Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

tom413
Gold Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by tom413 »

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:13 pm">6 years ago</span> Also, we would like to go around the concerts as many as possible. Could you recommend us which transportation will be the best? Are some people going to group up and move together?
The way the tour is shaping up I think flying between LA and Houston would be best.
If you were starting in Houston, then perhaps ground transportation (rental car, bus or train) would be better as these locations
aren't horrible to drive to. One other problem you will run into with the rental car is that it will likely be very expensive to return it in a different place
from where you rented it.

As Surpinto mentioned, the best recommendation depends on what your group's goals would be; saving money or travelling more comfortably.
gingerthedog1

Post by gingerthedog1 »

For all experienced concertgoers, how early would you recommend I get to the venue to start queuing? I plan to go to the Westlake concert, which has only one general admission price. Would arriving 2 hours before the concert be enough time?
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

Hi Emily,

If you haven't checked, Tulsa, OK has been added to the tour.

You've probably read the replies from Tom413 and Surpinto by now, all things to consider in you planning. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do for travel as well. I live 2450 miles from L.A. and driving would be a 35 hour ordeal, about 3.5 days. The recommendations are to fly from CA to Houston, TX. To drive is 23+ hours. Drive times between the other concerts are more manageable. Houston, TX to Tulsa, OK -- 7.5 hours. Tulsa, OK to St. Louis, MO -- 6 hours. These are approximate times taken from Google Maps. Would really like to drive my own vehicle but from home to CA to TX. Long, long, long drives.

As Surpinto said, you can drive these if you are looking for an adventure (which is one reason I want to drive). It is also the best way to "see" America. To expand on his other point. This part of the country in the summer is very hot. Temperatures in the 3 digit F range are common. So, in that respect, do your homework.

I'll try to keep you up to date on my decisions.
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:48 am">6 years ago</span> Hi Emily! :D Good to see you here! Sorry for not greeting you sooner but I have been extremely busy.

My personal opinion is that unless you want a long (20+ hours :shock: for Houston and another 12+ for Saint Louis) road trip in the middle of an American summer, I would not suggest it. A plane would be far more efficient. However, if you want an adventure, then driving would be a fun adventure to have. :D
Hello Surpinto! :D Thank you for welcoming me here, I'm glad to be part of this warm community.
Sorry for a late reply to, I also have been running around busy lately.
And thank you for your advice, I actually can't really imagine what would it be like to travel around a continent where has many different timezone, since the longest traveling hour from the end of S.Korea to the opposite is only about 8hrs. :lol:
We'll consider on it. Thank you!
tom413 wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:37 pm">6 years ago</span> The way the tour is shaping up I think flying between LA and Houston would be best.
If you were starting in Houston, then perhaps ground transportation (rental car, bus or train) would be better as these locations
aren't horrible to drive to.

As Surpinto mentioned, the best recommendation depends on what your group's goals would be; saving money or travelling more comfortably.
TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:16 am">6 years ago</span> Hi Emily,

You've probably read the replies from Tom413 and Surpinto by now, all things to consider in you planning. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do for travel as well. I live 2450 miles from L.A. and driving would be a 35 hour ordeal, about 3.5 days. The recommendations are to fly from CA to Houston, TX. To drive is 23+ hours. Drive times between the other concerts are more manageable. Houston, TX to Tulsa, OK -- 7.5 hours. Tulsa, OK to St. Louis, MO -- 6 hours. These are approximate times taken from Google Maps. Would really like to drive my own vehicle but from home to CA to TX. Long, long, long drives.

As Surpinto said, you can drive these if you are looking for an adventure (which is one reason I want to drive). It is also the best way to "see" America. To expand on his other point. This part of the country in the summer is very hot. Temperatures in the 3 digit F range are common. So, in that respect, do your homework.

I'll try to keep you up to date on my decisions.
Thank you too Tom and Tim, reading through them all it now I'm sure it will be the best to fly to TX from LA. TX to OX and OX to MO we're not sure yet, if the situation for our flight to the US gets solved we can take another flight; but in the same time we'd love to have an adventure. That really sounds like a once in a life time thing to me :D

Okay please do keep me up to date on your decisions Tim!

And actually, one more thing,
I didn't book my tickets for the concerts because still my flight situation isn't fixed, did many tickets already been sold? I'm getting pretty anxious for my seats :roll:

I strongly HOPE to see you all in US.
Last edited by Emily_kr on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimS_TheToolman

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:29 pm">6 years ago</span> I didn't book my tickets for the concerts because still my flight situation isn't fixed, did many tickets already been sold? I'm getting pretty anxious for my seats :roll:
Unfortunately, there is no way to see how many tickets have been sold at each venue. Christ Cathedral in Garden Grove, CA is the only one with preferred or special front seating, which is a rather large section with no seat assignments shown on the ticket website. I am waiting for my ticket in the mail to see if it has a seat number.

If I'm not mistaken, all the other venues are general seating, which I guess you could say is first in get the better seats. The concert in Tulsa, OK has no ticket sales. They are taking donations at the door.

Tulsa, OK, US
Date: 6th August 2017 6:00 pm
Venue: Asbury United Methodist Church
Price: General Admission - Donations at the door
Phone: (918) 392-1107
Emily_kr

Post by Emily_kr »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:28 pm">6 years ago</span> Unfortunately, there is no way to see how many tickets have been sold at each venue. Christ Cathedral in Garden Grove, CA is the only one with preferred or special front seating, which is a rather large section with no seat assignments shown on the ticket website. I am waiting for my ticket in the mail to see if it has a seat number.

If I'm not mistaken, all the other venues are general seating, which I guess you could say is first in get the better seats. The concert in Tulsa, OK has no ticket sales. They are taking donations at the door.
I see. So with the other venues, you get your tickets by mail?
I guess I should arrive to the venue super early for Tulsa, OK.
Thank you Tim :D
Last edited by Emily_kr on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:28 pm">6 years ago</span> Christ Cathedral in Garden Grove, CA is the only one with preferred or special front seating, which is a rather large section with no seat assignments shown on the ticket website. I am waiting for my ticket in the mail to see if it has a seat number.
No seat number on my "print at home" ticket for "special front seating".
TimS_TheToolman

Emily_kr wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:14 pm">6 years ago</span> I see. So with the other venues, you get your tickets by mail?
I guess I should arrive to the venue super early for Tulsa, OK.
Thank you Tim :D
No, the St. Louis venue is the only one that offered the option of print at home or receive your ticket through the mail. All the other venue tickets are printed at home only. Thinking in hind sight, I should have printed this ticket instead of request one in the mail. I don't know when I'll be receiving it.
john45 wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:34 pm">6 years ago</span> No seat number on my "print at home" ticket for "special front seating".
Thanks John, that answers that question.
TimS_TheToolman

On 19 June, Libera posted a news article concerning the USA tour. For anyone who hasn't seen it, here is the link.

https://libera.org.uk/news/libera-usa-tour/
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

My Saint Louis concert ticket arrived today. And while this increases my excitement for the concert tremendously, it came with a receipt and a note that confirmed that this show is, as we all were aware, open seating by section. So no reserved, numbered seats.

But here is what may be of interest. In the note they also inform you that the doors will open an hour prior to the performance. This suggests that the Cathedral may bar entry prior to that point. Many fans like to arrive early, take in the Cathedral, take photos, etc and this note seems to indicate that this may not be possible this time around. Of course I could be wrong, but this is how I interpret the situation.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I received my ticket yesterday. Based on how things were done the two previous times Libera appeared at the Cathedral, it is likely that the Cathedral will be open until mid afternoon of concert day. After that the Cathedral will be closed to the general public and eventually anyone gathered in the vestibule will be shooed out of the lobby as well. When the vestibule is closed off the queuing at the front door will likely begin in earnest.
TimS_TheToolman

USA Concerts

andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:09 pm">6 years ago</span> My Saint Louis concert ticket arrived today. And while this increases my excitement for the concert tremendously...
I'm so happy for you that you will attend a Libera concert soon :D . I can remember my excitement three months ago - in the middle of March. With tickets, flight and accommodation arrangements done I couldn't wait till the Ely concert. I'm sure, you will have a wonderful time. :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

andmar wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:54 pm">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:09 pm">6 years ago</span> My Saint Louis concert ticket arrived today. And while this increases my excitement for the concert tremendously...
I'm so happy for you that you will attend a Libera concert soon :D . I can remember my excitement three months ago - in the middle of March. With tickets, flight and accommodation arrangements done I couldn't wait till the Ely concert. I'm sure, you will have a wonderful time. :D
Thank you! I am very excited that I will get to see them in just over a month :D as well as finally meet some of the nice people I have been interacting with here for several years now. I am sure it will be a fantastic experience as I have never been to Saint Louis before and already have several museum/sight-seeing plans.
tom413 wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:33 am">6 years ago</span> I received my ticket yesterday. Based on how things were done the two previous times Libera appeared at the Cathedral, it is likely that the Cathedral will be open until mid afternoon of concert day. After that the Cathedral will be closed to the general public and eventually anyone gathered in the vestibule will be shooed out of the lobby as well. When the vestibule is closed off the queuing at the front door will likely begin in earnest.
Thanks for the information. I will have to consider when the best time to arrive would be. It could be very hot that day and waiting in line in that sort of heat is not exactly my idea of fun. But I am not worried about it at the moment, I'll figure it out that day.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I noticed that the Houston based Fort Bend Boys Choir promoted the upcoming Libera concert in Houston on their social media accounts. They are considered one of the largest boys choir organizations in the country, so they may help attract some extra concertgoers. It's funny how some groups will eagerly promote a Libera concert, while others will act like they don't even exist.