Libera Concert in China (2017)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Jay_S
Silver Member

Re: Libera Concert in China (2017)

Post by Jay_S »

I really appreciate that Libera have stepped up their game as far as photo galleries are concerned. The last 2 tours have produced some really good images for us to enjoy. Thanks for the link Surpinto! :)
"with a down derry, derry down down"
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:16 am">6 years ago</span> I really appreciate that Libera have stepped up their game as far as photo galleries are concerned. The last 2 tours have produced some really good images for us to enjoy. Thanks for the link Surpinto! :)
Agreed... what a contrast to the fledgling days of the old visions website. Only 10 years ago, seems like a lifetime in 'libera' world.

...but what's going on here..

.. a game of 'spin-the-watch'?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:44 am">6 years ago</span> .. a game of 'spin-the-watch'?
:lol:

I suspect they are timing something or other. Who can say? Kids that age get up to all sorts of games and shenanigans.

The photos show how good of a time they had and that, coupled with the concert reviews posted here and elsewhere, solidifies the classification of this tour as a successful one. :D
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:16 am">6 years ago</span> I really appreciate that Libera have stepped up their game as far as photo galleries are concerned. The last 2 tours have produced some really good images for us to enjoy. Thanks for the link Surpinto! :)
Agreed. They have improved so much! Since their gallery for last Korea tour, they increased the amount of the photos too. Started from 92 photos from 8days in Korea(88 after website's update) - now 110 from 7days in China! :D
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:37 am">6 years ago</span> The thing I would like to mention is the funny difference of attitude between the two choirs towards Robert.

The libera boys pay attention to Robert.
The Chinese kids eagerly scrutinized Robert.

They were intently starring at him, like it was absolutely essential to not miss a single millisecond of his conduction.
Remembering Koji last year in London, I can fully relate to your impression. All the other newbies were looking here and there, but Koji couldn't take his eyes off Robert, serious, concentrated, fixated on him.

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:37 am">6 years ago</span> The singing went fantastic, the fact they were two choirs was not something audible, they all sung in perfect unison, with of course a totally accurate pronunciation of the Chinese words.
This is really admirable, two choirs!! :o :D It's much more difficult/dangerous to sing in unison than in several voices; one voice is so exposed!
I think when more than one voice sing, the singers themselves as well as the audience's ear can unconciously correct some unevenness, and the listener's attention is spread over more voices, while, with only one voice, the hearing is concentrated on this one and so notices sounds not being in pitch much better. A correction by the singers is hardly possible without being noticed. Keeping also in mind the different timbres. So: Kudos to two choirs, who hadn't known each other before, singing together perfectly!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

Hi! Sorry I've been away from LDF for so long. I've missed this place.
Whoa it's been almost a month since the China tour :shock: I'm sorry it took me so long to translate this while I'm back to my normal life - and plus it's reaaally long, so... yeap.

Until now I feel dreamy when I think back of the time in china.

I wrote it on my personal blog because I don't know how to attach photos more than 3 here and it's more comfortable for me to write there. I hope you understand!
Here's the link to it : http://blog.naver.com/angdooemily/221146109922
This one is for the 26th, I'm not sure if I'll ever get 27th and 28th's done too... :| I'd love to, tho.

Hope you enjoy! And thank you.
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks for the review Emily, I enjoyed that.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Excellent review, Emily, I had to set aside sufficient time to read that in full. I do not think that I have ever seen their formation being described as a "bottomless-trapezoid" before :lol: but I guess it does have some of those elements, yes. Your description of the lighting is extremely detailed; it may be one of the most detailed reviews about lighting I have read in a very long time if not ever! I did catch one mistake though. "From a Distance" on Hope was sung by Alex Montoro not Merlin.

Still your review is excellently detailed and I am forever amazed that some, like yourself, can recall so much.

Thank you so much for writing this review. Certainly you relived the concert several times over while writing it. :D
Last edited by Surpinto on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:22 pm">6 years ago</span> Thanks for the review Emily, I enjoyed that.
Thank you for saying that Yorkie! I'm glad to hear that.
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:10 am">6 years ago</span> Excellent review, Emily, I had to set aside sufficient time to read that in full...
Thank you Surpinto!
For that part, I really didn't know how to describe it - another proof of how short my english is lol
I'll explain everything in Ely next year...
I turned out to be a huge fan of the stage lights on March 29th 2016, at the very starting moment of my first Libera concert. I literally fell in love with it. That was my first time taking notes of a concert, and my reviews are really long since then. So it's even sadder how not all their live concerts get filmed.
I just got that From A Distance part fixed. Now that I know it I can't understand how I got their voices confused. Thank you for noticing that!!
It did take me a lot of time to write it down. In the korean version, it takes about 1-3 days when I keep writing a certain amount daily. But in english was a little more challenging, and also there were some days I couldn't write a word so it took longer.
I take my notes, and I listen to the song that I'm writing about when I'm writing so I think that really helps too. Tbh things about Libera is one of the few things that I get to recall pretty well. Math, the worst thing.
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:44 am">6 years ago</span> Hi! Sorry I've been away from LDF for so long. I've missed this place.
Whoa it's been almost a month since the China tour :shock: I'm sorry it took me so long to translate this while I'm back to my normal life - and plus it's reaaally long, so... yeap.

Until now I feel dreamy when I think back of the time in china.

I wrote it on my personal blog because I don't know how to attach photos more than 3 here and it's more comfortable for me to write there. I hope you understand!
Here's the link to it : http://blog.naver.com/angdooemily/221146109922
This one is for the 26th, I'm not sure if I'll ever get 27th and 28th's done too... :| I'd love to, tho.

Hope you enjoy! And thank you.
Thank you Emily for your review. Reading it made my evening, as I could feel as almost being there with you.

I have one question. Was it really Rocco who sang the solo for Wayfaring Stranger? It was usually Alex G. who took that part recently.
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

andmar wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:58 am">6 years ago</span> Thank you Emily for your review. Reading it made my evening, as I could feel as almost being there with you.

I have one question. Was it really Rocco who sang the solo for Wayfaring Stranger? It was usually Alex G. who took that part recently.
Thank you Andmar! I'm glad you like it.
Yes, it was Rocco that night. I attended 3 concerts, 26th, 27th and 28th. For 26th Rocco sang the solo and for 27th&28th Alex.G sang the solo. Both of them were great! :D
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

To complete Emily's answer, among the 5 concerts Rocco sang Wayfaring Stranger for the 2nd and 3rd, Alex sang it for the 1st, 4th and 5th.
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:15 pm">6 years ago</span> To complete Emily's answer, among the 5 concerts Rocco sang Wayfaring Stranger for the 2nd and 3rd, Alex sang it for the 1st, 4th and 5th.
Thank you Patrick! I'm glad I only missed two concerts.
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:49 am">6 years ago</span> Yes, it was Rocco that night. I attended 3 concerts, 26th, 27th and 28th. For 26th Rocco sang the solo and for 27th&28th Alex.G sang the solo. Both of them were great! :D
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:15 pm">6 years ago</span> To complete Emily's answer, among the 5 concerts Rocco sang Wayfaring Stranger for the 2nd and 3rd, Alex sang it for the 1st, 4th and 5th.
Thank you Emily and Patrick for the answer. I actually saw a photo from China with Libera's typical V-shaped formation for the Wayfaring Stranger with, I guess, Rocco in front of it. But I was not sure, as the picture was not a high quality one.

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:06 pm">6 years ago</span> I'm glad I only missed two concerts.
:lol: :lol: Oh, I feel sorry for you :wink:. you missed two concerts. :lol: :lol: And you attended three!! It will take me more than a whole year to attend three concerts. :( :(
* I'm joking of course, so please don't get me wrong. I'm happy for you that you could attend three concerts in a row, which will hardly be possible for me unless there is a European tour.*

I'm looking forward to your next reviews to come. :D
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

andmar wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:20 pm">6 years ago</span> Thank you Emily and Patrick for the answer. I actually saw a photo from China with Libera's typical V-shaped formation for the Wayfaring Stranger with, I guess, Rocco in front of it. But I was not sure, as the picture was not a high quality one.
9fa88fcbgy1fkx50mo6t4j20va0ku0xf.jpg
9fa88fcbgy1fkx50mo6t4j20va0ku0xf.jpg (208.45 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
9fa88fcbgy1fkx50mo6t4j20va0ku0xf.jpg
9fa88fcbgy1fkx50mo6t4j20va0ku0xf.jpg (208.45 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
I guess you mean this one?
Yes that's Rocco, but I don't remember that kind of lights for Wayfaring Stranger so that's probably from 25th.

:lol: :lol: Oh, I feel sorry for you :wink:. you missed two concerts. :lol: :lol: And you attended three!! It will take me more than a whole year to attend three concerts. :( :(
* I'm joking of course, so please don't get me wrong. I'm happy for you that you could attend three concerts in a row, which will hardly be possible for me unless there is a European tour.*

I'm looking forward to your next reviews to come. :D
[/quote]

No worries, I understand what you mean. So are you going to St.George next month? :D
It took me a whole year to attend 3concerts too, so to speak, last year in Korea and this year in China. For both I missed 1, 2 concerts and attended 3.
I'll do my best with the next reviews.
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해