USA spring tour 2015...

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: USA spring tour 2015...

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks to everybody for updating the thread from Jimmy & Surpinto for pulling together the reports and photo's and not least John & Patrick for your reviews and Tweets (gold star to FDL for fantastic blow by blow Twittering). Now we just need a write up from Tom (I'm sure he found his way there). Must say that photo with RP, Isaac & Cassius is one of my favourite ever Libera pics. Kudos to whomever took that.

Sounds like it was a great performance from the boys with great new takes on the songs and an impressive line up boys getting their solo's or prime supporting harmony roles. As a fan that excites me; genuine solo's from many different singers is something I've been longing to hear for ages - and I'm stuck in the UK :(

Rebecca it's great to hear from you after so long & congratulations on your place at University. I still remember your visit to London & Epsom and how excited you were :D

wpgoalie03 sounds like you picked well for your first concert, you're going to have a great time 8) If you get there early I would highly recommend taking the time to chat to other fans and share your experience, it's one of the greatest gifts that Libera have given me; fellow fans from all over the world that I proud to call my friends. There will be quite a few members of the forum there and they are all good folks. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to a stranger, they are just friends you haven't met yet and they love Libera too!

Keep us updated with all the news from the concerts.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
wpgoalie03

Post by wpgoalie03 »

Surpinto, thanks so much for the info. I'm super excited! Yorkie, I discovered Libera a year ago this month and have been so encouraged by their music. I'm glad to be part of the club now! :wink: This might be a dumb question, but do members of this forum identify themselves in any particular way when attending concerts, or do you all generally just recognize each other from years past? I will definitely try and talk to others around me and get to know some of my new fellow fans. For anyone else that is going, I will be in the Center Orchestra Pit row Two, seat 112. Hope to see some of you there!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

wpgoalie03 wrote:do members of this forum identify themselves in any particular way when attending concerts, or do you all generally just recognize each other from years past? I will definitely try and talk to others around me and get to know some of my new fellow fans. For anyone else that is going, I will be in the Center Orchestra Pit row Two, seat 112. Hope to see some of you there!
No, people just have got to know each other over the years. When you have crazy Canadian (adopted), Japanese and French people travelling all around the world to attend all the concerts you tend to recognise them :D . They'll normally be near the front at any venue and will arrive before the doors open for a chat. Hopefully they'll read this and see where your sitting and come and say hi.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I assume JimmyRiddle is busy at the moment so I'll share this with you. Jimmy found and downloaded an interview with RP this morning:

RP interview

All credit to Jimmy for this, it's not my work.
Last edited by Yorkie on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote:I Assume JimmyRiddle is busy at the moment so I'll share this with you. Jimmy found and downloaded an interview with RP this morning:

RP interview

All credit to Jimmy for this, it's not my work.
Thank you, Jimmy, for sharing this interview and Yorkie for linking it here. :D

I am forever fascinated by just how Robert Prizeman manages to train the choristers so very well and have them be so professional. We know from previous interviews and SoP specials that the older ones help to train the younger ones, but to make that actually work as effectively as they have is truly a challenge. That's of course not even mentioning the wonderful arrangements and original music he prepares and composes for them. He's a true genius and I hold him in the highest regard for his talent, work, and dedication.

I have transcribed what I found to be a particularly neat and funny part of the interview :)
The majority of them are still at what we would call a primary school over here, so you have this curious sort of world in which they are professionals and they’re doing a kind adult job really which is one of the things which boys particularly can do. But at the same time they’re young children and you know they come out with their cuddly toys and things; in fact we have to have a limit on the size of the cuddly toys and the teddies and the fluffy giraffes and things like that sort of hanging out of their baggage as we go through the check in and so forth - so it’s a curious amalgam of the two worlds really.
Last edited by Surpinto on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: I am forever fascinated by just how Robert Prizeman manages to train the choristers so very well and have them be so professional. We know from previous interviews and SoP specials that the older ones help to train the younger ones, but to make that actually work as effectively as they have is truly a challenge. That's of course not even mentioning the wonderful arrangements and original music he prepares and composes for them. He's a true genius and I hold him in the highest regard for his talent, work, and dedication.
When I say this it isn't intended to reduce RP's role (he is a legend) but I think the training is a real team effort. From Eleanor and the youngest boys, to the older choir members, & then the former members there are many contribuors. But RP is the General to whose tune they all march :D
Surpinto wrote:I have transcribed what I found to be a particularly neat and funny part of the interview :)
The majority of them are still at what we would call a primary school over here, so you have this curious sort of world in which they are professionals and they’re doing a kind adult job really which is one of the things which boys particularly can do. But at the same time they’re young children and you know they come out with their cubby toys and things; in fact we have to have a limit on the size of the cubby toys and the teddies and the fluffy giraffes and things like that sort of hanging out of their baggage as we go through the check in and so forth - so it’s a curious amalgam of the two worlds really.
I think that should be cuddly toys - is there such a thing as cubby toys in the US? Cuddly toys being the soft, stuffed animal things -not sure if that is an accent issue or a thing in the good old US of A??? :wink:
Last edited by Yorkie on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Oops!

I think you're right. The sound quality isn't the best and that "l" is quite subtle to my ear. I thought "cubby toys" must be some sort UK expression indicating toys one would put into a cubby (shelf) lol :lol: I will fix my quote.

And you are of course correct in the team effort aspect. I too did not mean to take any credit away from anyone deserving.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

I really wish I could be there... :-( Is it wrong to hope for pirated video/audio?
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Yes Yorkie, I made it to Boston and am now in San Antonio. Lack of consistent access to the internet will almost always make me an
infrequent poster during a tour and by the time I can find access people have covered the essentials. Props to Patrick, John and Lauren
for doing that in this case!

The show in Boston was quite a good start for the tour. Isaac's Danny Boy was a personal
highlight as he was lined up right in front of me. I agree with John that the front row was almost too close for this show, I didn't
see as much of the group on the left side of the stage, which included most of the newbies.

The newbie making the biggest splash on Wednesday was definitely Taichi with two speeches to the audience. His enthusiasm,
particularly on Orinoco Flow was good to see. With Lucas being an unscheduled scratch on Wednesday, Alessandro had to
carry HSISTM by himself. He performed admirably, but I was most impressed with the job he did on How Great Thou Art, not one of my
favorites - but Wednesday it was pretty good. I hope for more of the same tomorrow.

Alex M stood out with so many new high profile roles in the show and Alex G also seems to be emerging. I would compare his role
to the job so well done by Dylan in past years.

Another thing that was quite different for me in this show. I was so close to the stage that RP was actually behind my line of sight.
It was interesting to be able to see him lead from almost the same perspective as the choristers.
Last edited by tom413 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

wpgoalie03 wrote:I'll be attending my first Libera concert in Texas on Saturday, and I was wondering if there will be an opportunity to get autographs and meet the members briefly. I've seen several videos of fans going through lines to receive autographs, and I wasn't sure if that's typical of Libera concerts. If so, will that opportunity take place before or after the show, and how long before or after? Thanks guys!

There are definite plans for a signing line in San Antonio. As Surpinto mentioned, signing is a hit and miss deal. Most likely
to happen in the US and the Far East if proper support can be secured at the venue.
Most of the people from this forum will probably be sitting around you. I think I'm in seat 106 or 107...something like that.
Stop over and say hi.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Rebecca (: wrote:Hello everyone :D
It's been absolutely ages since I last last posted, so I hope everyone is doing well!
I'll be attending the concert in San Antonio this weekend (well, that is if my car gets fixed in time..) so I look forward to hopefully seeing some familiar faces there!

I'm really happy to hear from you again Rebecca. Looking forward to renewing acquaintances in SA.
Congrats on landing your preferred University. :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thank you all so much for the reviews , wonderful to read them .

Is wings of a dove from visions album ?
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

dani wrote:Thank you all so much for the reviews , wonderful to read them .

Is wings of a dove from visions album ?
No. Tom sang the classic Mendelssohn song from "Hear my Prayer"
Here's Oliver Putland of "Angel Voices" singing the same piece:
Sanctus

Post by Sanctus »

[quote="tom413"]
"Alex M stood out with so many new high profile roles in the show and Alex G also seems to be emerging. I would compare his role
to the job so well done by Dylan in past years."

Thanks so much for the reviews ! they are really appreciated by those who wish so much to attend the concerts but are not able to. Nice to see many new soloists who will be in the group for the future. What do you mean Alex G is emerging? did he have any solos ? :)
Thanks again :) who Is going to San Antonio today ?
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks for all the updates everyone.
Kinda sad that Sam no longer sings solos - I just got to know him through the Washington recordings and he became a favourite of mine and yet already his role has changed. Still, his expression and talent don't go away ofcourse and it's also exciting to see new soloists step up.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above