USA spring tour 2015...

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

USA spring tour 2015...

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Official Thread for discussing Libera's upcoming tour to USA Spring 2015

Edited 13/12 to show concerts in chronological date order and official confirmation status by Official Libera;
Edited 18/12 to confirm status of Chicago IL, concert and amend date/time as per Libera Events;

At present 5 venues have been announced by Libera;

1st concert http://thewilbur.com/

Date: Apr 1st, Time: 19:30
Venue: Wilbur Theatre
Seating Capacity: 1,200

2nd concert http://concerts.livenation.com/event/15 ... =ramya_8e1

Date: Apr 2, Time: 20:00
Venue: Warner Theatre
Seating Capacity: 1,847

3rd concert https://www.tobincenter.org/box-office/ ... ra-america
Date: Apr 4, Time: 19:30
Venue: Tobin Center - H-E-B Performance Hall
Seating capacity: •1,759 reserved plush built-in seats, all with excellent sight lines <taken venue from website>

4th Concert http://www.oshows.com/#!upcoming-shows/cnbn <<scroll two thirds down>>

Date: Sunday, April 8th Time: 19:30
Venue: Arcada Theatre
Seating Capacity: 900

5th Concert http://www.woodruffcenter.org/

Location:1280 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309, United States
Date: Friday, April 10, Time TBC...
Venue: Symphony Hall
Seating Capacity: 1,762

Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 20 times in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: USA spring tour 2015...

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you very much Jimmy :D

So it will be partly the Texas again.
Hopefully the tour will go to new towns and states they didn't visited yet :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

*delete post - updated original entry 13/12
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Wow, I hope the DC one happens! That concert literally takes place on one of the most convenient dates and locations possible for me.

My constant fear is that one or both of these concerts would be cancelled due to a lack of ticket sales; like what happened with 2 performances last spring.

With such a large seating capacity, does the Libera organization really believe they can attract so very many people to buy tickets? I'd like to be optimistic but that is a concern indeed.

Thank you JimmyRiddle for this information.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Surpinto wrote:With such a large seating capacity, does the Libera organization really believe they can attract so very many people to buy tickets?
If you compare with last year Spring tour, there's some reasons to be optimist :)

- Concert announced 4 months in advance. It was only two months last year.
- Concert in the same city that already hosted an huuuge concert just 8 months ago, so lot of people knows already them and may want to hear and see them again
- Concert occurring just a couple of days after the new DVD will be released and/or will be aired on the PBS network, which may guaranty a large audience to see them, and hopefully some TVs advertisements for the tour :)
Eric32507

Post by Eric32507 »

I'm hoping that they do a show somewhere within a 10 hour drive for me; living here on the Gulf Coast I'm in kind of a dry spot for major shows. Ahh, the days of living in New England lol so many venues to choose from up there. If they do a venue anywhere on the Florida Panhandle or Georgia I am definitely going.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Rats, another weekday concert in Washington.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
Surpinto wrote:With such a large seating capacity, does the Libera organization really believe they can attract so very many people to buy tickets?
If you compare with last year Spring tour, there's some reasons to be optimist :)

- Concert announced 4 months in advance. It was only two months last year.
- Concert in the same city that already hosted an huuuge concert just 8 months ago, so lot of people knows already them and may want to hear and see them again
- Concert occurring just a couple of days after the new DVD will be released and/or will be aired on the PBS network, which may guaranty a large audience to see them, and hopefully some TVs advertisements for the tour :)
Good points! :D

I think you are probably right.

If they are able to fill that large of a venue with paying ticket holders it would certainly prove that they have increased in popularity and that more and more people are aware of them. I remember reading several times here about concerts from the not too distant past (UK, I think) that were somewhat poorly attended and the seating was rather sparse. I guess those days are over :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Edit 13/12 - Moved venues to original posting

Yes some of these venues are biggies, and they will break records in the US (probably in any Western country for that matter) if they even remotely sell out. In the UK they mainly perform in church/cathedrals which only average about 400-500. I think they managed to pull about 750ish at the NCH in Dublin back in 2009. Let's hope everything is done well to get as many tickets sold as possible.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Ah..Dublin 2009, those were the days. Fantastic turnout for their first time in the Irish capital. It's a pity they haven't been back since (never say never!)
"You are not alone"
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

This is definitely good news. And yes, hopefully the PBS airings will help fill seats at the concerts. Looks like I will plan on the Atlanta one, taking Friday off to get up there, and then have Saturday to get back.

If any fans live locally, a good idea might be to print off some flyers or posters and visit schools and colleges that have music departments. Sometimes students can get extra credit for attending events (and maybe writing a report on it.) Churches, of course, are another good contact, especially any that have more traditional choirs (or even trebles!) Many bookstores and arts districts also have community bulletin boards.

Wishing the best and hope lots of new fans discover them.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Speaking of PBS airing the 2014 Washington Concert, will there be a DVD of the concert?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote:Speaking of PBS airing the 2014 Washington Concert, will there be a DVD of the concert?
Yes, it is supposed to be released in March as well.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Another concert announced for this tour, this time in Boston, Massachusetts on Wednesday April 1st. Seems to have been announced on the US affiliate website only. Hope it's not an April Fool's Day joke :lol:

http://libera.org/event/boston-ma/

The venue is The Wilbur Theatre.