Concert at Ely Cathedral in May 2018

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Sjh

Re: Concert at Ely Cathedral in May 2018

Post by Sjh »

For anybody looking for accommodation I just booked the Travel lodge Ely just over a mile from the Cathedral for 2 nights Friday and Saturday for £95 in the town they wear looking for £100 plus a night. Not a long walk or if weather bad will just get a Cab.
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

Don't forget Airbnb as a source of accommodation. Still a fair selection available for concert night and beyond :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Ticket sales look to be going well :)

Looks like half of the tickets (give or take) have sold already.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

I wonder why the rows A and B are not available this year. Any ideas?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Hopefully it is not to have place enough to put the musicians before the stage... :?
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hopefully it is to install some cameras there to film a new live concert DVD. :mrgreen: :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:13 am">6 years ago</span> Hopefully it is to install some cameras there to film a new live concert DVD. :mrgreen: :wink:
Oh, how much I wish this would be the reason. In this case I'm ready even to move two rows more to the back. Or no, just one only. :lol:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Obviously, Ely Cathedral took the complaints to heart and now are changing their ticket system, as they tweeted yesterday: "Advance notice: We are pleased to be moving over to a brand new Box Office system next week."
So there is hope for a less frustrating ticket sale before an after next Libera concert in Ely. 8) :P

Four weeks before the real next Libera concert, this is the current occupancy.
The left side of JJ and KK were blocked as a whole, if I'm right. For the sound technique?

LDF NachPostenlöschen Elyplan.JPG
LDF NachPostenlöschen Elyplan.JPG (50.31 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
LDF NachPostenlöschen Elyplan.JPG
LDF NachPostenlöschen Elyplan.JPG (50.31 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Hopefully those greens turn to black in the coming days.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

It's less than 3 weeks until the concert in Ely! Where is the 'Buzz' ! Isn't anyone excited about this concert? :shock: Let's go! Make some noise!! :P :P :D :D
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I'm really excited :D Though, I can't find something like a ticket for the concert... Where am I supposed to find something that prooves I booked my seat ?
Also, good news for Libera as there seems to be a USA tour planned for this summer. I was starting to feel worried with only this Ely concert announced. But now I'm a bit more relax.

Do you think there will be new songs ? If they go on tour, there's to be new ones don't you think ? Maybe we will have a preview... New soloists ? What would be the set list in your opinion ?

I hope we will hear one or two new songs... Maybe new soloists, and I hope we can hear more of Merlin, Gabe and Oliver, but also Leo. Hopefully Alex G's voice is still high ?
As for the songs I really wish I can hear live : Sacris Solemnis, Angele Dei, Do you hear what I hear, Far away, Smile...
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

There is lots of buzz! Especially from the fly coming out of my otherwise empty wallet for this trip :roll: :lol:

There is a lot to look forward to and as Padmachou mentioned there may be substantive changes in the set list, soloists, etc. These are all wonderful things to look forward to and to be in anticipation about. Since an international trip for the purpose of seeing Libera is such an unusual and out of character thing for me to do, it won't seem real to me until I am actually at the airport. :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

:arrow: I have a spare ticket in row H which is the last premium row and row 6 (not 8, because row A and B are missing this time). The seat is H5.
If anyone is interested, please let me know! :)

3 weeks to go, the occupation now looks like this (imagine a red H5 :lol: )
https://www.elycathedral.org/events/libera-in-concert

As for my concert wishes: Secret and Vespera and Mysterium and How Shall I Sing That Majesty and Adoramus. :wink: :D
Okay - forcing myself to keep my feet on the ground, I'd really like to hear Angele Dei again in that mighty Cathedral when this song's sound soars up and spreads in the room, wow!
And I count on I am the Day. I would also love to hear Voca Me once in this very place, but I am not very hopeful that they put it on the set list.

Soloist wishes. I would like to hear Ben Bywater soloing, since I've read what other fans said who heard him live. So I'm curious.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

I'm really curious to see what their set list will be. There's a good chance that there will be new soloists, possibly even new members and lack of previous members.

This concert could be a preview of what will be performed on the US tour this Summer.

I'm not good at speculating but I do enjoy the thoughts of the rest of you as to what will be performed and what songs are on your wish list! :D
"with a down derry, derry down down"
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:47 am">6 years ago</span> It's less than 3 weeks until the concert in Ely! Where is the 'Buzz' ! Isn't anyone excited about this concert? :shock: Let's go! Make some noise!! :P :P :D :D
You are right, now I miss the Forum clock ticking the countdown. :wink: