Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by filiarheni »

Hi Jay, I haven't time to read your full review now and will do it tonight, but I saw your photos of the Basilica and just have to leave a short note how beautiful they are! An absolute pleasure to look at, wow and again: what a cathedral! :D

So now ... well ... Ely Cathedral is worth a photo trip, too. :wink: :!:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Finally, I've been waiting for this review ever since you said you would not write it "now" :lol: and I enjoyed it thoroughly. So, thank you!!
First, I want to say that I can somewhat feel the disappointment when TWO previous concerts that you had intended to go got canceled. So this time I'm also happy for you as well. :roll:

It feels very pleasant to hear that the fans are very nice (especially the ones on this forum, and Surpinto! 8) ). At first, I wanted to go to one of Libera concerts, then people on this forum make me also want to see them too. Such nice experience! :D

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> As the 8 o'clock hour approached and the lights began to dim in the Cathedral I was practically shaking with excitement! There was a buzz in the crowd behind me and the musicians were playing some soft notes as the boys with their hoods covering their heads came onto the stage from the right and left bathed in a mysterious blue light. When they were in place Mr Prizeman held up his baton and the first vocals of San Damiano rang out strong and clear as white spotlights shone upon the Choir. Wow! I had goosebumps and I couldn't stop smiling for the entire song. The sound was better than I imagined it could be. I had hoped for it to be good but I was blown away at how clear and well mixed the sound was!
I literally had goosebumps just reading this part! I was also excited (for something that's already happened when I was not there, this is totally uncommon for me, really!!) I can somehow feel related to your smiling the entire concert, I think I would be doing the same if I ever got a chance seeing them in concerts; and also to your losing track of time, I felt that too just by watching them live in the church services in Tulsa - it was so much of an excitement that it became difficult to be aware of the hours passing by. :|

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> Much credit must be given to the lighting engineers. I felt so many different moods and emotions just from the lighting. There must be a creative mind behind that light display. Is it Luke Avery or Robert Prizeman? That is one thing that unfortunately I was unable to memorize from the concert. How the lights were during certain songs. A concert video would be so nice so we could be able to re-experience the lighting show again.
This is like my ultimate hope right now. I've only seen some pictures about the lighting and everything was gorgeous!! :shock:

Reading about the M&G is also a treat. The fact that Alex M can still hit that B flat is superb enough, I enjoy reading about other members too (how cute that friendship between Peter & Leo). The boys always appear in a funny but very humble way! All in all, thanks again for the review, although you just make me want to see them more badly, which is a pain :lol:

P/S: That cathedral really IS something!! Thanks a lot for the ceiling picture, it worths a thousand words, really.
(By the way, are you missing something? Because the soloist of 'Benedictus Deus' on the Hope CD is Tom DL) :?
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Oh brother! I thought I was mistake free!😣 The song you questioned should have been Stabat Mater. Thank you for pointing it out to me. I will correct this error later today. 😀 This is a good example of why this was my first review ever!🤣🤣
Last edited by Jay_S on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"with a down derry, derry down down"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Jay, thank you so much for your excellent and personal review. I'm happy for you that you could finally enjoy the concert after having to deal with two disappointments. Actually, your experience reminds me so much and in so many details my very first Libera concert in Ely earlier this year.
Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> A special note of thanks to Surpinto who agreed to meet me before the concert. This made my entire experience so much better. I'm sure that I would not have had such an amazing time if not for his help and friendship. Through him I was able to meet and interact with several other fans and members of this forum which was really great because I don't make friends with strangers that easily.
This paragraph applies exactly to me too, though for me "Surpinto" would be replaced with "filiarheni".

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> ... the musicians were playing some soft notes as the boys with their hoods covering their heads came onto the stage from the right and left bathed in a mysterious blue light. When they were in place Mr Prizeman held up his baton and the first vocals of San Damiano rang out strong and clear as white spotlights shone upon the Choir. Wow! I had goosebumps and I couldn't stop smiling for the entire song. The sound was better than I imagined it could be. I had hoped for it to be good but I was blown away at how clear and well mixed the sound was!
Exactly the same.

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> It went by so fast!! Some people told me that this would happen. I was so pumped up and excited about being there that I know I missed a lot of details and nuances of what had just transpired. No doubt at my Next Libera concert I'll be calmer and able to take in more of the music and lights and not be in such awe as I was this first time.
Wow, exactly my experience again!!!

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> ! think this might have been one of the most pleasurable things I have ever done. Everything about the entire experience was better than I expected it would be. .... I definitely will be seeing Libera live in concert again!
YES, The same here. It is stunning, that your experiences mirror actually mine. Is it Libera that does that magic?

Thank you for bringing these good memories back to me. It was such a joy to read your review. And yes, I wish also so much there were some concert videos available.

So, isn't it time for you to plan a trip to the UK? What about December, 1st? Or May 12th 2018? :D :D
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Thank you Jay_S for your review :D You brought me back to my first concert... I relate so much... I realised I don't really remember a lot about by first concert except that it was so amazing and joyful (joyful :P ) and that I barely sat on my chair :lol: . I just had a look about the set list, and I didn't remember half of it !

Now, I'm just looking forward to the december's concert sooo much...
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:23 am">6 years ago</span> Look, what I found yesterday in my mail box :D :D :D :D
It definitely made my evening. :D :D :D
Wow! So glad that someone was kind enough to send that to you.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Great review, Jay. No special thanks is needed though it is of course appreciated. You do not make friends with strangers easily? That's hardly true at all based on what I witnessed; and that's no lie.

But be that as it may, your review is excellent and describes your emotions so well. It was like I re-experienced that concert all over again - from your eyes this time. :D

Your photos are fantastic and I am so glad that your first concert was such a fantastic experience for you. Spending time with you and the others was a highlight for me as well.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:54 pm">6 years ago</span> Finally, I've been waiting for this review ever since you said you would not write it "now" :lol: and I enjoyed it thoroughly. So, thank you!!
First, I want to say that I can somewhat feel the disappointment when TWO previous concerts that you had intended to go got canceled. So this time I'm also happy for you as well. :roll:

It feels very pleasant to hear that the fans are very nice (especially the ones on this forum, and Surpinto! 8) ). At first, I wanted to go to one of Libera concerts, then people on this forum make me also want to see them too. Such nice experience! :D
Thanks for your replies. You will have the time of your life when the opportunity comes for you to see a Libera concert! I'm hoping it will be sooner than later for you! :D
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:52 pm">6 years ago</span> Jay, thank you so much for your excellent and personal review. I'm happy for you that you could finally enjoy the concert after having to deal with two disappointments. Actually, your experience reminds me so much and in so many details my very first Libera concert in Ely earlier this year.
Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> A special note of thanks to Surpinto who agreed to meet me before the concert. This made my entire experience so much better. I'm sure that I would not have had such an amazing time if not for his help and friendship. Through him I was able to meet and interact with several other fans and members of this forum which was really great because I don't make friends with strangers that easily.
This paragraph applies exactly to me too, though for me "Surpinto" would be replaced with "filiarheni".

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> ... the musicians were playing some soft notes as the boys with their hoods covering their heads came onto the stage from the right and left bathed in a mysterious blue light. When they were in place Mr Prizeman held up his baton and the first vocals of San Damiano rang out strong and clear as white spotlights shone upon the Choir. Wow! I had goosebumps and I couldn't stop smiling for the entire song. The sound was better than I imagined it could be. I had hoped for it to be good but I was blown away at how clear and well mixed the sound was!
Exactly the same.

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> It went by so fast!! Some people told me that this would happen. I was so pumped up and excited about being there that I know I missed a lot of details and nuances of what had just transpired. No doubt at my Next Libera concert I'll be calmer and able to take in more of the music and lights and not be in such awe as I was this first time.
Wow, exactly my experience again!!!

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm">6 years ago</span> ! think this might have been one of the most pleasurable things I have ever done. Everything about the entire experience was better than I expected it would be. .... I definitely will be seeing Libera live in concert again!
YES, The same here. It is stunning, that your experiences mirror actually mine. Is it Libera that does that magic?

Thank you for bringing these good memories back to me. It was such a joy to read your review. And yes, I wish also so much there were some concert videos available.
I think we must be brothers from another mother to have had such similar experiences! :lol: It must be the Libera magic, or it could also be that we were lucky to have our guardian Angels (Surpinto and filiarheni) watching over us :D

No plans to see any of the scheduled concerts in the near future. I WILL be at the next concert that i can possibly get to. :)
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:51 pm">6 years ago</span> Thank you Jay_S for your review :D You brought me back to my first concert... I relate so much... I realised I don't really remember a lot about by first concert except that it was so amazing and joyful (joyful :P ) and that I barely sat on my chair :lol: . I just had a look about the set list, and I didn't remember half of it !

Now, I'm just looking forward to the december's concert sooo much...
I know you and I are not alone with how our first concert experiences played out. Thanks for your kind words :D

I too am waiting to hear about the Dec 1 concert. I hope you have a wonderful time there! :D
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:21 pm">6 years ago</span> Great review, Jay. No special thanks is needed though it is of course appreciated. You do not make friends with strangers easily? That's hardly true at all based on what I witnessed; and that's no lie.

But be that as it may, your review is excellent and describes your emotions so well. It was like I re-experienced that concert all over again - from your eyes this time. :D

Your photos are fantastic and I am so glad that your first concert was such a fantastic experience for you. Spending time with you and the others was a highlight for me as well.
Thank you. Your help was instrumental to my Libera experience. It's much easier to fit in when you are with someone who is already 'in'. :D

I'm happy that my review was able to help you re-live the experience. It does the same thing to me when I read it lol :lol:
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:23 am">6 years ago</span> Look, what I found yesterday in my mail box :D :D :D :D
It definitely made my evening. :D :D :D

20170829_172213a.jpg
Somebody is watching from a distance! Nice treat for you :D
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:34 pm">6 years ago</span> Hi Jay, I haven't time to read your full review now and will do it tonight, but I saw your photos of the Basilica and just have to leave a short note how beautiful they are! An absolute pleasure to look at, wow and again: what a cathedral! :D

So now ... well ... Ely Cathedral is worth a photo trip, too. :wink: :!:
Thank you filiarheni! :D I appreciate your comment about the photos. I do enjoy photography and try to make nice images :)

Ely may be in my future someday. Just not the immediate future :mrgreen:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Thank you Jay, it was an enjoyable review - you've set a high bar now :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:22 pm">6 years ago</span> Thank you Jay, it was an enjoyable review - you've set a high bar now :D
Thank you Yorkie! The next review should be more timely and perhaps a bit easier to write :D