London Concert - 1 December 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

niels

Re: London Concert - 1 December 2017

Post by niels »

helllo everyone i have two questions, Maybe you guys have any answers or ideas?

What is a nice hotel or motel to stay but not expensive? ( i don't have a lot of it :oops: )
can i pay with paypall or is it only with mastercard?

I want to try to get some tikets to see them. I saw them in vallendar germany and i realy want to see the chrismas concert.
maby you guys have some tips :)

Al17

Post by Al17 »

Hi niels :)

A lot is already said is this thread !
Read everything and you are a lot wiser :)

I have booked the Days Hotel Waterloo (with cancellation) for one day.
Not very cheap but it was easy for me.
I can pay with everything there.

I have even booked my flight (also with cancellation; probably not easy) maybe to early because I have no (good) ticket yet.
For me this is all brand new, hope I can make it there and maybe see you there :D
-- on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam - Carl Sagan
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Just took a big risk, I booked for the train and hostel, even when I'm not a 100% sure I will be able to come. But now I just have to make sure, and I will have a lot of determination, because if not, I'm loosing a lot of money :roll:
I booked a RestUp Hostel ( 172 New Kent Road) just around the cathedral (less than 20 minutes). I've been here last time, not a great memory, people were particularly noisy, but it's cheap (13 pounds) and it allows cancellation and I just intend to sleep here a few hours.
niels

Post by niels »

Hi Al17,

I mean if i can buy the concert ticket with paypal :P because i don't have a mastercard.
The hotels is (i think) no problem.

I also had the idea for the train for the travel.
Al17

Post by Al17 »

niels wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am">6 years ago</span> I mean if i can buy the concert ticket with paypal :P because i don't have a mastercard.
Ok, good question I don't no.
I have both.
niels wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am">6 years ago</span> I also had the idea for the train for the travel.
Studied the train, looks very cool !
But I don't like the 2 time's change in Antwerpen and Brussels.
Already have problems with the train here :oops:
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:12 am">6 years ago</span> but it's cheap (13 pounds) and it allows cancellation
That's indeed very cheap.
Hope you can make it there.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Al17 wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:29 pm">6 years ago</span>
niels wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am">6 years ago</span> I also had the idea for the train for the travel.
Studied the train, looks very cool !
But I don't like the 2 time's change in Antwerpen and Brussels.
Already have problems with the train here :oops:
I took the train from Rotterdam to London in April, it was fine. There was only one change in Brussels. From the planning it looked like I would have to change in Antwerp as well but that was just how they showed the different stops, in fact you stay on the same train from Rotterdam to Brussels and change there to get on the train to London.
Be aware that there is a security check in Brussels like at the airport, but there was no rush to catch the connecting train. So no problem to try traveling by train if you ask me :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Al17

Post by Al17 »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:13 pm">6 years ago</span> I took the train from Rotterdam to London in April, it was fine. There was only one change in Brussels. From the planning it looked like I would have to change in Antwerp as well but that was just how they showed the different stops, in fact you stay on the same train from Rotterdam to Brussels and change there to get on the train to London.
Be aware that there is a security check in Brussels like at the airport, but there was no rush to catch the connecting train. So no problem to try traveling by train if you ask me :)
Ok, next time I'll give it a chance :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I think a new record for premium seats selling out is about to be made. I couldn't even get any as the website crashed and then all 3 front rows had gone and then any time I picked a new seat it said they seat had already been taken 🙄🙄
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

15:05 and it looks like no Premium Seats are left indeed... Could you get one dani ?

I had one, but I'm a bit worried, I took a student concession : how do they know I really am a student ? Do I just need to have the proof for the D-day ?
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Dani you have a PM.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Wow,

Never have I seen a rush like this for tickets, premium was gone in a couple of minutes.

I managed to get one though, this will be the first concert for several years, so I am happy with the seat I got. :) :) :) :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

That was a bun fight and a half got a premium in H Row left hand side never seen it book that fast had 3 attempts before I got a seat allocated be my 3rd Christmas concert on the run.
niels

Post by niels »

no ticked for me :cry: i had a little hope that i can pay with paypal, but its only with mastercard. maby next year :) never give up
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

niels wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:27 pm">6 years ago</span> no ticked for me :cry: i had a little hope that i can pay with paypal, but its only with mastercard. maby next year :) never give up
Never give up,
Often spare tickets become available, maybe someone reading this may have a ticket ;)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

niels wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:27 pm">6 years ago</span> no ticked for me :cry: i had a little hope that i can pay with paypal, but its only with mastercard. maby next year :) never give up
Wait! You should get a ticket no matter what if you are intent on going. There are extra premium seats floating around that will be on offer between fans as has always been the case. Even if you could not secure the seat that you desired you still ought to get a non-premium seat and attend the event. Do not be put off by this single setback, please! :D