Ely Cathedral 29th April 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

j8000

Re: Ely Cathedral 29th April 2017

Post by j8000 »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:03 am">7 years ago</span> I'm having a problem creating an account for their online ticket system. I keep getting a message saying " - Field is not in the right format". I tried changing my phone number (which is one of the required fields) to a UK format but to no effect. Any suggestions?
Also, I can't see what payment methods they accept. Does anyone know?
If an online purchase will not work I can always call. I wonder if they will then hold the tickets until the day of the concert.
Could be the postcode field - that seems to require at least two non-digits, some numbers and then at least two other non-digit characters at the end. You could try dashes at the start or repeating the end letters. e.g. AB2600AB or --2600AB
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes it feels a bit of a pain to create an account for something you'll probably only purchase once...(unless Libera perform there again at some point). I suppose Libera have to use Ely's booking options rather than their own easy to use TicketSource partnership.

I do notice a 'Save Time Select 'Print at Home' option for delivery of your tickets. So a valid email and a little play about with this http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ should be sufficient. Unless they cross-check address details against your payment card. I would have thought any valid debit/credit card should be applicable options for payment, although again there is a notice on the page;

...VISA it is then.

I'll be working tomorrow morning, so will have to wait till later if I was thinking about attending. I'm not too fussed about premium, but I'm hoping not to be right at the back... I'll have to take my binoculars!... Maybe they will slot some TV screen in between the pillars?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

j8000 wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:41 am">7 years ago</span> Could be the postcode field - that seems to require at least two non-digits, some numbers and then at least two other non-digit characters at the end. You could try dashes at the start or repeating the end letters. e.g. AB2600AB or --2600AB
Thanks, it did the trick :) Tried placing an order to see what payment methods would show up. Upon checkout it takes you to a website called Yes-Pay which Firefox and Chrome say isn't safe. Is anyone familiar with this payment method?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

There was a warning on the Cathedral website yesterday stating that they were having problems with Firefox and Chrome browsers when making payments. They were working to resolve this with Yes-Pay. They were advising using Internet Explorer (no mention of "Edge"). The warning appears to have been removed now.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

Hello, just wanted to be sure I am looking at the right place... The event is still not showing on their website right?
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

If you click on "events" from the Cathedral homepage, the concert shows in the list of events. Click on "read more" and you will get the link to the Box Office. I guess that's where you are looking, and as far as I can see it isn't listed anywhere there however you search for it.

It looks as if Libera will only appear when the tickets are actually available, and whether that's a manual intervention, so maybe not at the exact time, or automatic and on time I don't know - If anyone knows differently please post before 09:30 tomorrow! :) :) :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

Got it, thanks theforestdweller.
Anyone else having trouble with registering "yes-pay" account? I have tried and after I filled up all the information they required nothing happened... this worries me quite a lot.
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Is it just me.... or no sign of tickets on the website yet?
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

They better not selling tickets via phone right now ... this would suck big time.
Although I am quite sure this is happening right now :D and by the time they open online tickets option, the good seats will be taken.
Last edited by danny-bulgaria on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

My guess is it starts at 10 am after all.
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:42 am">7 years ago</span> My guess is it starts at 10 am after all.
So... 15 more minutes of raging F5 :lol:
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

"Sorry, the server is currently too busy, please try again later."
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Broken system. Terrible.

has anyone managed to get to a payment screen? "The system encountered an error with the payment service. Please try again later." Disappointed to say the least.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Got as far as the checkout but you need to pay by credit card, which I don't have. Going to try by phone.
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Good luck with that- goes straight to voice mail.