Ely Cathedral 29th April 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

danny-bulgaria

Re: Ely Cathedral 29th April 2017

Post by danny-bulgaria »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:04 am">7 years ago</span> Got as far as the checkout but you need to pay by credit card, which I don't have. Going to try by phone.
Why CC ? I've got no problem paying with a visa debit...
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Good to know :) Mine is Maestro :? (Dutch)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
mickmackin

Post by mickmackin »

What a nightmare! - eventually got B21 and 22.
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Finally got it to work- cleared out the browser cache, restarted Internet Explorer... only got seats in row H this time but at least I got some!!!
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

mickmackin wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:11 am">7 years ago</span> What a nightmare! - eventually got B21 and 22.
I've skipped this 3 rows because I really couldn't understand the description they gave... yet F-4 is quite good
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

I've been a little cheeky and have now actually bought two more tickets a bit closer in row F. So I have two spare tickets I can offer, they are H6 and H7, the left hand aisle and the one next to it. Good seats.

Send me a PM if you are interested, happy to let them go for £30 each (sold as a pair for £60) so you can save yourself a little £££ as well. Yorkie and Dani can hopefully vouch for me- I am real and the tickets are real! :-)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Awful website and awful box office which was engaged and just told you to leave your number and they would ring you back when they got a chance. It wanted me to sign up which took 5 mins and then threw me out due to a error and then the website crashed and finally got though.

What a lot of stress for a Monday morning!

ETA - Mr W is totally legit and trust worthy :)
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

As I posted earlier, I had a bad feeling about the website and the timing of the either the online or 'phone box office going live.

I had decided that the reasons I never managed to get the best seats in the past is due to my relatively slow internet connect, coupled with relatively slow rather mature fingers! So this time I got my Son who lives in London to help me by logging into the website as well. He had one PC looking, I had two of mine plus the phone line.

So, 09:30 - Nothing, no sign of life on website, answerphone messages only. Must have called 20 times over the next 20 minutes or so. Endless refreshing - nothing.

Suddenly at around 09:55 the 'phone was answered by a real person! Yes I could book, would FRONT ROW be OK. Yes it would!!! Booked and paid for without problem. In the meantime my son had managed to reserve two tickets online as well and was holding them in case my transaction failed for some reason. He too had the front row. Once he knew I was safely booked he released his tickets.

I am really, really pleased :D :D :D .
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

They have already sold well over 100 tickets so that's really good going as Cambridge isn't the easy place to get to for some people in the u.k
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

theforestdweller wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:52 am">7 years ago</span> I am really, really pleased :D :D :D .
Front row??? Awesome! :D

I'm sure you will give us a full, long-form review afterwards. ;)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I used a photo that Jimmy posted a couple of days ago to draw on it the seats that fit the sitting chart, and I put the references.

Can you spot your exact seat ? :)

Rows A and B are 2 * 13
Rows C and D are 2 * 14
Row E is 2 * 5
Rows F and G are 2 * 6
Row H is 2 * 7

Row J to HH are 2 * 7
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

I was so surprised and excited when I got through on the 'phone rather than the website and was told I had 2 x front row seats that I totally forgot to ask which seat numbers I'd purchased :oops:. I'll have to wait and see what the postman delivers! I'm quite surprised to see as I write this that there's still a pair of seats available in Row D and that the other E-H premium rows haven't filled yet. Early days perhaps but I thought take up would be a lot faster than it actually is.

The Postman has now confirmed A18 & A19 - Just about perfect :D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

theforestdweller wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:18 pm">7 years ago</span> there's still a pair of seats available in Row D and that the other E-H premium rows
So tempting... My current seat is a bit behind but it's quite in the centre and I am not sure if getting some of these would be a good idea... Still thinking about getting one more seat just in case :)
trev

Post by trev »

I registered an account in the cathedral, run through the payment process to understand the check out system for an hour the day before. So in Monday, I sat in my office and frustratingly kept pressing F5 for half an hour praying no one from my back would notice. At this very moment, my colleague came to talk to me for 20 minutes! After he left, the best sits were gone :|

BTW, I am going to buy the train ticket, is that leaving at 10:30pm good enough?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

trev wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:01 pm">7 years ago</span>BTW, I am going to buy the train ticket, is that leaving at 10:30pm good enough?
Do you mean travelling back to London? You should be okay to catch the 22:57. There are earlier options available if you want to dash away quickly after the concert.

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/t ... utwardJump
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez