Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

ludwig1874
Silver Member

Re: Schoenstadt concert

Post by ludwig1874 »

Yes, I enjoyed it! My favorite song was angel, I was so excited to hear it the first time live!
At the end the boys standing at the exit of the church and you can talk with them.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Check the blogs page on the official site
A 1st blog about the summer tour has been posted this morning :)
http://www.libera.org.uk/blog/libera_in ... troduction
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I love the description of their performance during the Vigil concert. And that proud face of Alessandro in the picture, pointing to the massive crowd behind them :) This was such a memorable experience for them.

I also like how they mention the hospitality of the sisters in Vallendar :)

I'm looking forward to the following blogs - they promise to be a good read!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Whoever writes these blogs sure has a talent for it! And a nice sense of humour - "he was right where the sun was – though closer." :lol:
Also very nice to get these inside glimpses of choir life - Sam pointing out the star map, Alessandro bouncing up and down before his solo etc.

I wonder if we'll ever get to see the "couple of television interviews" they did at Krakow Market Square.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Oh yes, I think so, too! I really enjoyed reading it (wondering who might be the author).
maartendas wrote:"he was right where the sun was – though closer."
This is a highlight (well of course: the sun :wink: ) and this is also very funny: "plus if there were any ancient Romans present, we sang a lot in Latin too". :lol:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Part 3 is now up. This particular entry has a very informal and fun-filled style which gives some insight into the camaraderie of the choristers and their off-stage activities on tour. To kids that age such activities are just as important and meaningful as anything they may do on stage.

http://www.libera.org.uk/blog/europe2

A few quotes about singing that I found particularly intriguing from the ghostwriter of these blogs; who we now know is a soloist.
Singing a solo for Libera is so exciting and I love every minute. I hadn’t really been nervous during the performances in Poland as the audiences were so huge they somehow seemed removed - also you can’t see a lot of the audience when there are bright lights. This concert seemed more personal. The audience was big, around a thousand, but as we only had a few lights you could see everybody - which was a little daunting. However, once you start to sing, all fears and butterflies leave you and the enjoyment and thrill kicks in and I absolutely love it and forget everything else.
And another:
Some of my friends at school asked me about the tour and asked whether it was hard work and whether I minded the time it takes up. We work hard on tour but I absolutely love it. I love singing; in fact my little brother and sister think I suffer from “singing disease”. Libera for me is great. I work hard at school but Libera is an opportunity to relax and do something I absolutely love. When I sing I don’t think about anything else, it just fills my head with music - I would do it 25 hours a day! There is such a good sense of community, we can always knuckle down and perform and practice but we actually really enjoy being together too.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

My guess is Alessandro.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

john45 wrote:My guess is Alessandro.
I think so too.

Again a very enjoyable read with a great sense of humour.
And who knew the Libera boys like Monty Python too? :) I should try to quote some sketches with them next time I get the chance :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I have a difficulty to understand what are those 'pegs' they play with.
Google translator and Google images give several different results and I have no idea what is the real thing 'peg' intended in the blog.
Can you show me an image ?
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

These are pegs. How Libera makes a game with them I have no idea. The game they call "Disease" in my day was called "Lurgy" after the "Dreaded Lurgy" of "Goon Show" fame - way before their time.
Attachments
plastic-pegs_19-108855.jpg
plastic-pegs_19-108855.jpg (48.43 KiB) Viewed 4216 times
plastic-pegs_19-108855.jpg
plastic-pegs_19-108855.jpg (48.43 KiB) Viewed 4216 times
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you John,
I thought these were named 'clothespin'...

I laugh thinking to a sister that will scratch her head in a couple of months when she will discover some pegs half-buried somewhere in a Schoenstatt garden :lol:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

A quick photo swap on their blog page....

That's more like it.. :wink:
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Great blog, one of the best I've read i think. There are other possibilities of author of course as there is more than one soloist...

By the way if you don't believe me when I said how bad the rest of that live concert in Krakow was the full thing is on Youtube in HD (Libera is at 1:41:50)

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

maartendas wrote:
john45 wrote:My guess is Alessandro.
I think so too.

Again a very enjoyable read with a great sense of humour.
And who knew the Libera boys like Monty Python too? :) I should try to quote some sketches with them next time I get the chance :)
I think we have two different authors for this blog. I also believe the author of the second part is Alessandro. There are 3 clues that point to him.