Concert at Ely Cathedral in May 2018

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

ForrestB

Re: Concert at Ely Cathedral in May 2018

Post by ForrestB »

Hello everyone, hope all is well. Sorry I haven't been active lately, been really busy with work and getting settled into my new place. I see that more of you will be attending the concert in Ely next year. Right now I’m caught between 2 stools. The Ely concert or go to a music festival in Las Vegas (week after the Ely concert). Most likely I’ll be attending both.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

:D The concert is now announced by Ely Cathedral:

http://www.elycathedral.org/events/libera-in-concert

"Tickets available soon ONLINE at tickets.elycathedral.org or from ELY CATHEDRAL BOX OFFICE 01353 660349 (Mon-Sat 9.30am-4pm)"

They also show some pictures there.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

What in the world does "soon" mean? :shock: I hope that a more definitive ticket sale date and time is given soon :lol: . Thank you for keeping us up to date, filiarheni!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:06 pm">6 years ago</span> What in the world does "soon" mean? :shock: I hope that a more definitive ticket sale date and time is given soon :lol:
"Soon" is the word used to sedate innocent children who do not suspect how shabbily much time that soon can take. :wink:
Remember: For London 2016, Libera announced the ticket sale to start "early in September", and it turned out as 17th September! :o :shock:
Last edited by filiarheni on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:06 pm">6 years ago</span> What in the world does "soon" mean?
This can be very relative.

The 360 degrees videos from the 2016 St.Georges concert were also announced to be coming soon, which has not come till now yet. :lol:
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Well, I've just been having a look at the cost or the train and B&B... Unless I find a job soon I won't be able to attend this venue... It's to expensive for just one concert. :(
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 pm">6 years ago</span> Well, I've just been having a look at the cost or the train and B&B... Unless I find a job soon I won't be able to attend this venue... It's to expensive for just one concert. :(
I am sorry to hear that and I hope that things work out for you. Travel is expensive; even with a full-time job affording travel may not be possible. I understand how frustrating and depressing it is being unemployed in the first place -- and then not being able to engage in an uplifting activity to help pull you out of that funk just makes it worse and compounds the problem? If that is how you feel then I sympathize greatly and hope very much that you find a job and are able to attend.

My advice is buy a ticket and then if you ultimately cannot go then you can sell the ticket or, at worst, give it away. That way the loss of money is minimal but allows for the possibility that your situation may change between now and the concert! You have the album Hope right? Well, now you need to have hope in the real sense.

Please keep us informed.
Last edited by Surpinto on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Oh, that is a pretty nice advice ! :D I might do so. I am sure that if I do find a job before march it will still be possible ! Yes, I need to keep hoping (but not hopping). Thank god, Libera does help a lot when it comes to this !
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Soon sometimes really means soon. :shock: :mrgreen: Libera has announced the Ely ticket sale to start on Wednesday, 17th January, at 10:00.

https://libera.org.uk/news/ely-concert-tickets/

"Please note:

In order to purchase tickets from theBox Office you will need to create an account. This can be done ahead of purchasing tickets. Click here to go to the Box Office Create Account Page

If you have difficulty entering a Phone Number when creating an account you can enter the Box Office Phone Number instead of your own. The box Office phone number is 01353 660349. Please ensure you double check your email address since otherwise the Cathedral will have no way to contact you.

Although the Box Office will be able to sell tickets over the phone, please use the website if you can, and in any case please do not call ahead of 10.00am on Wednesday 17th January."
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Well, I'm trying to create my account... but it's impossible, I don't know why it's telling me "- field il not in the right format" :(
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Last year people had a problem with non UK addresses. I think the way around it is to create an account with a UK address (at least a UK postcode) and when the account is made go in and edit it to your real address.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:31 pm">6 years ago</span> Well, I'm trying to create my account... but it's impossible, I don't know why it's telling me "- field il not in the right format" :(
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:51 pm">6 years ago</span> Last year people had a problem with non UK addresses. I think the way around it is to create an account with a UK address (at least a UK postcode) and when the account is made go in and edit it to your real address.
Yes, that's right. Padmachou, just try this postcode, then it should work: EC1A 1AA
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Yes, it worked ! :D Thank you for helping ! You guys rock !
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I only multiply the information. :lol: Mawi helped with exactly this code example last year at Libera-welt.de, so I know it works for quickest help.
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Row E (actually the third row), happy with that. Could have got a front row seat but just don't trust the Ely Cathedral Website...