Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

chris17

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by chris17 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:03 pm">6 years ago</span> A new tweet from Libera.

Caption: "Alessandro and Isaac are just collecting their US visas. Not long now!"

I take this tweet to mean that the tour is a go. :D
That's good news. :)
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

chris17 wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:35 pm">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:03 pm">6 years ago</span> A new tweet from Libera.

Caption: "Alessandro and Isaac are just collecting their US visas. Not long now!"

I take this tweet to mean that the tour is a go. :D
That's good news. :)
That's Really good news! I was getting worried :) :)
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

An email sent today from Libera via mass email distribution:
Can you help to support our USA Tour
Can You Help?
As our USA Summer tour draws closer and planning moves into the final stages we are still working hard to reach our funding target and we need to boost our account to pay the bills.

We are very grateful to those of you who have already donated to the tour - many of you with wonderful generosity. If you are still considering supporting Libera's first visit to the US in two years please do so now - it is definitely not too late! We can accept wire deposits into our US bank account (details on request); or via PayPal directly via our US Charity Web site at libera.org

Every penny will help towards the costs of transporting, housing and feeding the boys, and the not inconsiderable expense of putting on the performances.

If you are not able to make a donation please support us by attending a concert, and please encourage your friends, families and associates to buy a ticket and come along too. Please also come prepared with a card or cash to make a purchase from the range of official merchandise that will be on sale at each concert.

Libera and Libera of the US are both non-profit organisations and absolutely every penny contributed to this current appeal will be directly used to fund this tour.

Thank you for what you have given and thank you in advance for what you might give!

LIBERA
US Website - libera.org
UK Website - libera.org.uk
I encourage fans even outside the Unites States to help out. Many of us, myself included, gave what we could to support their trip to Germany and Poland last summer even though we had no hope of personally attending. I hope that they can meet their funding targets!
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Libera definitely deserve our support for WHAT and HOW they do. We all love their music and each concert is an extraordinary event. We all would love to have a Libera concert near the place we live. Though, the costs of a tour are enormous for such a large group and they simply cannot make it without our support.

So, I second Surpinto's encouragement to support them. I have just made a donation myself, not much as I can't afford more, even though I can't come to the USA. I'm sure, if Libera should be on a Europe tour one day (hopefully), many fans from the US will support it too.

I'm sure the US tour will be great and I'm looking very much forward to reading your reviews as well as seeing photos.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I made mine 2 weeks ago.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:02 am">6 years ago</span> I encourage fans even outside the Unites States to help out.
andmar wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:21 am">6 years ago</span> Libera definitely deserve our support for WHAT and HOW they do.
And if someone is a notorious egoist, he could look at it like this and therefore find all the more reason to donate:

Since Libera's music is indispensable food for our souls, we must see to keep Libera able to provide us with it. So that we won't be threatened by suffering a terrible lack of vital nourishment some day.
At last, supporting what they do goes along with our own benefit - so be an egoist and donate!
:wink: :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:42 pm">6 years ago</span> And if someone is a notorious egoist, he could look at it like this and therefore find all the more reason to donate:

Since Libera's music is indispensable food for our souls, we must see to keep Libera able to provide us with it. So that we won't be threatened by suffering a terrible lack of vital nourishment some day.
At last, supporting what they do goes along with our own benefit - so be an egoist and donate!
:wink: :)
You sure have a way with words :lol: :D :wink:
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

The Cathedral In St Louis sent me a post card in the mail. Nice bit of promotion. The card is 5.5 inches wide and 8.5 inches high (14mm x 21mm). It looks to have been thrashed about on it's journey but it will be a nice keepsake. :D http://forum.libera-dreams.com/download ... iew&id=450
Attachments
post-card-StLsfw.jpg
post-card-StLsfw.jpg (512.39 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
post-card-StLsfw.jpg
post-card-StLsfw.jpg (512.39 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Nice! I received the same today. Did everyone in the Unites States who bought tickets receive this postcard? I imagine that this was sent en masse to all ticket buyers from some mailing list whether or not they bought Libera concert tickets.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It was nice that they received sponsorship for the concert in Tulsa which allowed for free admission. Did they have any free concerts in the 2015 or 2011 U.S. tours? I also noticed that in their 2010 tour to the U.S. they had three free concerts (at least according to the poster from that tour). Did they have one really generous sponsor in 2010?
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:48 am">6 years ago</span> It was nice that they received sponsorship for the concert in Tulsa which allowed for free admission. Did they have any free concerts in the 2015 or 2011 U.S. tours? I also noticed that in their 2010 tour to the U.S. they had three free concerts (at least according to the poster from that tour). Did they have one really generous sponsor in 2010?
Good questions! I'm also curious about the free concert in Tulsa. Not that I have a problem with that but why lose a revenue generating event? No doubt there will be merchandise sold, which will help offset their costs. It just seems a shame to not benefit from ticket sales.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:38 am">6 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:48 am">6 years ago</span> It was nice that they received sponsorship for the concert in Tulsa which allowed for free admission. Did they have any free concerts in the 2015 or 2011 U.S. tours? I also noticed that in their 2010 tour to the U.S. they had three free concerts (at least according to the poster from that tour). Did they have one really generous sponsor in 2010?
Good questions! I'm also curious about the free concert in Tulsa. Not that I have a problem with that but why lose a revenue generating event? No doubt there will be merchandise sold, which will help offset their costs. It just seems a shame to not benefit from ticket sales.
Well, if the costs of putting on the concert are covered by the sponsors, I think it's certainly worthwhile considering the merchandise and the money collected from donations. The net gain financially will probably be much better with this concert than any of their ticketed concerts that had low attendance.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:38 am">6 years ago</span> Good questions! I'm also curious about the free concert in Tulsa. Not that I have a problem with that but why lose a revenue generating event? No doubt there will be merchandise sold, which will help offset their costs. It just seems a shame to not benefit from ticket sales.
The Vallendar tickets last year were sold extremely cheap (10 €), and the church had 1.300 seats which is a lot, since in Germany Libera is rather unknown. I'm sure that they tried to attract more audience by keeping the ticket prices low and hoped for some money coming in by the door collects after the concert.

It seems to me that this strategy worked very well: The church was well filled at last - and it didn't look like it until shortly before -, and Libera received a good amount of donations via the mentioned collects, I think.
(This concert, my 1st, caused me to give much more than I intended before and more than at any concert I've ever been to ... So I've got some illusions about the visitors of the US concerts. :D )
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

I heard that Libera has arrived in LA safely today.
For me, I'm staying in Korea safe & sound - and I will be so for weeks and months. :cry:
Me and my friends' plan for joining the Libera US tour has gone to be impossible. It definitely broke my heart as I had to admit it,(we could've even made it to the party :shock: ) but I guess there will be another chance for me.
I wanted to thank everyone who helped me as I was planning out my tour plan, all the informations you shared with me really helped a Lot. Thank you so much for your help and attention.
Though I cannot be there as a person, fans in Korea did a quick little donations together for them, and that made me feel better. :D
I wish all the concert-going people safe travels, and a great time with Libera and other fans!
Many photos and videos will be very much appreciated!! :wink:
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:41 am">6 years ago</span>
The Vallendar tickets last year were sold extremely cheap (10 €), and the church had 1.300 seats which is a lot, since in Germany Libera is rather unknown. I'm sure that they tried to attract more audience by keeping the ticket prices low and hoped for some money coming in by the door collects after the concert.

It seems to me that this strategy worked very well: The church was well filled at last - and it didn't look like it until shortly before -, and Libera received a good amount of donations via the mentioned collects, I think.
(This concert, my 1st, caused me to give much more than I intended before and more than at any concert I've ever been to ... So I've got some illusions about the visitors of the US concerts. :D )
I wondered if the ticket sales from the Vallendar concert went to the nuns (hence such a low price) and in exchange the church provided Libera with food and beds for their stay. The collection money then went to Libera to help offset the cost of their trip to Poland. That's my guess anyway.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love