B48E-686A0FBA9936.png (2.92 MiB) Viewed 6836 times
DEDAD4F0-C2E8-4C31-B48E-686A0FBA9936.png
DEDAD4F0-C2E8-4C31-B48E-686A0FBA9936.png (2.92 MiB) Viewed 6836 times
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Protiusmime wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:20 am">6 years ago</span> Here is a bit more info via Eimear McGeowyn site.
Old news! :wink: This was already posted a few days ago at http://forum.libera-dreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3000

However, to keep this thread on topic, these dates likely correspond with their travel dates rather than with concert dates. If these dates are in fact correct - though with the acknowledgement that they are subject to change - then chances are that their last concert in the United States will be on Friday, August 10. They usually do not dilly dally around at the end of the tour, but seem to go straight home; I base this on past tweets and messages posted on social media. So what about the first concert date? That is more tricky, I would hazard a guess that the first concert would be a few days after arrival due to account for the jet lag of both the children and the adults.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Official confirmation that the tour is being planned has now been provided via the Libera of the US email distribution list. There is a marked note of caution that it is only being planned and that nothing is official until Libera posts dates on their official website.

Here is the text of the email.
Libera US Tour Update - May 2018

Thanks for signing up for our mailing list. Many of you probably signed up then thought to yourself, "Why didn't I ever receive any emails?"

So we thought it was about time to send out something -- anything!

We've received several requests for information about an upcoming tour to the United States. So I'd like to confirm that yes, we are at least planning to tour the US this summer.

That's not a definite "yes" but it's a lot better than "no", right?

There have been a couple rumors floating around about whether there would be a tour, and where the concerts would be. I won't be verifying those rumors here, but I can say that some of them are eerily close to the truth.

We can verify that if this proposed tour happens, that it will be roughly the same time frame as last year: late July to early August.

We cannot verify cities, or venues, because sometimes, even when we think a venue is booked, something happens and we have to change the schedule.

As Libera often says, nothing is final until you see the date posted on the UK site.

Here's hoping that this email was better than nothing.
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

Got SUPER excited when I got that email today!!

Assuming the best things happen, it would be GREAT to see them at Christ Cathedral again. I saw them there last summer and the cathedral was under massive construction, so we were not able to see Libera in a typical "cathedral setting." It was a much smaller, more intimate audience experience where we were on their cathedral campus.

Nonetheless! Here is hoping!!

(And seeing the above comments about Disney Land, that is actually the number one reason my friends and I chose that concert location!! Easy trip planning!!!)