Libera Concert in China (2017)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

john45
Gold Member

Re: Libera Concert in China (2017)

Post by john45 »

"Stay with me" was last sung not that long ago at the December 2016 St. George's concert. Merlin sang the lead (the erstwhile Ed, Daniel and Cassius part) and Taichi the high bits. The mini-boys also participated.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks John :)
ste1701fan

Post by ste1701fan »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:31 am">6 years ago</span>
So I assume the list is correct, all these songs will be sung, but I guess that 5 to 7 more songs will be also performed, including Sanctus, Angele Dei, Libera, Dies Irae, Exultate (sadly) and Salva me, because they were sung at both the Japan and the USA tours this year.
I don't understand how Exultate is being sung at every single concert! It's one of the rare songs which i really really don't like at all! ...but i'm sure it will be sung at st. george again december 1st.
I wish they would take up Adoramus again after about 8 years.........it's the song that got me started with libera. Or Mysterium in a Church is always something special too...but stooooooooop with Exultate please, i beg you!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

ste170 wrote:...but stooooooooop with Exultate please, i beg you!
hahaha :lol:
We should create a club and submit a petition to Robert :mrgreen:
ste1701fan

Post by ste1701fan »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:50 am">6 years ago</span>
=))) I would totaly sign this petition right away!!!!!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

ste1701fan wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:23 pm">6 years ago</span>
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:50 am">6 years ago</span>
=))) I would totaly sign this petition right away!!!!!
... containing 4 signatures by now (I include Yorkie without asking further). :mrgreen:

I also second a revival of Adoramus, and I continue begging for hearing Mysterium next year in Ely.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I think it makes sense to have a shorter concert each night due to them performing every night which has never been done before.

So I can not imagine another 5/6 songs being added. I think it will be them with a encore.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, I think it's safe to say that Libera will be performing before packed houses in Shanghai. The attendance for the Wuxi concert looks really good as well. Here is a screenshot of the seating chart for the Wuxi concert, which shows how many seats have been sold:
Attachments
wuxi2.gif
wuxi2.gif (56.29 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
wuxi2.gif
wuxi2.gif (56.29 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

There is two kinds of concerts :
- 2 paid concerts, on October 24th at Wuxi Grand Theatre and Octobre 28th at the SHOAC
- 3 free concerts, October 25th, 26th and 27th, in the 'Art Sky' series.

The 'Art Sky' series designates events that are free, but tickets can be required in order to regulate the crowd.

On the previous page Emily posted information about the venues, but two were incorrect.
At first the art sky events were not detailed and it led to some confusion about the venues.
Even on the Libera Official site,there are two maps that point to a wrong venue :wink:

The exact art sky venues names and addresses are now clearly visible on some sites that proposes the tickets.
Also on the festival official site, see this PDF or here, search for "英国天使之翼童声合唱团音乐会" for 'British Angel Wings Children's Choir Concert'.

Here a map that shows the 5 venues location.

If you think the venues are close to each other, you are wrong.
From downtown to the 3 most remote theatres, it requires 1h30 to 2h00 of driving.

I collected some photos of the venues.
The 1st and 5th venues are paid concerts, in beautiful great halls that can sit 1680 and 1979.
The 2nd, 3rd and 4th venues are free concerts, performed in local districts theatres, that can sit about 500 persons.

• 1. 10/24 19:00
    Wuxi Grand Theatre
    无锡大剧院

Paid concert
    The building hosts three halls.
    The main hall where Libera will perform has a capacity of 1680 persons.

See these articles with more large photos : here and here.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

• 2. 10/25 19:00
    Jinshan District Cultural Center Theater
    金山区文化馆剧场
    'Art Sky' Free concert
    The hall can sit 529 persons
    Image Image Image Image

• 3. 10/26 19:00
    Chongming Cultural Center Theater
    崇明文化馆剧场

'Art Sky' Free concert
    http://www.cmwhg.com/

Image Image Image Image Image

• 4. 10/27 19:00
    Shanghai Post and Telecommunications Club Theater
    上海邮电俱乐部影剧院

'Art Sky' Free concert
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

5. 10/28 19:00
    Shanghai Oriental Art Center
    上海东方艺术中心

Paid concert
    The hall can sit 1979 persons

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:36 am">6 years ago</span> There is two kinds of concerts :
- 2 paid concerts, on October 24th at Wuxi Grand Theatre and Octobre 28th at the SHOAC
- 3 free concerts, October 25th, 26th and 27th, in the 'Art Sky' series.

The 'Art Sky' series designates events that are free, but tickets can be required in order to regulate the crowd.

On the previous page Emily posted information about the venues, but two were incorrect.
At first the art sky events were not detailed and it led to some confusion about the venues.
Even on the Libera Official site,there are two maps that points to a wrong venue

The exact art sky venues names and addresses are now clearly visible on some sites that proposes the tickets.
Also on the festival official site, see this PDF or here, search for "英国天使之翼童声合唱团音乐会" for 'British Angel Wings Children's Choir Concert'.

Here a map that shows the 5 venues location.
WOOOOWW, thank you, Patrick. I have been confused for a few days as Google Maps & Baidu Maps showed rather conflicting results. Now I know why. :)
I still wonder if ~500 seats are available at the 'free' concerts, why were there only like 70 tickets available for booking online, or maybe there are some other websites...? :shock:
And on Libera's official site, it says the concerts start at 7:30 PM, but on the link you share, it says 7:00 PM, so people may have to rush a little bit earlier to the venues I think. :|

P/S: Although I would rather the Chinese sites use 'Libera', but 'British Angel Wings Children's Choir' sounds pretty cool too, heh? 8)
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you FDL for such an enormous update. Also, thank you to Emily and Kinda_K00l for your contributions. Even those of us who will not be attending these concerts are greatly enjoying reading about what is happening. :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

bachmahlerfan wrote:I think it's safe to say that Libera will be performing before packed houses in Shanghai. The attendance for the Wuxi concert looks really good as well. Here is a screenshot of the seating chart for the Wuxi concert, which shows how many seats have been sold:
You screen shot from 5 days ago is now outdated.
It seems that the Wuxi Theatre had blocked a large amount or seats at the sales opening, possibly to serve some people in priority, while the general public had access only to the rear and the balcony.

Yesterday the theatre has removed the lock they put on the first floor seats, now many seats are back available.
See bellow the new current seats chart.
[attachment=0]Wuxi Seats B.jpg[/attachment]

Thankfully jumping from the balcony to the first rows only costed us about $20 :)

Exactly one week remains before the 1st concert of the tour, in that theatre.
Not sure Wuxi will be a full house concert, but the attendance is already good anyway.
Attachments
Wuxi Seats B.jpg
Wuxi Seats B.jpg (127.55 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Wuxi Seats B.jpg
Wuxi Seats B.jpg (127.55 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:50 pm">6 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote:I think it's safe to say that Libera will be performing before packed houses in Shanghai. The attendance for the Wuxi concert looks really good as well. Here is a screenshot of the seating chart for the Wuxi concert, which shows how many seats have been sold:
You screen shot from 5 days ago is now outdated.
It seems that the Wuxi Theatre had blocked a large amount or seats at the sales opening, possibly to serve some people in priority, while the general public had access only to the rear and the balcony.

Yesterday the theatre has removed the lock they put on the first floor seats, now many seats are back available.
See bellow the new current seats chart.
Wuxi Seats B.jpg

Thankfully jumping from the balcony to the first rows only costed us about $20 :)

Exactly one week remains before the 1st concert of the tour, in that theatre.
Not sure Wuxi will be a full house concert, but the attendance is already good anyway.
Yeah, I realized this after looking at the seating chart yesterday. I'm not sure that I agree with their method of ticket sales, unless all potential concertgoers are aware of what's going on. Since I don't know Chinese, I couldn't tell what the text said when hovering the cursor over the locked seats. Has there ever been a Libera concert where so many seats were locked within a couple weeks of the concert?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

dani wrote:So I can not imagine another 5/6 songs being added. I think it will be them with a encore.
I was already sure that the China concerts will have the usual number of songs meaning 18 to 20. And since yesterday that we know 'The Moon' will be sung, it further reinforces the certainty that the concerts will be complete.
Because "the Moon" will most certainly be the Encore, as was the case in Taiwan and Seoul 2013. It's the perfect song to thrill the audience and finish the concert under a thunderous applause.

With 'the Moon' being the Encore, then what with Sanctus, Libera and Exultate?
Do you really think Robert can suddenly do concerts without these three songs at the same time? :shock:
Impossible. At some day one at a time may be removed of course, but not these 3 at the same time. We know Robert too well for that after all these years :)

We also know from experience that concerts are just lightly modified from a tour to another, so most probably the list of songs will include at least 2 songs from the 3 others that are currently recurring, meaning Angele Dei, Dies Irae and Salva me. And possibly all three.

Do not you adhere to my very logical deduction ? :)
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

I agree with Patrick about the fact at all those 3 are missing is a strange thing. And I DO REALLY REALLY HOPE that these concerts will be full ones. But taking into consideration, I can still understand if they only do like 15 songs (+1 'The moon' encore) for such a tight schedule. There's also a possibility that they will sing more songs at the chargeable ones I think, which I'd rather not be the case, as I can't attend those. :|

But yes, please, full concerts are ULTIMATELY welcome!! :D 8)
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*