Ely Cathedral 29th April 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

john45
Gold Member

Re: Ely Cathedral 29th April 2017

Post by john45 »

Star Radio (Cambridge) has now added Libera's Ely concert to their "What's On" guide. Still over 300 tickets to be sold. Why not call the radio station at 01223321107 or email them at studio@starradioonline.com and request them to play some Libera tracks.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I see tonight on the Ely's Cathedral site that the seats from row BB to row ZZ are now blocked from booking.

This reduces the original total capacity of 744 seats to 408.
339 seats are currently sold, which represents 83% of the new capacity.
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

BB to HH are showing as available again now :), so 98 seats added compared with yesterdays slimmed down capacity.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks Theforestdweller :)

The capacity is now 506 and 349 seats are currently sold (69%)
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I am in Cambridge - very. beautiful town, by the way - and sadly, I have to complain that among many, many announcements for plenty of everything, there is not one single announcement for our Libera concert in Ely, and Ely Cathedral events are announced here! Plus, there are 4 other concerts taking place in Cambridge on the very 29th April, also choir.
So who wonders about the disappointing sale of tickets? Me not anymore. :cry:

I wish I lived in England and could do it for them. It would have been so easy to place some posters here in Cambridge.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
thom03

Post by thom03 »

Hey there, I unfortunately can't make it to the concert as I forgot to buy plane tickets which are now awfully expensive. :(

Which means I have two really great tickets if anyone wants to buy them from me. It's for row C, seat 10 & 11. They-re e-tickets so I can just e-mail them to you if you can show me some proof of payment.

Sorry for just posting this here, I know this is a new account and it does not seem the most trustworthy. But it would be a shame for the tickets to go to waste. I actually sold one of my tickets (for st. george's) to an other user here before but can't remember the username so I had to make a new account.

Send me a message if you're interested, and enjoy the concert all! Really sad I can't come.
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

Off topic... Guys I need an advice.
I have just received an email from the owner of the house I am renting room in, saying that he is not going to be home for the weekend and that he will leave the key under a brick somewhere in the back of the house for me so I can enter and on leaving the next day he wants me to just drop it in his letter box...
This just doesn't seem right to me. I am thinking of just asking for refund and look for something else. What do you think?
Sorry about not related post but I really need someone else's opinion on the matter.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

danny-bulgaria wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:47 pm">7 years ago</span> Off topic... Guys I need an advice.
I have just received an email from the owner of the house I am renting room in, saying that he is not going to be home for the weekend and that he will leave the key under a brick somewhere in the back of the house for me so I can enter and on leaving the next day he wants me to just drop it in his letter box...
This just doesn't seem right to me. I am thinking of just asking for refund and look for something else. What do you think?
Sorry about not related post but I really need someone else's opinion on the matter.
It seems odd but perhaps his private accommodation is completely seperate from the rented part, in which case it would work. I have stayed in B&Bs where you got a key and come and go as you please. Did you check reviews on Tripadvisor? If they are good then it is probably all above board. This part of England is a long way away from the lack of trust you find in big cities.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:06 pm">7 years ago</span> It seems odd but perhaps his private accommodation is completely seperate from the rented part, in which case it would work. I have stayed in B&Bs where you got a key and come and go as you please. Did you check reviews on Tripadvisor? If they are good then it is probably all above board. This part of England is a long way away from the lack of trust you find in big cities.
I did check the reviews, all of them good, and about the room I'm renting, it says its a "second bedroom in the end of a terrace" (not sure what that means).
He also states that this is the key for the main door. I mean... seriously, who gives a key for their home to a complete stranger like that?
My concern is that this looks pretty much like a horror movie plot (lol).
thom03

Post by thom03 »

I have had that before at a B&B/hotel. It's probably separate or just a key to enter the hall where some doors are locked. Wouldn't worry about it (and don't think any other hotel is available).

PS fan_de_LoK, you sent me a message but I can't reply with my new account. Can you send me your e-mail address?
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Isn't that essentially what "air BnB" is?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So we got to watch the rehearsal which was not a full one due to the choir needing to rehearse for evensong

Songs we heard were

San Damiano
From a distance
Smile
Angele dei
Sanctus
Joyful joyful
Dies Irae
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

While we, the homebound, await the thoughts of those who were at the concert, here are tonight's songs
courtesy of Dani and Patrick's tweets:

San Damiano
Sanctus
I'm Dreaming of Home
From a Distance
Angele Dei
Far Away
Sacris Solemnis
Wonderful World
Libera

INTERMISSION

Dies Irae
Joyful Joyful
Angel
Salva Me
Amazing Grace
Sempiterna
Wayfaring Stranger
Smile
Exultate
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

A really enjoyable concert tonight and a lot of changes.

34 boys on stage and the average age has dropped.

Alex M's voice has changed so Gabe and Rocco had more solo's.

Rocco sung Angele Dei which alex sung at St G's In December.

Merlin sung from a distance which Alex M sings on the new album.

Camden solo's were Dreaming of Home and Angel.

Gabe was really good on Smile and Alessandro supported him

Libera was the encore and I still do not understand it being sung twice. I still think the encore should be a song not sung earlier in the concert. Just a bug bear of mine :)

Alessandro voice has also changed so he is also in the back row along with Isaac.

No Sam W , Timothy Lee , Matthew Madine , Ciaran instead we had Isaac , Alessandro and Alex on the back row.
Last edited by dani on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks Dani!

What was your favorite song of the concert?