Late 2015 & Early 2016 US Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

tom413
Gold Member

Re: Late 2015 & Early 2016 US Tour

Post by tom413 »

I've done a little research and it appears to be the former rather than the latter. If JR controlled the presale, I'm pretty sure there would be a blog post up about it already.

You have a real dilemma about which show to pick if you're only going to choose one. By the time the UConn show appears on the Jorgensen Center website so you can make a comparison, all the best seats in Pittsburgh will likely be gone. Worse than that, there is no guarantee the Storrs date will not change once someone remembers that he once said, "The timing and difficulty of transportation with two concerts in two days was an issue, the need for the boys to be rested and prepared was another". That could leave you shut out all together (or scrambling for vacation) if you're picking Connecticut.
Whatever you choose, I hope you get to see Libera live somewhere this year.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

tom413 wrote:Thanks for that information Jimmy! Wonder how one is able to qualify for the presale in Pittsburgh?
I have emailed JR , the venue and the ticket seller with no response.
Phones at the venue and at the ticket sellers are not manned by humans.
AAUGH!!!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote:I've done a little research and it appears to be the former rather than the latter. If JR controlled the presale, I'm pretty sure there would be a blog post up about it already.
Yeah, it would certainly seem that way. What you are saying is logical. JR has been consistently on top of announcing things early so I don't think any of us should count on being a part of the promo at this time.
john45 wrote:I have emailed JR , the venue and the ticket seller with no response.
Phones at the venue and at the ticket sellers are not manned by humans.
AAUGH!!!
How frustrating! :(

Let us know if you hear anything back.
tom413 wrote:You have a real dilemma about which show to pick if you're only going to choose one. By the time the UConn show appears on the Jorgensen Center website so you can make a comparison, all the best seats in Pittsburgh will likely be gone. Worse than that, there is no guarantee the Storrs date will not change once someone remembers that he once said, "The timing and difficulty of transportation with two concerts in two days was an issue, the need for the boys to be rested and prepared was another". That could leave you shut out all together (or scrambling for vacation) if you're picking Connecticut.
Whatever you choose, I hope you get to see Libera live somewhere this year.
You understand my dilemma exactly and I appreciate the moral support. Going to both would be great, but travelling on Sunday from Storrs to Pittsburgh all day (it's an 8+ hour drive) to arrive just in time for Sunday's concert, with no chance to rest in any real way, would be very frustrating and exhausting; while flying has its own set of costs and logistical dilemmas. Anyway, I will work it out one way or another. I just hope I can attend one of these. :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Promo Code for the Pennsylvania concert is PBS. Although quite a few seats appear to be unavailable.... sponsors/VIP?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Promo Code for the Pennsylvania concert is PBS. Although quite a few seats appear to be unavailable.... sponsors/VIP?
Thank you so much for this, Jimmy! :D I have decided to buy tickets to this concert and your information has ensured me good seats. I think there were some seats being reserved and then released in some unknown manner. I assume this is the case because several seats were available for purchase amongst a sea of blocked out seats all around the few that were available up front.

I am extremely grateful to you!
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I think most/all of the blocked off seats were for WQED's pledge drive. For $100 you can have one of their tickets for this concert.
I know some who chose this method, but I didn't like that there was no guarantee where that seat would be. Just somewhere in the
first 12 rows center, right or left. When the sale kicked off this morning, the best seats available in the center section were in the second row,
where I hope to be come December. Now I see a single seat in the 5th row and a block of four in the 7th. If you qualify for ADA seats you can still get the second row far, far left.

Seems like things are off to a good start with the public sale not starting until Monday.

Anyone wanting to go out west, should be ready to order soon. I counted 28 seats available in the center section of the floor
for Tucson when I checked tonight. And Cerritos is accepting preorders right now http://www.cerritoscenter.com/preorder/ ... category=8 with the downside that you do not get to pick your seat. :(
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I hope that this concert sells well now that I've got my 5th row ticket ;) This is about as good as I could have hoped for in terms of seats :D
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I believe Pittsburgh was a good location for Libera in the past, I wasn't there, but seem to remember tickets sold well.
I'm confident that the city will come through with sales, I'm more concerned about the back to back to dates and whether
this will create problems for this show or the Connecticut one. I'm optimistic that CT will have to move because Pittsburgh
got to market first, but I guess we'll have to wait for the official Jorgensen Center schedule to see what happens next.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote:I believe Pittsburgh was a good location for Libera in the past, I wasn't there, but seem to remember tickets sold well.
I'm confident that the city will come through with sales, I'm more concerned about the back to back to dates and whether
this will create problems for this show or the Connecticut one. I'm optimistic that CT will have to move because Pittsburgh
got to market first, but I guess we'll have to wait for the official Jorgensen Center schedule to see what happens next.
I agree with your assessment. Like you said though we will have to wait and see.

In the meantime, the Tuscon show went on sale :D

https://foxtucsontheatre.ticketforce.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=694
phineaspgage

Post by phineaspgage »

It looks as though I happened back to Libera Dreams in the nick of time, and was able to purchase a seat for Pittsburgh on Dec 20 (row J, center). Incidentally, the ticket venue notes a show time of 6:00 in one place (7:30 on this thread) so recheck the time as the date approaches.

The last two concerts I was able to book were both cancelled, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Pittsburgh is really close to me. The Storrs concert was also a temptation, but I'm opting to spare myself the travel.

For anyone flying to Pittsburgh, the airport is very convenient to the city (as airports and cities go). Note that Pittsburgh has an "entrance" from the airport side, which consists of a tunnel that opens onto a bridge, where traffic backs up. Of course, anyone on this site will likely arrive hours, days, or weeks before the show to scout out the venue. Still, it is rare that I have anything useful to add, so I thought I should jump at the opportunity. :lol:

THANK YOU to all posters for getting these venues and booking links up! I would have missed the early sale without you! :D
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Surpinto wrote:I agree with your assessment. Like you said though we will have to wait and see.
Connecticut has been removed from the schedule at libera.org. It's my understanding that this was the venue's issue,
not Libera's. Hopefully the replacement show will work better for travel to Pittsburgh. Cleveland or Columbus would be fantastic
choices geographically.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote:
Surpinto wrote:I agree with your assessment. Like you said though we will have to wait and see.
Connecticut has been removed from the schedule at libera.org. It's my understanding that this was the venue's issue,
not Libera's. Hopefully the replacement show will work better for travel to Pittsburgh. Cleveland or Columbus would be fantastic
choices geographically.
Thank you for the update. I will update the master list at the thread starter accordingly. It looks like my dilemma from earlier in this discussion resolved itself and I decided to buy tickets to Pittsburgh while the good seats were still available :D I hope that this cancellation still allows this tour to happen. I guess we will see.
mbbrose

Post by mbbrose »

Got tickets to the Pittsburgh concert! It's on my birthday and I can't think of a better way to spend it. We've got seats in the balcony so I'm excited for the new perspective :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Bad news. The US tour around Christmas has been cancelled in full. This was announced by JR at the US affiliate website with the concert being removed from the concert list :(. Fortunately, the October tour is still on and an extra concert has been added in Phoenix for those planning on attending :D though the date and venue have not yet been announced.

This is now the third concert that I have had tickets for cancelled in approximately the last year or so; I really must have awful luck and I don't think I can make any of the October dates for logistical and financial reasons. :(

And I'm not sure what the deal is with JR wanting to raise money send them to Disney and Universal as described in that blog post.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

$90,000.00 he has no hope in hell of raising that kind of money unless they have super rich donors we are not aware of . A complete pip dream :D