London Concert - 1 December 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

andmar
Silver Member

Re: London Concert - 1 December 2017

Post by andmar »

Libera officially announced, that there will be a signing session after the London Concert. :D

Libera Tweet
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Excellent! I am sure it is very encouraging for the choristers, particularly the newer members, to do these signings and hear positive feedback on their singing; especially given that most of their families will likely be in attendance as well.

Having gone through a signing line on the two occasions I saw them perform I can tell you that the audience members and fans are nothing short of extremely supportive and encouraging to those kids.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Well Done on them for selling out the concert ;)

Having the big tv screens really do help ticket sales on the side isles.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Ok, if there is a signing where can I get the best guide to who's who with mugshots? Need to brush up on my chorister recognition skills!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:11 pm">6 years ago</span> Ok, if there is a signing where can I get the best guide to who's who with mugshots? Need to brush up on my chorister recognition skills!
Yes, you'd better catch up with that. :lol: :lol:
I think here: http://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/t1 ... tobre-2017 you can find all you need.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:11 pm">6 years ago</span> Ok, if there is a signing where can I get the best guide to who's who with mugshots? Need to brush up on my chorister recognition skills!
Your wish is my command! (sorry, this was the best I could do as this photo was the only usable group shot taken in China )
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Thank you Surpinto ! :D You're quite an expert at recognising the boys ! I think I remember everyone... but then, haircuts and lights... it's not always easy when they grow up ! And there will be newbies, that's for sure.
I can't wait, I've been planning my two days in London. I will be visiting Dickens' House, also I will see the Harry Potter Exhibition at the British Library...
I'm so glad they announced a meet&greet, it will be the first time I will see the boys and maybe talk to some of them. What should I get signed ? A program ?
ForrestB

Post by ForrestB »

The St George venue has changed, Westminster Cathedral will be hosting the concert instead. https://libera.org.uk/news/december-con ... -of-venue/
Last edited by ForrestB on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Oh! Libera's just tweeted that they had to change the concert's venue to Westminster Cathedral, 8:00 pm then:

How do they make it with the seats numbers now?
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Haha, crossed! Well, a visit of Westminster Cathedral belonged to my plans for London, so - fine! Something new and all the more exciting. :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I am sorry to those of you who are going as the signing has also been cancelled.

According to Google Maps it is a 10 minute bus ride and a 30 minute walk away from St George's, so hopefully everyone is not too inconvenienced as it is not radically far away.

They say they will honor current tickets and will have additional tickets for sale shortly; undoubtedly because Westminster Cathedral is a larger church. This may open up seats closer to the front if the church is wider and they keep the seating coordinates the same. As of right now Ticketsource has not been updated with the new venue and seat map and so we cannot see how this will happen. But I think that those who are hoping for better seats ought to visit that site and see if they can procure those tickets.
Victor C

Post by Victor C »

Well, to be honest Westminster Cathedral is actually a more convenient location, especially for those of us coming from places north of London, as it's north of the Thames and in a more central area of London, thus having better transport connections as well.

Having been to London many times, Westminster Cathedral is one of the places I've not visited, so still it's something for me to look forward to!

For those who are coming to London for the first time, I feel the Cathedral will probably not be very easy to find. It is tucked away behind the shops on Victoria Street and is near Victoria railway station. Do not confuse it with Westminster Abbey which is opposite the Houses of Parliament and nearer to the Thames. Be sure to check the location on Google Maps!

Shame that the signing got cancelled, but hopefully everything else will go smoothly from now on!
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Shame as staying at Waterloo travel lodge but only a short bus ride from St George's Circus stop 148 is the bus to Victoria get off opposite NatWest bank just a short walk to the cathedral. On the plus side Victoria has a much bigger selection of restaurants and bars feel a pint in the Wetherspoons before hand always good value food and drink.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Their Ticketsource webpage has been updated - 35 general seats are now available, and they are not so far away from the stage. :D
ste1701fan

Post by ste1701fan »

I'm excited about seeing a new venue=)
hope the tickets aren't downgraded due to seating arrangements, but i don't know and i can't tell from pictures if westminster has about the same allocation of seats / pews.
Yea my hotel is on the totally wrong side of london now too, but who cares....tube, bus, uber...whatever!
too bad no signing though...that's the only sad thing about this change i think.