Libera Concert in China (2017)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Libera Concert in China (2017)

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Private concert... mmm... I wonder who the specially selected invited guests will be for that one. VIP's, dignitaries, influential mover's and shakers? As long as they throw some sponsorship, or other benefits Libera's way then maybe it's one concert the loyal libera fans will be happy to sacrifice. Maybe if they hang around on the night they might even find a side entrance available somewhere :wink: (..or at least listen from the outside)

Good to see your back on twitter behind the great firewall FDL. Hopefully official libera and other fans will also be able to communicate to the rest of the world. I can't imagine the authorities getting to flustered with 'libera' related chat.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Hello,

I always enjoy your comments or "breaking news" !
I admire everyone-how do they get various kinds of information?

It is amazing that Libera is now in China.
From somewhere, I feel like I hear that song "The moon represents my heart".

As many fans of Libera worry about the tour schedule in China,
and I don't want them to feel sick through exhaustion or busy.
It seems like a private concert one day. Is it sponsored by a rich man of China :D
Hopefully Libera gets something good things through that concert.
Example:wonderful donors and large companies’ sponsors.

Please tell me about the state of the concert and the boys.
(Taichi and Alessandro seem to have changed their hair style.
I feel like they grew up again though I met them in the US tour this August!)

Just reading the concert report, I feel like I am in a concert hall!
Everyone, please enjoy the concert up to my part.

Libera Snow
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Please check at Libera's official Tweet! Ciaran is not a boy anymore :P
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes they grow up very quickly, good to see Ciaran back in the ranks, no doubt adding to the fine lower voices on the back row.

Libera posted first pictures on Twitter today
IMG_20171024_081938.jpg
IMG_20171024_081938.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 2251 times
IMG_20171024_081938.jpg
IMG_20171024_081938.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 2251 times
It appears they visited a rose garden park and were shown how to make some local delicacies.

A few pictures from weibo
https://m.weibo.cn/status/4166276542674474

I detect about 30 boys traveling from this photo so those attending the concerts will get the full Libera range
https://m.weibo.cn/u/3740587574?uid=374 ... id=1&pid=9
Larger photo here -https://wx3.sinaimg.cn/large/0064RYu6gy ... 11s18z.jpg

The traveling fans are updating on their social media feeds so be sure to follow them.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Who is the boy between Arthur and Alexandre ? I know I saw him before but I can't remember his name...

Fine group they're travelling with :) This should be great holidays, althought not really resting.

EDIT : It appears it's Oliver WT, here is a pic with the names of the boys, from the french website Liberapassion. There are 30 boys.

Patrick just put a picture of the set list on Twitter.
1. San Damiano
2. Sanctus
3. I'm dreaming of Home
4. From a Distance
5. Stay with me
6. Far away
7. Sacris Solemnis
8. Wonderful World
9. Libera
10. Arirang (!)

11.Majestatis (a new song ?)
12. Joyful
13. Angel
14. Salva Me
15. Amazing Grace
16. Orinoco Flow
17. Wayfaring Stranger
18. Smile
19. Exsultate
20. The Moon Represents my Heart
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

Thank you for sharing Padmachou :)

Here is the updated version, without the typos... :oops: (Oliver WR & Emanuele)

Also according to the info provided by f_d_L, there were 3 new solists tonight:
- Oliver Mycka on Stay With Me
- Ben Bywater on Angel
- Victor Wiggin, who is the mystery voice of The Moon Represents My Heart :)
Last edited by The Furby on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Victor C

Post by Victor C »

Wow! I'm so excited that Ciaran is back!
JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:01 am">6 years ago</span> It appears they visited a rose garden park and were shown how to make some local delicacies.
This is the thing they are making.
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:03 am">6 years ago</span> Fine group they're travelling with :) This should be great holidays, althought not really resting.

EDIT : It appears it's Oliver WT, here is a pic with the names of the boys, from the french website Liberapassion. There are 30 boys.
Thanks for sharing! :D
The Furby wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:11 pm">6 years ago</span> Here is the updated version, without the typos... :oops: (Oliver WR & Emanuele)
Unfortunately Alex M has been labelled as Alex G 😅

I'm both very very happy and a little bit sad. Happy because my dream of having Libera in my home country finally came true, a bit sad because I'm in the UK and can't attend the concerts... 🙁
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Three angels earned their wings at Wuxi tonight.

Victor was not unexpected having been almost certainly positively identified as the new soloist in the MP3 release of “The Moon Represents My Heart”. Sure enough, he performed the final solo perfectly – and that broad smile did no harm.

It was not a huge surprise to see Ben take over the solo role in “Angel”. Along with Leo and Adam he has been one of the principal back-up singers for quite some time. He did a great job. Well done Ben.

The real surprise came from Oliver M who has never worn a mike at previous concerts yet tonight gave one of the best solo performances of “Stay With Me” ever – and I have heard many. Why has he been left out in left field for so long? I cannot wait to hear him again tomorrow.

It’s 2.00 AM here so just a few brief notes : impressive venue – not a full house but a good attendance with many young children. Audience seemed a little reserved compared with others but perhaps that is the Chinese way, though they did show extra appreciation for “Arirang” and “The Moon”.

The concert started with a selection of songs from a local mixed children's choir. They numbered about 70 with perhaps 80% girls. They looked very smart in their blue velvet dresses trimmed with silver. The boys wore matching blue velvet suits. They were very impressive especially when they returned and assembled in the area in front of the stage to accompany the boys for a magnificent finale of “The Moon”.

Speeches were few, not surprising since they were in Mandarin. Alex G and Peter gave a short welcome and Alex G and Victor gave a short thank you and farewell.

In between, other than as noted above, there were no major changes to the usual concert repertoire except that Taichi replaced Camden for the entire “Dreaming of Home” solo part and there was a welcome return of “Far Away” with Gabriel adding it to his extensive solo collection.

Overall an excellent first concert in China. Congratulations to all thirty on stage.
gingerthedog1

Post by gingerthedog1 »

What was said about Oliver's performance does not surprise me. I'm hesitant to share this, as this is speculation. But...

Oliver probably joined the choir sometime around the February, and was touring in August of that year. A half year is much shorter than the usual training time before newbies are integrated into the touring choir, suggesting he probably had either natural ability or previous experience.

From personal observation, over the years he's improved his concentration, musicianship, and vocal technique. Perhaps RP wished to let him develop these aspects before allowing him to solo for the first time. Now, it seems he has developed into an excellent vocalist, in addition to having the talent behind it. I'm glad he was given the opportunity to develop his talent before his first solo.

Thanks for the updates, keep them coming.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

As you know now, on the last song 'The Moon represents my heart' libera was joined by a very large choir of local kids. I counted them to be 90. The combined performances gave an outstanding result :D

The thing I would like to mention is the funny difference of attitude between the two choirs towards Robert.

The libera boys pay attention to Robert.
The Chinese kids eagerly scrutinized Robert.

They were intently starring at him, like it was absolutely essential to not miss a single millisecond of his conduction.
They were all very smilling and obviously very pleased to perform the song :)

The singing went fantastic, the fact they were two choirs was not something audible, they all sung in perfect unison, with of course a totally accurate pronunciation of the Chinese words.

Of course the cherry on the cake was Victor. The libera boys where arranged in two arcs, Victor being located on the outside one, and he was not wearing an individual microphone.
When arrived the time of his last sentence, he quickly move forward, cutting directly through the 1st arc, to reach one of the two small microphone installed on center front stage.
With his incomparable smile he performed his lines brillantly and the whole song was greeted by a thunderous applause and yels off appreciation :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

So much fun reading these reviews this morning. So many totally unexpected changes in the soloists and of course the excitement of their first concert in China. Thank you for the photos and reviews thus far everyone; especially John for your detailed overview.

Victor did the Moon solo?! I would never have guessed that; it is extremely unexpected given his young age and the brief time that he has been with the choir. If at this present time he is already recording solos then the sky moon is the limit for what he has in store for us going forward.
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

Thank you John & f_d_L for the reviews :)
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:42 am">6 years ago</span>Victor did the Moon solo?! I would never have guessed that; it is extremely unexpected given his young age and the brief time that he has been with the choir. If at this present time he is already recording solos then the sky moon is the limit for what he has in store for us going forward.
Reading this I can't help but think about Isaac who was given the ending of Himig Ng Pasko back in 2011, 3 months after he joined the touring group. Let's hope for Victor the same "career" in Libera :)

However the record may be held by Romeo Tesei, who could be heard on the ending of Carol of the Bells in St George's (2016) - only his second concert :)
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Thank you john45 and fan_de_LoK for the reviews and photos.

What can I say? Libera do it again! Superb performances, highest quality, wonderful music.

The biggest surprise for me was Oliver singing a solo! Honestly, I always tried to spot Oliver wearing a personal microphone on any concert photo, but I couldn't. I even started to wonder, if he is in the choir only because of his cute look. Now I'm more than glad that my worries proved wrong.

I hope, we will be able to hear Oliver doing the same solo in London in December.
Last edited by andmar on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Thank you very much for letting us know the details of the concerts.

I guess there are so many girls or women at the concerts in Asia. It’s good.
Totally I wondered same thing about Oliver as John45’s. Plus I have a same imagination as andmar.
I guess he became a member two years ago? Maybe I am wrong.
Singers who became the members at the same year as Oliver did already wore the microphones. I felt bit pity for Oliver,and same time I believe Oliver was strong and patient.
Normally we are depriving myself or losing hope when we are put in such a situation.
Especially children are likely to do so.
Oliver was smiling when I took his picture or asked him usual things after the concerts in USA.
Finally he got a microphone. I am so happy for him and I wish I would listen to his singing. Stay with me is one of my favorite songs, too.

I really hopefully all boys wear the microphones except new members.

I look forward to another concerts’ reports!
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:48 pm">6 years ago</span> I guess he became a member two years ago? Maybe I am wrong.
Olivier joined Libera in 2015. His first tour was Japan in August 2015. Since then he has been a regular member of the touring group but apparently never before was given a personal microphone.

Some more details can be found on the excellent French site:
http://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/t1 ... iver-mycka