Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by Surpinto »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed May 31, 2017 7:40 am">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed May 31, 2017 12:47 am">6 years ago</span> Tickets are on sale now for the St Louis concert. :D

Anyway, I will keep everyone apprised if my ticket arrives with a seat number on it.
I'm happy for you that you get to see Libera live in a concert. :D

I wish I could come too, but I can't.
This all presumes that this tour and concert are both going to happen and that is not a given. They have had no less than two last minute cancellations of particular concerts (Washington 2015 and Philadelphia 2014) on US tours where a particular concert was cancelled but the overall tour was not. Not to mention the entire Fall 2015 tour to the US that was entirely cancelled - although that was a bit different.

I'm going to remain optimistic that this concert will happen; but unlike the cancelled shows mentioned above, there will be serious financial repercussions if the show is cancelled last minute and I have already booked hotels and flights.

I wish you could come too. But at the least you are guaranteed a December show in London. I envy this sort of regularity and predictability. :)
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 am">6 years ago</span> But at the least you are guaranteed a December show in London. I envy this sort of regularity and predictability.
:shock: If they really cancel the concert once again :x , then draw the consequences: Save your money and come over to the UK for the Christmas or the Spring concert! So, despite paying a lot, you won't lose money and you'll win a concert, for sure.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

It has been said before that concert dates and venues are not certain until they are posted on the Libera.org.uk website. Having said that, I have taken a chance and gone ahead and purchased a ticket for the concert in St. Louis. I have not booked a room or flights until I see the other concert dates and venues since it is my intention to attend all of them, if possible. Referring back to @Yorkie, this date appears to be the last in the tour. Looking back at the summer tours in prior years, it seems the dates have always been end of July, first two weeks of August. I expect the dates/venues will go up on the UK website as soon as they return from Japan, which, puts a bit of a crunch on planning. I sure do hope they don't cancel anything, had tickets for the last tour scheduled for here that was cancelled, talk about being bummed out. :cry:
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

Greetings and Top of the Afternoon (CA time):
I am, as you are, just waiting on any news as to venues and dates. It is getting to be late for June/July dates for those who have to book arrangements. I wonder if the level of confidence among Libera planners as to audience attendance is such that they are not concerned with early notice? I know they won't announce speculation, but wise planning in advance takes into account the time necessary in approaching and settling up with the venues - and do so in time to gain the greatest attendance for their own (and our) benefits. "I'm just singing in the rain -- just singing in the rain, what a glorious feeling, I'm happy again..."
Oops - I slipped up with a little future confidence. Now, back to waiting.
TimS_TheToolman

Uh-oh. Just read an article on Reuters, "Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting." Additional questions have been added to the visa application. One item is requesting all social media handles, email addresses and so on as far back as 15 years. Hope this doesn't through a monkey wrench in the application process for Libera. :shock:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

What could possibly go wrong? Most of the kids don't even go back more than 12 years.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:02 am">6 years ago</span> Uh-oh. Just read an article on Reuters, "Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting." Additional questions have been added to the visa application. One item is requesting all social media handles, email addresses and so on as far back as 15 years. Hope this doesn't through a monkey wrench in the application process for Libera. :shock:
From the article:
Officials will request the additional information when they determine "that such information is required to confirm identity or conduct more rigorous national security vetting," a State Department official said on Wednesday.

The State Department said earlier the tighter vetting would apply to visa applicants "who have been determined to warrant additional scrutiny in connection with terrorism or other national security-related visa ineligibilities."
Having read that I highly highly doubt that Libera members, or their chaperones, will be subject to such enhanced scrutiny. So there is no cause for alarm for a US tour.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I found another date for a Libera concert this summer in Los Angeles on Friday, July 28th. Here's the link:
https://christ-cathedral-concerts.ticke ... ra/details
I guess you could call it the church formerly known as the Crystal Cathedral, but is now the cathedral for the diocese of Orange, CA. The only part that puzzles me is that the concert location is the Christ Cathedral Arboretum, which is a separate building from the main cathedral.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

So this tour is really shaping up! This definitively answers our previous conversation with Yorkie in which he expressed his belief that the St Louis concert would occur at the end of the tour. His suspicion looks to be proven correct.

As of right now we have:

Los Angeles on Friday, July 28
St Louis on Wednesday, August 9

I think it's a safe bet that there will be another concert between those two dates.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:42 am">6 years ago</span> So this tour is really shaping up! This definitively answers our previous conversation with Yorkie in which he expressed his belief that the St Louis concert would occur at the end of the tour. His suspicion looks to be proven correct.

As of right now we have:

Los Angeles on Friday, July 28
St Louis on Wednesday, August 9

I think it's a safe bet that there will be another concert between those two dates.
I would like to believe that they will journey a little farther up the Mississippi than St. Louis before ending their tour (there are a couple of nicer, safer cities up there).
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

Still trying not to get my hopes up. I live in Los Angeles, and would desperately like to see Libera. Haven't seen them since the last time they came to California, about 100 years ago!

The last concert trip they cancelled in 2015 was devastating for me. So I'll wait and see.

...But I got a front row ticket, just to be safe, lol...
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

katyafan wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:41 am">6 years ago</span> would desperately like to see Libera. Haven't seen them since the last time they came to California, about 100 years ago!

The last concert trip they cancelled in 2015 was devastating for me.
I can understand your disappointment and now hope, but also fear so well! I wish that this time everything will go the best way and you'll see them - fingers crossed and crossed and crossed for all of you. :!:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

Well, I'm in for the run at it. Bought 2 front row and if it happens then we all will be blessed with a fine performance. If not, then I'll turn it into a work related drive on down to San Diego - La Jolla area.
https://christ-cathedral-concerts.ticke ... om/libera/
TimS_TheToolman

Taking another chance and purchased a front row ticket for LA concert. If it doesn't work out I can always go to Disneyland. :lol:
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:02 am">6 years ago</span>
katyafan wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:41 am">6 years ago</span> would desperately like to see Libera. Haven't seen them since the last time they came to California, about 100 years ago!

The last concert trip they cancelled in 2015 was devastating for me.
I can understand your disappointment and now hope, but also fear so well! I wish that this time everything will go the best way and you'll see them - fingers crossed and crossed and crossed for all of you. :!:
Thank you very much!