IMG_1122.PNG
IMG_1122.PNG (1.3 MiB) Viewed 1311 times
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It's not an email, it's on the concerts site from tge catedral:
http://www.cathedralconcerts.org/events/libera

Not sure the sale is already open though, nothing goes into the cart.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The cathedral also posted on their Facebook a couple of announces for the libera concert:
https://m.facebook.com/StLouisCathedralConcerts/
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you for the update. I did not think we would have knowledge of a venue quite so soon after learning about this tour. I may just be able to make this one but I am not entirely certain yet.

The big question to me is where in the concert sequence this one will be. The beginning of the tour? The end? The middle? That would tell us quite a lot about the other dates. I'm certainly not about to spend several hundred dollars on a flight and accommodations to St Louis until, at minimum, I have tickets in hand - and they are not yet on sale. The other concert dates may be more appealing but if this tour is in fact limited to Houston, Los Angeles, and St Louis, this may be the best option in terms of cost for me.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 2:07 pm">6 years ago</span> Thank you for the update. I did not think we would have knowledge of a venue quite so soon after learning about this tour. I may just be able to make this one but I am not entirely certain yet.

The big question to me is where in the concert sequence this one will be. The beginning of the tour? The end? The middle? That would tell us quite a lot about the other dates. I'm certainly not about to spend several hundred dollars on a flight and accommodations to St Louis until, at minimum, I have tickets in hand - and they are not yet on sale. The other concert dates may be more appealing but if this tour is in fact limited to Houston, Los Angeles, and St Louis, this may be the best option in terms of cost for me.
Given the date, I would place this towards the end of the tour. The UK schools will generally break up around Friday 21st July so this concert is in the third week of the school holiday and that is generally when the Libera summer concerts take place (last week of July first two weeks of August) That gives the boys a chance to spend time with their family in the second half of the six week break before school starts again first Monday in September.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

Is Cathedralconcerts.org the only online location to get concert dates and purchase tickets?
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

It appears that Libera.org.uk is the last to announce venues, concerts, and announcements. Is there any place that publishes announcements early on, in time to have a chance at purchasing tickets other than back rows seating?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Protiusmime wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 7:52 pm">6 years ago</span> It appears that Libera.org.uk is the last to announce venues, concerts, and announcements. Is there any place that publishes announcements early on, in time to have a chance at purchasing tickets other than back rows seating?
The probability is that it will be posted here within minutes of the news breaking :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 5:23 pm">6 years ago</span> Given the date, I would place this towards the end of the tour. The UK schools will generally break up around Friday 21st July so this concert is in the third week of the school holiday and that is generally when the Libera summer concerts take place (last week of July first two weeks of August) That gives the boys a chance to spend time with their family in the second half of the six week break before school starts again first Monday in September.
That makes perfect sense. I was thinking more about the day of the week as well as I am sure they want to have as many Thursday, Friday, or Saturday concerts as possible; though not all three in a given week. They also seem to be involved in a Church service or two (on Sunday I would presume) whenever they come to the United States. So a Wednesday concert seemed likely to be the end or the beginning of the tour depending upon their plans. That date being the end seems very plausible to me. Let's see what happens. Either way, I am buying tickets as soon as they are on sale.
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

Thank you, Yorkie. Appreciated. I can not make the Aug 9th St Louis concert. Hoping for either Houston or L.A. Dates will be the determining factor. Personally, I was hoping for the tour to begin after August 15. In that case, I coukd make it to wherever they are in the USA.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2017 9:46 pm">6 years ago</span> Either way, I am buying tickets as soon as they are on sale.
:!: Sounds like a plan! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Tickets are on sale now for the St Louis concert. :D

http://www.cathedralconcerts.org/events/libera/

Important note: I do not get the impression that the tickets are for a reserved seat. There is no indication whatsoever that I have received a seat assignment after completing the process. Instead, I have received a section assignment based on what I was willing to pay.

When buying tickets seats are sold and priced by section as follows:

Section 1 - $42
Section 2 - $29
Section 3 - $19

Here is the seating map:

The lack of reserved seating is understandable as the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis is organized by pews which makes assigned seating difficult in such a large space. I believe that seats were sold in a similar way when they were there last? Is that true?

Anyway, I will keep everyone apprised if my ticket arrives with a seat number on it.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'm still holding out hope that they may come to the Twin Cities, but I doubt it will happen. If they can come to the St. Louis Cathedral for a third time, why not the St. Paul Cathedral for a second time? If they want an air conditioned church, I would suggest Wooddale Church in Eden Prairie. It's a great venue for concerts with excellent acoustics, great sight lines, and a 2000 seat capacity. It doesn't have the reverb and delay of the St. Paul Cathedral, but that's actually a good thing for some of Libera's songs. Also, don't forget about our 11,842 lakes over 10 acres in size. End of Rant
Protiusmime

Post by Protiusmime »

If they choose Las Angeles, what would be the most likely venue to stage the concert? I am not familiar with their past choice in L.A.concerts.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed May 31, 2017 12:47 am">6 years ago</span> Tickets are on sale now for the St Louis concert. :D

Anyway, I will keep everyone apprised if my ticket arrives with a seat number on it.
I'm happy for you that you get to see Libera live in a concert. :D

I wish I could come too, but I can't.