Libera Concert in China (2017)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Libera Concert in China (2017)

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you for the additional information, FDL. The set list differs from that on the official site for the event and, as you say, looks more legitimate. So I would agree that this is the correct list as filiarheni has also suggested.

You are far more resilient than I am trying to navigate Chinese websites :lol: I always become frustrated, but at least now we have a date, time, and venue. :D

October 28 at 19:30 in the Shanghai Oriental Art Center Concert Hall.

As a side note, my translation in Google Chrome was not working last night and prevented me from any further exploring, so after starting this thread I started trying to fix the computer problem. In my attempt to remediate the issue, and a few others unrelated, I did something that messed up my entire Windows machine.....leading me to have to restore my entire system from my own backups until two in the morning last night :shock: No data was lost and all is better, except my sleep cycle. :lol:

Oh the things we do as Libera fans...... :roll:
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Uuuh, I am so excited, because it is possible for me to visit this concert! Some know, that I am living in shenyang (as a german teacher), now I am looking forward to search a flight to shanghai (2h away)... Please post EVERY Information about this event! Thanks!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

ludwig1874 wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:55 pm">6 years ago</span> Some know, that I am living in shenyang (as a german teacher), now I am looking forward to search a flight to shanghai (2h away)
Seems as if you were heard. :D

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 pm">6 years ago</span> In my attempt to remediate the issue, and a few others unrelated, I did something that messed up my entire Windows machine.....
:lol: I had intended to ask you what was meant by your recently mentioned "fooling around with computers", but now I don't have to ask anymore. :P
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

With the latest news, I'm certainly hopeful that Libera will finally visit China, but until I see an official announcement for a tour, I won't assume anything. I wonder how many concerts they plan on doing besides the Shanghai concert? Nobody has found information about other concerts they may be performing there.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 pm">6 years ago</span> October 28 at 19:30 in the Shanghai Oriental Art Center Concert Hall.
A Concert Hall, that's great! (Not as good as cathedrals, but still - can't ask for more)
Tell me about it! :lol:

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:20 pm">6 years ago</span> I wonder how many concerts they plan on doing besides the Shanghai concert? Nobody has found information about other concerts they may be performing there.
Are Libera members usually on a 'tour' in their term breaks at school (I'm a newbie so I don't know about a lot of things)? If it is only a week or so, it is unlikely they will do more than one or two concerts I guess. :roll:
Maybe they won't do any except for the Shanghai one as well. It is indeed good to hear that they will do more, although I will just feel worse for missing a 'tour' rather than a concert for a festival. 8)
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:39 am">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 pm">6 years ago</span> October 28 at 19:30 in the Shanghai Oriental Art Center Concert Hall.
A Concert Hall, that's great! (Not as good as cathedrals, but still - can't ask for more)
Tell me about it! :lol:

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:20 pm">6 years ago</span> I wonder how many concerts they plan on doing besides the Shanghai concert? Nobody has found information about other concerts they may be performing there.
Are Libera members usually on a 'tour' in their term breaks at school (I'm a newbie so I don't know about a lot of things)? If it is only a week or so, it is unlikely they will do more than one or two concerts I guess. :roll:
Maybe they won't do any except for the Shanghai one as well. It is indeed good to hear that they will do more, although I will just feel worse for missing a 'tour' rather than a concert for a festival. 8)

Yes the boys only do Tours in the school holidays and the October break is only 1 weeks holiday so that will limit what they can do.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The three different visuals know so far, from Chinese sites :

Image      Image      Image

(click to enlarge)
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

This new video from Libera's twitter account has persuaded me that the tour to China is indeed happening.
I mean, why else would they suddenly post a video of one of their members attempting to use chopsticks?https://twitter.com/officiallibera/stat ... 5783566336
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:06 pm">6 years ago</span> This new video from Libera's twitter account has persuaded me that the tour to China is indeed happening.
I mean, why else would they suddenly post a video of one of their members attempting to use chopsticks?https://twitter.com/officiallibera/stat ... 5783566336
The fact that the Chinese websites have announced about Libera coming is also a thing. I'm sure Libera has basically 'agree' to go (the Chinese cannot make that up, can they?), but they are still sorting things out at the moment so nothing has been confirmed yet. If they are not coming, I assume it as something that prevents them from making it, not that they haven't agreed. :D

P/S: those chopsticks Michael was using (or trying to use :P ) in that video have the shape/size/color that are exactly the same as those we have in our household. :roll:
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Five back-to-back concerts just announced today on Libera's events page https://libera.org.uk/events/calendar/

They've never put in that type of schedule before, fingers crossed tickets sell well in the remaining 4-5 weeks
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

That’s a very heavy work load but for people who can make that will be amazing.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, even though they are doing five concerts in five days, they don't have to travel much during that time. Four of the five concerts are in Shanghai, and Wuxi, the location of one of their concerts, is only about 87 miles (140 km) away. I'm hoping that the immense population around the Shanghai area will result in strong attendance for all the concerts.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

This is absolutely unprecedented and this concert schedule will no doubt be a challenging one for the group. I expect that their sound/light crew will be absolutely overwhelmed having to set up at a new venue every single day. :shock: Although everything seems as though it is in relatively close proximity, it's really not; with some venues being over 2 hours away from the city center. If they stay in a central part of Shanghai they will still travel a great distance to some venues and less so to others. So their travel times will depend heavily on where they choose to get accommodations. Nevertheless, several hours each way is no joke if it's happening every day. And it will still be tough to perform that much with no breaks.

Who from Libera Dreams is going to this? :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:27 pm">6 years ago</span> This is absolutely unprecedented and this concert schedule will no doubt be a challenging one for the group. I expect that their sound/light crew will be absolutely overwhelmed having to set up at a new venue every single day. :shock: Although everything seems as though it is in relatively close proximity, it's really not; with some venues being over 2 hours away from the city center. If they stay in a central part of Shanghai they will still travel a great distance to some venues and less so to others. So their travel times will depend heavily on where they choose to get accommodations. Nevertheless, several hours each way is no joke if it's happening every day. And it will still be tough to perform that much with no breaks.

Who from Libera Dreams is going to this? :D
Yeah, that's a good point about the sound/light crew. Being at a different venue each night will be quite a challenge for them. Hopefully the traffic congestion won't cause the group much difficulty, but we'll see. I don't think they will have to travel several hours each way, except perhaps for the concert in Wuxi (although they might be staying at a hotel in Wuxi for that concert). It's interesting that all five concerts start at 7:30 PM.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I've been struggling to find Chinese websites connected to the various performance venues. I was only able to find websites for two venues, the Wuxi Grand Theatre and the Shanghai Oriental Arts Center. I already know that the concert at the Shanghai Oriental Arts Center is connected to the arts festival, but it turns out that their concert in Wuxi is also connected to that festival. I wonder if any of their other concerts are connected to it. If you go to http://www.wxdjy.com.cn/ticket/1183 and click on the little chair, you will see that a good number of tickets have been sold, assuming that the "N/A" seats are sold out.