Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by filiarheni »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> This is the first review I have ever written about anything so please be kind
All is fine. No need to be extra-kind. :)

Every time I read somewhere about that announcement and then cancellation of the US Libera concerts, I feel an unpleasant trembling. I can follow you very well when you say that you didn't book your flights before the tour was safely confirmed. Such things can almost make you superstitious ...

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> I couldn't stop smiling for the entire song.
This is something I can relate to so well! You can't help it, sometimes you don't even know about it and then suddenly realise that you've been smiling all the time. I love it, it feels so good!

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> The sound was better than I imagined it could be. I had hoped for it to be good but I was blown away at how clear and well mixed the sound was!
Who could ever get enough of that sound!
Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> Merlin did a fantastic job on From a Distance in spite of his microphone failure which prompted Robert Prizeman to come up on stage and direct him to stand near a floor microphone. I felt a little bad for Merlin who was stooped over to be close enough for the microphone to pick up his voice. He was a good sport and Matthias came over at the end of the song and gave him a nice pat on the back in recognition of his efforts. So good to see the support the boys have for each other
This warmly strikes a chord in me.

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> No doubt at my Next Libera concert I'll be calmer and able to take in more of the music and lights and not be in such awe as I was this first time.
Oh, I do have doubts ... You'll probably be able to pay more attention to other things, but calmer??? Here we would say: What do you dream during the nights? :wink:

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> The last song was Exultate. It hasn't been a favorite of mine but wow did the choir and the instrumentalists nail this one!
It's a live song, isn't it?! It needs the concert atmosphere. I never cared much for it when I listened to the album, but then Vallendar came and I did enjoy it a lot!

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> I mentioned to Isaac that I really enjoyed Stabat Mater on the Hope Cd and he told me it was one of his favorite songs.
Yes, I believe that, because you can hear how fully engaged he sings this song. He really seems to identify with the music. One of his favourite songs - that touches me.

Thank you for your review, Jay, you sure have to plan your next concert.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

The Cathedral Basilica of St Louis has posted some new pictures from the Libera concert. Click the 'Photos' tab on the left side of the page. There are some real nice images there.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/StLouisCath ... e_internal
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:23 am">6 years ago</span> The Cathedral Basilica of St Louis has posted some new pictures from the Libera concert. Click the 'Photos' tab on the left side of the page. There are some real nice images there.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/StLouisCath ... e_internal
Nice! Thank you. The lighting in that venue was fantastic.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Really really nice pictures! The lighting is spectacular & the place looks so magical. :shock:
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Part 5 of the blog, final part:

https://libera.org.uk/blog/libera-in-am ... 17-part-5/

The whole blog seems to have been written by the same boy and it was this boy's first US tour with Libera. Who is it ...
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:46 pm">6 years ago</span> The whole blog seems to have been written by the same boy and it was this boy's first US tour with Libera. Who is it ...
No doubt in my mind, its got to be Gregor.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Thank you, John - you have the overview that I don't have! :)
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Thank you filiarheni for the link to the blog post. Thank you John for uncovering the mystery writer. You must be right about Gregor as he had never been to the US on tour before. :D The picture of the boys eating pizza at the 4Seasons in their plush robes is outstanding!! :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:51 pm">6 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:46 pm">6 years ago</span> The whole blog seems to have been written by the same boy and it was this boy's first US tour with Libera. Who is it ...
No doubt in my mind, its got to be Gregor.
I was leaning that way too but just a feeling, certainly no other information to base that on.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I'm having fun imagining how Gregor threw that piece of melon. :lol: :mrgreen:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:25 pm">6 years ago</span> I'm having fun imagining how Gregor threw that piece of melon. :lol: :mrgreen:
A rather meloncholic image if you ask me.....
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:40 pm">6 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:25 pm">6 years ago</span> I'm having fun imagining how Gregor threw that piece of melon. :lol: :mrgreen:
A rather meloncholic image if you ask me.....
Maybe a Gregorian chant would help. :P
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:46 pm">6 years ago</span> Maybe a Gregorian chant would help. :P
I'll have to take a Stabat stab at finding an appropriate one. :roll:
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Surpinto and filiarheni Where are you having your next gig? I want to come watch! :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:32 pm">6 years ago</span> Surpinto and filiarheni Where are you having your next gig? I want to come watch! :lol:
It's the Surpinto & Filirheni Libera Comedy Hour. We promise excitement, laughter, and pun for the whole family. Come for the giggles, stay (with me) for the Libera. The only thing greater than the laughter you will experience at the show is the cost of admission!