Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by Surpinto »

Great photos, Jay! And what a kind and thoughtful thing the fans did for Ben. :)
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Thanks Jay for these pictures!!

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:49 pm">6 years ago</span> That's all for now. More to come! :D
I feel relieved reading this haha :lol:
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

The final batch of images from the Meet and Greet. I'll post some images that i took of the Cathedral and then after that my concert review :D
Marc A.jpg
Marc A.jpg (415.72 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Marc A.jpg
Marc A.jpg (415.72 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Merlin.jpg
Merlin.jpg (424.96 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Merlin.jpg
Merlin.jpg (424.96 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Tadgh made the most intricate signature on my shirt. He described it as 'the best' lol Funny guy :lol:
Tadgh.jpg
Tadgh.jpg (385.37 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Tadgh.jpg
Tadgh.jpg (385.37 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
The Best.jpg
The Best.jpg (4.62 MiB) Viewed 1194 times
The Best.jpg
The Best.jpg (4.62 MiB) Viewed 1194 times
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Lawrence and Samuel were 2 of the youngest boys on tour. Samuel could hardly sit still at the greeting table. He sure had a lot of energy after the concert in spite of being seen yawning at various points in the concert :D
Lawrence.jpg
Lawrence.jpg (342.44 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
Lawrence.jpg
Lawrence.jpg (342.44 KiB) Viewed 1193 times

Samuel.jpg
Samuel.jpg (342.8 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
Samuel.jpg
Samuel.jpg (342.8 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Taichi was very polite, asked if I liked the concert. Oliver was pretty quiet but he started to speak to me a bit as the line had stopped and I was there in front of him. It took a bit of coaxing but he told me if he had a favorite football team it would be Manchester. Initially he said he really wasn't much of a fan of football. Peter and Leo were having the best time at the M&G! You could see that they had fun being together. This was also visible onstage during the concert as they were next to each other on several occasions.
Taichi.jpg
Taichi.jpg (329.55 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Taichi.jpg
Taichi.jpg (329.55 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Oliver.jpg
Oliver.jpg (368.46 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Oliver.jpg
Oliver.jpg (368.46 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Peter and Leo.jpg
Peter and Leo.jpg (434.56 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Peter and Leo.jpg
Peter and Leo.jpg (434.56 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Nice photos yet again, Jay! Between signing your shirt and the conversations it sounds like you were really able to have a bit of fun with them all the while showing your appreciation for their hard work and effort. The amount of time and dedication that they put in to rehearsing their music, learning their movements, and mastering their individual and group singing techniques is extraordinary; and so it is no surprise at all that people come from all over the country and from around the world to see and hear them sing.
Last edited by Surpinto on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

I think you certainly must have been so much fun talking to them at the M&G and telling them how great they did at the concert, Jay. Libera deserves appreciation for their hard work. And it looked like the boys surely appreciated everyone's appreciation too. It's like the 2-way interaction of appreciations :lol: , and it's awesome.
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Thank you, Jay, nice and funny!

I like Merlin, his likeable smile already struck me at the Vallendar concert, and Sam's smile always knocks me out anyway. :lol:

I get homesick. I need a live concert, soon.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
ForrestB

Post by ForrestB »

I really enjoyed my 1st Libera concert. Been a fan for almost 10 years now and I finally got the privilege to see them live. This trip I took with my best friend was a bday present from my parents and I'm thankful for this wonderful experience. The concert was a totally different type of experience from other concerts I attended, but in a good way. The atmosphere of the venue was very uplifting and joyful to watch. Emotionally it was quite hard me not to cry tears full of joy. I was so happy that they finished off with "America the Beautiful", their version of it is my favorite. Attending their concert was one of the best decisions I have made. I had a wonderful time meeting and talking to some fans. Was lucky enough to have a program autographed and it. Looking forward to attending more concerts in the near future. Sorry if my review is not detailed-oriented as other, really never wrote a review before. 😉
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

ForrestB wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:02 am">6 years ago</span> I really enjoyed my 1st Libera concert. Been a fan for almost 10 years now and I finally got the privilege to see them live. This trip I took with my best friend was a bday present from my parents and I'm thankful for this wonderful experience. The concert was a totally different type of experience from other concerts I attended, but in a good way. The atmosphere of the venue was very uplifting and joyful to watch. Emotionally it was quite hard me not to cry tears full of joy. I was so happy that they finished off with "America the Beautiful", their version of it is my favorite. Attending their concert was one of the best decisions I have made. I had a wonderful time meeting and talking to some fans. Was lucky enough to have a program autographed and it. Looking forward to attending more concerts in the near future. Sorry if my review is not detailed-oriented as other, really never wrote a review before. 😉
Hi ForrestB! Thanks so much for your thoughts. Details aren't required, and I think everyone just looks forward to reading about the experiences of Libera fans. I'm so glad you had the opportunity (and the Meet & Greet also), and with a friend, too!
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

Feels likes an age has passed since my last visit! Took me a long while to read through the pages.
I am definitely so happy to see how Libera has done so well of their concerts, as always, and how everyone enjoyed so much! :D

I cannot help but say I really do wish I was there too. It was such a pity I couldn't make it - on the very last minute - but I'm looking to going to the upcoming Christmas concert. Well, HOPEfully.
Anyway, huge thanks to all who shared and are sharing nice photos and reviews :)

Can I share the photos and reviews on Korean forum? I will leave the footages.
It will mean a lot to many Korean fans here.
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

ForrestB wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:02 am">6 years ago</span> I really enjoyed my 1st Libera concert. Been a fan for almost 10 years now and I finally got the privilege to see them live. This trip I took with my best friend was a bday present from my parents and I'm thankful for this wonderful experience. The concert was a totally different type of experience from other concerts I attended, but in a good way. The atmosphere of the venue was very uplifting and joyful to watch. Emotionally it was quite hard me not to cry tears full of joy. I was so happy that they finished off with "America the Beautiful", their version of it is my favorite. Attending their concert was one of the best decisions I have made. I had a wonderful time meeting and talking to some fans. Was lucky enough to have a program autographed and it. Looking forward to attending more concerts in the near future. Sorry if my review is not detailed-oriented as other, really never wrote a review before. 😉
While some of us (ok, me :lol:) really love the detailed reviews, these more personal commentaries are just as welcome! Your review need only be your own reaction and analysis to what you saw and you have expressed that very well here. All that matters is that you enjoyed the concert and had the opportunity to share that moment here with fellow fans who feel similarly about the group and its music. Thank you for writing what you did, your excitement and happiness are palpable. :D
Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:40 am">6 years ago</span> Feels likes an age has passed since my last visit! Took me a long while to read through the pages.
I am definitely so happy to see how Libera has done so well of their concerts, as always, and how everyone enjoyed so much! :D

I cannot help but say I really do wish I was there too. It was such a pity I couldn't make it - on the very last minute - but I'm looking to going to the upcoming Christmas concert. Well, HOPEfully.
Anyway, huge thanks to all who shared and are sharing nice photos and reviews :)

Can I share the photos and reviews on Korean forum? I will leave the footages.
It will mean a lot to many Korean fans here.
I am sorry you were unable to make it. Please keep us informed as to whether you will make the December concert. I am sure that many fans would be happy to meet you again. And, from a selfish point of view, I would personally be happy to know that a dedicated, longtime fan such as yourself made it to a concert after this recent disappointment.

There is likely no issue with your sharing the reviews written here; in fact, this is a public forum to which anyone can link. As long as you give credit to the author or photographer you have met the requirements of etiquette as far as the majority of people online are concerned.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Coming home from vacation and finding all these posts, what a treat! Thanks to all.
It sure seems like this tour was a big success in terms of positive experiences for the boys and the fans, including new fans from this tour :) I enjoyed reading impressions of first time concerts. It always brings back memories of my own first time seeing them - it goes by so fast and it's unforgettable :)

Thank you LiberaFanICT for your great review and I hope your son finds a choir with a good director who encourages him to enjoy singing.
As for the lighting, it sounds like a magical experience.

Thank you Surpinto for your very personal and detailed review. I love Exsultate and also Merlin's voice so I can totally understand your reaction. You sound so positively surprised and I can just picture you almost dancing and humming your way from the church :)
And yes, great professionalism from him with the microphone issue. I can totally picture him dealing with it in a relaxed manner and even smiling. He seems to just radiate joy on stage, like nothing will upset him. I have seen the same with Camden, who did not flinch when there was a microphone issue in Vallendar.

Thank you john45 and Jay_S for the pictures. I like how Isaac is there in the middle with Alex M and Rocco. He hasn't lost his high-spirited younger self :D As for Peter and Leo, I think you can tell their chemistry in the picture. I also love Gabe's picture, he looks so happy there.

I agree with what's been said about Robert's skills as a team leader and mentor for the boys. He is very modest and stays as much in the background as possible but his work shines through everything we see from the public activities of Libera. Their dedication, their adaptability, the fun shared together. It's good to know there is such a thing as Libera around in the world.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The 1st blog about the USA tour is now online on the official site :)

https://libera.org.uk/blog/libera-in-am ... 17-part-1/