Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

TimS_TheToolman

Re: Continental Europe Tour Summer 2016

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Thank you John,
I thought these were named 'clothespin'...

I laugh thinking to a sister that will scratch her head in a couple of months when she will discover some pegs half-buried somewhere in a Schoenstatt garden :lol:
I couldn't figure it out either. Thanks John.

We call them "clothes pins" here also, or, at least in the part of the country I live in.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: I think we have two different authors for this blog. I also believe the author of the second part is Alessandro. There are 3 clues that point to him.
Oh? What are those clues?
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

JimmyRiddle wrote:A quick photo swap on their blog page....
Yes, a 'thumbs up' from me too.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: I think we have two different authors for this blog. I also believe the author of the second part is Alessandro. There are 3 clues that point to him.
It seem like the same writer to me - what are you seeing that makes you think it is two different authors? Not that it matters, it would be good if it was two different boys and they would both be excellent but who do you think wrote each piece?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Re-read and now leaning towards Gregor.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

TimS_TheToolman wrote:I think we have two different authors for this blog. I also believe the author of the second part is Alessandro. There are 3 clues that point to him.
I agree.
Yorkie wrote:It seem like the same writer to me - what are you seeing that makes you think it is two different authors? Not that it matters, it would be good if it was two different boys and they would both be excellent but who do you think wrote each piece?
First: Blog 2 never says “I”, whereas the whole blog 2 was written from the very personal sight of only one boy.
Second: In the first blog you find many “…”, a hint at someone’s writing style (I tend to use lots of “…”, too). None of these can be discovered in the second blog.
Third: If Alessandro is the author of blog 2, why should he talk about himself in 3rd person in blog 1? Of course, I can't argue with this anymore, if somebody else wrote it.

I may be wrong, though. The boys could have fun teasing us a little bit. ;)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote: Second: In the first blog you find many “…”, a hint at someone’s writing style (I tend to use lots of “…”, too). None of these can be discovered in the second blog.
Third: If Alessandro is the author of blog 2, why should he talk about himself in 3rd person in blog 1? Of course, I can't argue with this anymore, if somebody else wrote it.

There is a lot of use of "..." in the second article which I agree is an identifiable style so I think the same person wrote both pieces. Agree about the 3rd person use by Alessandro which is why I don't think he is the secret author :D

Assuming the same author for both then the named boys (and thus ruled out as authors) are:

Isaac
Alex G
Alessandro
Alex M
Cassius
Sam
MJ
Finn
Lucas
Rocco

From the remaining boys we need to look at who had a solo in Germany and then looking at the ages of the remaining candidates I have to agree with John and his conclusion that Gregor is the likely author. Elementary my dear Watsons :lol:

The first instalment mentions practising two songs for the Pope concert, what was the second?

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Yorkie wrote:There is a lot of use of "..." in the second article
But where? By referring to the second article I meant the Schönstatt blog, where I do not find any "..."-bits ... :wink: Or do we misunderstand each other here?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote:
Yorkie wrote:There is a lot of use of "..." in the second article
But where? By referring to the second article I meant the Schönstatt blog, where I do not find any "..."-bits ... :wink: Or do we misunderstand each other here?
Have a second look, the use of "" &'' is frequent. Camden would be the second possibility.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

I am sticking with Gregor for parts 1 and 2 - but I think the introduction might be from RP himself. Clues: mature style; says "the boys performed" rather then "we"; refers to the "good sisters" and "warm audience" both of which are known RPisms. What clinches it is "Over the years etc" which could only be said by a long term observer - of course that would include BG, SC, SG, JM, JB and KC- but the other clues point to RP IM not so HO.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote:I am sticking with Gregor for parts 1 and 2 - but I think the introduction might be from RP himself. Clues: mature style; says "the boys performed" rather then "we"; refers to the "good sisters" and "warm audience" both of which are known RPisms. What clinches it is "Over the years etc" which could only be said by a long term observer - of course that would include BG, SC, SG, JM, JB and KC- but the other clues point to RP IM not so HO.

That seems entirely possible. My thoughts at the time were that that part had an adult feel although not specifically RP but your observations seem reasonable.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

john45 wrote:What clinches it is "Over the years etc" which could only be said by a long term observer - of course that would include BG, SC, SG, JM, JB and KC- but the other clues point to RP IM not so HO.
Oh, these abbreviations. And me poor new joiner. :? Could anyone be so kind and ...? No, first I try myself out of my memory:

BG:
SC: Sam Coates
SG: Steven Geraghty (how is his second name pronounced, I would really like to know that. Is it a long "aa"?)
JM: Josh Madine
JB: Jonathan Barrington
KC:

The rest: :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote: From the remaining boys we need to look at who had a solo in Germany and then looking at the ages of the remaining candidates I have to agree with John and his conclusion that Gregor is the likely author. Elementary my dear Watsons :lol:

The first instalment mentions practising two songs for the Pope concert, what was the second?
Good detective work, Yorkie and John! :D I am not yet entirely convinced it is Gregor if only because the style of writing seems to be that of an older boy who has been with Libera a good while, but that is my own perception and could be entirely incorrect. Your evidence that he is the author is very plausible.
filiarheni wrote:
Oh, these abbreviations. And me poor new joiner. :? Could anyone be so kind and ...? No, first I try myself out of my memory:

BG:
SC: Sam Coates
SG: Steven Geraghty (how is his second name pronounced, I would really like to know that. Is it a long "aa"?)
JM: Josh Madine
JB: Jonathan Barrington
KC:

The rest: :lol:
BG = Barbara Geraghty, Libera chaperone
KC = Kavana Crossley, former Libera chorister and now helps out on tours
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

filiarheni wrote:
TimS_TheToolman wrote:I think we have two different authors for this blog. I also believe the author of the second part is Alessandro. There are 3 clues that point to him.
I agree.
Yorkie wrote:It seem like the same writer to me - what are you seeing that makes you think it is two different authors? Not that it matters, it would be good if it was two different boys and they would both be excellent but who do you think wrote each piece?
First: Blog 2 never says “I”, whereas the whole blog 2 was written from the very personal sight of only one boy.
Second: In the first blog you find many “…”, a hint at someone’s writing style (I tend to use lots of “…”, too). None of these can be discovered in the second blog.

I defer to filiarheni for an explanation as to why I think two different boys wrote this blog. As to the author of the "part 1," I don't have a clue as to who it could be. As for part 2, I was fairly confident that it's Alessandro. I drew this conclusion on some of the things said about himself, which could apply to any of the soloists. My knowledge of the boys is extremely limited . I know a little about some and nothing about most, short of chatting with most of the them during the Korea Tour, so my conclusion is, at best, flawed.

I took the time to re-read both parts. I still believe there are two authors as the style and humor varies. I'm now conflicted as to who the author is of part 2. To me, it sounds like Alessandro. But after this second read, I'm not so confident about it now. The possibility that is Gregor, can't argue against it, I know nothing about him. So, I guess, for me anyway, it's up in the air :? . Maybe I can get away with asking them about it on their next tour. :wink:
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

TimS_TheToolman wrote:Maybe I can get away with asking them about it on their next tour. :wink:
You could try, but traditionally they have always been very secretive about the identity of the bloggers