Libera Concert in China (2017)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Libera Concert in China (2017)

Post by dani »

I am wondering if the concerts will be shorter in length to accommodate the fact they are performing every-night?

Let’s not forget some of these boys are 8/9/10 years of age so this schedule would be tiring for adults let alone children.
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

Hello!
I'm very very happy and excited to say that I am going to China for Libera. Whoa-hoo! :D
It's been a year and half since my last Libera concert in Daejeon, Korea.

This morning, as I got approval from my parents, I sat down in front of my macbook and did some search for the venues.

1. 10/24
Wuxi Grand Theatre
无锡大剧院
7:30~9:30pm

wuxi_grand_theatre_02.jpg
Wuxi
wuxi_grand_theatre_02.jpg (207.33 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
Wuxi
Wuxi
wuxi_grand_theatre_02.jpg (207.33 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
This place seems to be literally 'grand'!

2. 10/25
Jinshan Cultural Museum
上海市金山区博物馆

http://www.shjsmuseum.com/

I could only fine the website of this place, which wasn't so useful to me because it would not work with me. I tried to find some stuff about Libera in this website by the keywords that FDL has provided, but they showed none.

3. 10/26
Shanghai Chongming District Theatre
长征影剧院

75434528.jpg
75434528.jpg (143.55 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
75434528.jpg (143.55 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
This is the only photo I could find of it.
I figured that this place is rather known as "Changzheng Theatre". And there is another "Changzheng Theatre" in Chongquing, which is a total different place.

4. 10/27
Shanghai Post and Telecommunications Club Theater
邮电俱乐部影剧院

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 2.20.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 2.20.45 PM.png (3.65 MiB) Viewed 1510 times
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 2.20.45 PM.png (3.65 MiB) Viewed 1510 times
Another theatre, another one which I could only find one photo of it.

5. 10/28
Shanghai Oriental Art Center 上海东方艺术中心

And the last but not least - probably the biggest.
Tickets for this one could be purchased on this page :
http://www.shoac.com.cn/PlayInfo.aspx?playid=16530
But I guess the english version doesn't really work. Getting helps from a chinese friend or a friend who speaks chinese will be the best..

I never knew I can only add 3 attachments, too bad :(

I have put thing all up in korean forum, so you can check out more photos of the venues here :
http://cafe.naver.com/welovelibera?ifra ... cles=false
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:31 am">6 years ago</span> I'm very very happy and excited to say that I am going to China for Libera. Whoa-hoo! :D
I'm really happy for you that you could go for the concerts :D :D . How many of them will you attend? All?
I look very much forward to reading your reviews. :D :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:27 pm">6 years ago</span> [...] this concert schedule will no doubt be a challenging one for the group. I expect that their sound/light crew will be absolutely overwhelmed having to set up at a new venue every single day. :shock: Although everything seems as though it is in relatively close proximity, it's really not; with some venues being over 2 hours away from the city center. If they stay in a central part of Shanghai they will still travel a great distance to some venues and less so to others. So their travel times will depend heavily on where they choose to get accommodations. Nevertheless, several hours each way is no joke if it's happening every day. And it will still be tough to perform that much with no breaks.
I see it exactly alike. What a packed week! :!: As great as I find the idea of a chance of giving so many concerts, now I am worried! Speaking about the boys (and for everyone else it will be stress, too): A very long flight, a large time shift, a concert each day at a different venue so that they must travel and have soundcheck rehearsal every day - when can they rest their voices? When can they rest themselves? When can they have free time for some fun? And all this is pressed between school days: When they return after flight and time shift, they must go to school immediately.

Did they think about all that? I'm nervous, really. :shock: :( It seems like a week only consisting of work, how will they handle that? Three concerts would have been fine and enough, I find ...
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:31 am">6 years ago</span> I'm very very happy and excited to say that I am going to China for Libera. Whoa-hoo! :D
Thank you Emily for information and photos of the venues. It will be so much fun for you! :D
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:29 pm">6 years ago</span> I see it exactly alike. What a packed week! :!: As great as I find the idea of a chance of giving so many concerts, now I am worried! Speaking about the boys (and for everyone else it will be stress, too): A very long flight, a large time shift, a concert each day at a different venue so that they must travel and have soundcheck rehearsal every day - when can they rest their voices? When can they rest themselves? When can they have free time for some fun? And all this is pressed between school days: When they return after flight and time shift, they must go to school immediately.

Did they think about all that? I'm nervous, really. :shock: :( It seems like a week only consisting of work, how will they handle that? Three concerts would have been fine and enough, I find ...
I am sure that they very much did think about that and have probably worked out how to manage the tour so that it is minimally stressful. It is also extremely likely that they have an agent or organization responsible for arranging both their performances and their leisure time; with the particular needs of a group of young people taken into account.

But I still cannot help but think that they are overreaching with such an intense schedule. Obviously, as fans, there is no place for us to question what Libera or any other group does as they have a right to their own agenda. But as a fan I do share some of your disquiet, filiarheni, as it concerns such a schedule.

Be that as it may, I am certain that it will be a fantastic tour for them and will open them up to new fans in China. The cultural experience for the choir members will hopefully be just as enriching. :D
niels

Post by niels »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:29 am">6 years ago</span> I am wondering if the concerts will be shorter in length to accommodate the fact they are performing every-night?

Let’s not forget some of these boys are 8/9/10 years of age so this schedule would be tiring for adults let alone children.

Exactly this, I was al so thinking about this. Isn't this to much fore these young boys :?: R.P will definitely know what is possible or not, but am very curious how the life performances are then. will wait for some nice reviews :D
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Just a couple quick thoughts -

Even thought it's a rather tight schedule for a Libera tour, if they're doing mostly the same set list, they won't really need to 'rehearse' much, if at all. The sound checks are most likely just portions of songs, so that Sam, Steven, and others can get a good feel for the building's acoustics, etc.

Also, keep in mind that even singing a 2-hour concert each evening may sound like a lot, most boarding school cathedral choirs rehearse and sing their boys about the same amount daily, and on a regular basis.

I think as long as they get enough rest and a little outdoor time to relax and run around, they'll be OK. Jet lag for the first concert might be the biggest issue.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:41 am">6 years ago</span> Just a couple quick thoughts -

Even thought it's a rather tight schedule for a Libera tour, if they're doing mostly the same set list, they won't really need to 'rehearse' much, if at all. The sound checks are most likely just portions of songs, so that Sam, Steven, and others can get a good feel for the building's acoustics, etc.

Also, keep in mind that even singing a 2-hour concert each evening may sound like a lot, most boarding school cathedral choirs rehearse and sing their boys about the same amount daily, and on a regular basis.
I'm concerned about the boys, yes. As fans, we have the right to do so, don't we? This is a tiring schedule even for mature ones! :shock: But I think the staff knows what they are doing. If they keep the same setlist as the America tour, it would be not so much a big deal. :|

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:27 pm">6 years ago</span> This is absolutely unprecedented and this concert schedule will no doubt be a challenging one for the group. I expect that their sound/light crew will be absolutely overwhelmed having to set up at a new venue every single day. :shock:
I do worry about the sound & light crews, as well as the length of each concert (for there are only 13 songs for the WuXi concert, as provided by bachmahlerfan in the link). The light crew can cut off some effects to save time, but the sound crew cannot. Also what about a Meet & Greet after that? I don't want to sound pessimistic but that is quite unlikely for such a tight schedule. (Or if the concerts are not so long, there will be M&G?) :?

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:31 am">6 years ago</span> Hello!
I'm very very happy and excited to say that I am going to China for Libera. Whoa-hoo! :D

This morning, as I got approval from my parents, I sat down in front of my macbook and did some search for the venues.
Congratulations! And thank you so much for your the information. 99% I can't go this time, but I'm still doing some calculations and stuff, and your information does help a lot. And I'll also ask for reviews from you!! :P
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:31 am">6 years ago</span> And the last but not least - probably the biggest.
Tickets for this one could be purchased on this page :
http://www.shoac.com.cn/PlayInfo.aspx?playid=16530
But I guess the english version doesn't really work. Getting helps from a chinese friend or a friend who speaks chinese will be the best..
I've checked this one out, it's rather easy to navigate.
(I don't know if you have to register to buy tickets there, but the sign-up [注册] is on the top-right corner.)
When you click on the frame showing the schedule at "选择时间:", ticket prices will appear - from 280 to 880元 ($42.47 to $133.49), not cheap compared to the 13-song concert at WuXi 80 & 180元 ($12.14 & $27.30).
Then select quantity & hit that blue button. But I have to say I don't know Chinese at all, so all of this is just prediction. :mrgreen:

libera-china.png
libera-china.png (173.04 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
libera-china.png
libera-china.png (173.04 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

I don’t think you need to worry too much about the boys’ wellbeing or stamina. As the blogger said: “We are extremely lucky with all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. We actually have the easy job – we roll up, put on our robes and sing.”
For the chaperones and technicians it might be a different story.
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

At 26., 27. and 28. Oktober it would be possible to visit the last three concerts in shanghai. Tomorrow I speak with my Boss, to have a free thursday and friday. I hope it can happen to me!
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

john45 wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:04 am">6 years ago</span> I don’t think you need to worry too much about the boys’ wellbeing or stamina. As the blogger said: “We are extremely lucky with all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. We actually have the easy job – we roll up, put on our robes and sing.”
For the chaperones and technicians it might be a different story.
I agree with you John. I think the boys will be fine. The technicians will have several hours before and after each concert to set up and break down their equipment. Those guys are going to be exhausted! But they're young men and should hold up fine too.
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

ludwig1874 wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 am">6 years ago</span> At 26., 27. and 28. Oktober it would be possible to visit the last three concerts in shanghai. Tomorrow I speak with my Boss, to have a free thursday and friday. I hope it can happen to me!
Best of luck to you! Seeing 3 concerts would be awesome! :D
"with a down derry, derry down down"
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

ludwig1874 wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 am">6 years ago</span> At 26., 27. and 28. Oktober it would be possible to visit the last three concerts in shanghai. Tomorrow I speak with my Boss, to have a free thursday and friday. I hope it can happen to me!
I wish you'll be able to go to all 3 of them. It'll be an unforgettable experience, for sure! 8)
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It's good to know that some contributors on here are going to the concerts, we'll hopefully get some feedback if they are kind enough to share their thoughts on here. The Great Firewall of China is proving tough to break through, I've not found much more on the venues that Emily has above. It's must be one of the hardest tour to organise for international visitors who are thinking of attending the concerts.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez