Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

chris17

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by chris17 »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:22 pm">6 years ago</span>
chris17 wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:33 pm">6 years ago</span> Disneyland (which is very close to the location of the first concert)
I predict a photoshoot... :D
You're probably right. :D They can hardly sing that close to Disneyland and not go there!
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

chris17 wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:41 pm">6 years ago</span>
maartendas wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:22 pm">6 years ago</span>
chris17 wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:33 pm">6 years ago</span> Disneyland (which is very close to the location of the first concert)
I predict a photoshoot... :D
You're probably right. :D They can hardly sing that close to Disneyland and not go there!
So, what's the prediction? Say they do go to Disneyland, on which day, before the first concert or between concerts or the day after Westlake Village? I'm thinking probably before the first concert as they get acclimated to the time shift (8 hrs back).
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, I've been doing some "stuff" related to the upcoming tour. I might check a couple concert venues in the next couple days to see how well they are selling tickets. One thing I do know is that according to the ticket site for the Tallowood concert, premium seating is sold out. Meanwhile, I went on an e-mail binge by sending messages to various churches within a reasonable distance of the L.A. concert venues, although I did not e-mail any Mormons. I always e-mailed any music-related employees if possible. I figured it was a good idea to include some Youtube links showing the different styles of music done by Libera. Since Calvary Comm. Church has a larger seating capacity than Christ Cathedral Arboretum, and fewer people live near Calvary Comm. Church, I contacted a lot more churches near that venue compared to Christ Cathedral. I checked the churches' websites and bulletins to see if they were already advertising the concerts. I found two or three Catholic churches advertising it near Christ Cathedral, but I didn't find any churches mentioning it near the Calvary venue, although I didn't check every church.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:11 am">6 years ago</span> although I did not e-mail any Mormons.
I was going to ask why not Mormons and then I remembered those bloody awful Tabernacle wailers and assume you mean it is because they wouldn't appreciate the high quality singing of Libera after being struck deaf by their cacophony :wink:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:41 pm">6 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:11 am">6 years ago</span> although I did not e-mail any Mormons.
I was going to ask why not Mormons and then I remembered those bloody awful Tabernacle wailers and assume you mean it is because they wouldn't appreciate the high quality singing of Libera after being struck deaf by their cacophony :wink:
I could say more about that, but I'd rather keep my "harsh critic" side quiet for now! The real reason I didn't e-mail them was because I had difficulty finding e-mail addresses for the first batch of LDS sites, and simply gave up after that. Whenever I went to the websites of these places from the Google map, they always sent me to the main LDS.org website. In that website, the contact info. was nearly always just phone numbers, and when I checked a few facebook pages, only one of them had a general e-mail address. The thought of calling all these places where I may be proselytized over the phone didn't excite me too much. I should mention that I stumbled upon a blog last night where a person described how Libera's music brought them back to their faith, and they went on to join the Mormon church. So, there are definitely some Mormon fans.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Let's hope that they kept faith with Libera & didn't succumb to the dark side of choral singing!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I spoke with the lady at Calvary Comm. Church who is handling the sales for the concert. She told me that they have only sold about 100 tickets so far, and that they are hoping to sell at least 700 tickets. She also said that the church can hold up to 2800 people for the concert. I wish I had sent the e-mails to the churches sooner, but hopefully it will still help increase attendance.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

I would imagine music departments in schools as well as local arts groups (classical, opera, etc.) might allow a flyer or some such thing. That might best be done by someone local, although I guess flyers could be mailed if they're interested. I suppose if you somehow link to the flyer in an email (in addition to links to sample videos), they could just print out their own.
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:25 pm">6 years ago</span> I spoke with the lady at Calvary Comm. Church who is handling the sales for the concert. She told me that they have only sold about 100 tickets so far,
Ouch, that is discouraging. I feel bad for the boys if they should look out over the audience and only see 100 or so people. But, we've got 2 1/2 weeks to go, hopefully the last minute hold outs (locals) will come through and fill the seats.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:39 pm">6 years ago</span> I would imagine music departments in schools as well as local arts groups (classical, opera, etc.) might allow a flyer or some such thing. That might best be done by someone local, although I guess flyers could be mailed if they're interested. I suppose if you somehow link to the flyer in an email (in addition to links to sample videos), they could just print out their own.
I put a direct link in most of the e-mails to the event page where the flyer is. At first, I just put libera.org.uk, but I told them where they could find the flyer. The lady at Calvary Comm. Church told me that they had distributed some flyers to retirement communities and other places in the area. I don't know about local arts groups, but it might be worth looking into. Otherwise, I don't have any personal connections to the Los Angeles metro area, but if somebody visiting this forum does, perhaps they could help in some way.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:15 am">6 years ago</span>
hiskeys wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:39 pm">6 years ago</span> I would imagine music departments in schools as well as local arts groups (classical, opera, etc.) might allow a flyer or some such thing. That might best be done by someone local, although I guess flyers could be mailed if they're interested. I suppose if you somehow link to the flyer in an email (in addition to links to sample videos), they could just print out their own.
I put a direct link in most of the e-mails to the event page where the flyer is. At first, I just put libera.org.uk, but I told them where they could find the flyer. The lady at Calvary Comm. Church told me that they had distributed some flyers to retirement communities and other places in the area. I don't know about local arts groups, but it might be worth looking into. Otherwise, I don't have any personal connections to the Los Angeles metro area, but if somebody visiting this forum does, perhaps they could help in some way.
I found a few choral groups near the venue that I will e-mail this evening.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Just a thought - I remember that in a recent US tour, you could 'donate' seats.

Do you happen to know if there's a die-hard Libera fan or two at Calvary Community? I'd be willing to contribute so that they could offer some $5 seats (or I guess even free ones) so that some could attend who couldn't otherwise afford it - families for example.

If not, I might just contact the church directly.

Or would it be better to contact Libera first?

Thanks.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:42 am">6 years ago</span> Just a thought - I remember that in a recent US tour, you could 'donate' seats.

Do you happen to know if there's a die-hard Libera fan or two at Calvary Community? I'd be willing to contribute so that they could offer some $5 seats (or I guess even free ones) so that some could attend who couldn't otherwise afford it - families for example.

Thanks.
I know it was done in the past, but I haven't heard anything about it for this tour. There are others on this forum who might be able to give you a better answer than I can.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:13 am">6 years ago</span>
hiskeys wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:42 am">6 years ago</span> Just a thought - I remember that in a recent US tour, you could 'donate' seats.

Thanks.
I know it was done in the past, but I haven't heard anything about it for this tour. There are others on this forum who might be able to give you a better answer than I can.
I donated seats for the last US tour. They were managed by the then co-ordinator JR. I know some went to a group of Nuns in Boston. Not sure what happened to the rest. I would suggest you ask Nick Centanni at Libera.org. Donating tickets to a local radio station to give away will sometimes gain a free plug and a play.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

A new tweet from Libera.

Caption: "Alessandro and Isaac are just collecting their US visas. Not long now!"

I take this tweet to mean that the tour is a go. :D