Libera Concert in China (2017)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Jay_S
Silver Member

Re: Libera Concert in China (2017)

Post by Jay_S »

Thanks John for the recent update and the image of the program with the boy's signatures. A nice keepsake for you. I must say that you are one lucky man to be able to see Libera as often as you do. I can joyful-ly enjoy the Libera tours through you :D

Kinda_k00l Thank you for giving your impressions of the concerts that you attended. I appreciate your emotional response to the music and performance of Libera. They affect us all in many different ways. I'll be looking forward to your full review when you have a chance to write it. I certainly have no place requesting it ASAP after taking as long as I did to write my review :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Jay_S on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Robolib7

Post by Robolib7 »

I won't upload them here or provide links to them but if you act quickly (before they are probably taken down), someone has uploaded excellent quality videos of the Libera and The Moon Represents My Heart performances from the Shanghai concert on YouTube. Beautifully done!
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

Video is still there! Whoever recorded this missed the opening to the song, but nevertheless a good effort for those of us not able to be present :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks to John, Patrick & Kinda (what's your real name?) for your wonderful reports, pictures & insights.

Seems to me that the first trip to mainland China proved a huge success, despite many of us over the years wondering if it was a market they could crack. Would have been nice if they could have appeared on Chinese TV but I think it is a very positive sign that a company like Volvo sponsored a concert.

Bring on St George's.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Well despite those videos being of better quality than some of other's I have come across, obviously we can't condone this as it directly conflicts Libera's best interests.

This video taken by a fan captures the boys leaving the venue and boarding the coach. Some managed to get lucky at the 6:30 mark.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av15853057/
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Does anyone who was at that concert know if the standard no-filming-allowed announcement was made? I'm wondering if it being a private concert would have affected that. It's one thing to forbid the general public from filming, but it seems like it might be harder to do with private sponsors who are basically paying for the concert.
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Thank you for sharing the video,Chris17!
Just wow!
Libera boys are spirit of service. Chinese fans would have been pleased.
I'm sure that the Chinese concert was also a huge success, and they got more Libera fans there.
Chinese fans said "come to China again","next year"and "every year" :D .I totally understand their feeling.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Thanks for your great post and kind words Ari. It's always nice to read a first-timer's reaction, but believe me, the emotional response is the same even at the ninetieth concert. I look forward to your full review. I'm glad you mentioned the back row who were at full strength and contributed greatly to the success of the concerts especially in "Sacris Solemnis" and "Wayfaring Stranger" in which I too could distinguish Isaac's rich baritone voice. In wine-speak, I guess his mature voice could be likened to a robust full-bodied Burgundy with hints of dark chocolate and wild cherry!
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

I am very sorry for my mistake,JimmyRiddle and Chris17.
Please forgive me.

Thank you for sharing the video,JimmyRiddle!
Just wow!
Libera boys are spirit of service. Chinese fans would have been pleased.
I'm sure that the Chinese concert was also a huge success, and they got more Libera fans there.
Chinese fans said "come to China again","next year"and "every year" :D .I totally understand their feeling.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:31 pm">6 years ago</span> .

This video taken by a fan captures the boys leaving the venue and boarding the coach. Some managed to get lucky at the 6:30 mark.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av15853057/
Do you think that the boys enjoy giving autographs? Hehe Just a little :D
"with a down derry, derry down down"
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Libera Snow wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:49 pm">6 years ago</span> I am very sorry for my mistake,JimmyRiddle and Chris17.
Please forgive me.
No worries, but thanks for the correction! :)
Libera Snow

Post by Libera Snow »

Thinks Chris17.
Libera fans are so kind.
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

chris17 wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:50 pm">6 years ago</span> Does anyone who was at that concert know if the standard no-filming-allowed announcement was made? I'm wondering if it being a private concert would have affected that. It's one thing to forbid the general public from filming, but it seems like it might be harder to do with private sponsors who are basically paying for the concert.
This question concerning the private concert was asked on Twitter and one of the Japanese fans who attended that concert replied that the "no filming or recording of any kind is permitted" announcement was posted outside the auditorium and was announced inside just before the concert started, in Chinese (Mandarin?) and English.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:36 pm">6 years ago</span>
chris17 wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:50 pm">6 years ago</span> Does anyone who was at that concert know if the standard no-filming-allowed announcement was made? I'm wondering if it being a private concert would have affected that. It's one thing to forbid the general public from filming, but it seems like it might be harder to do with private sponsors who are basically paying for the concert.
This question concerning the private concert was asked on Twitter and one of the Japanese fans who attended that concert replied that the "no filming or recording of any kind is permitted" announcement was posted outside the auditorium and was announced inside just before the concert started, in Chinese (Mandarin?) and English.
That's too bad then. I was hoping the videos were "legal" for lack of a better term, but in that case, we can't condone them.