Your least favorite Libera song is?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

irishoreo wrote:unfortunately ALOT of the Luminosa album i'm not too fond of, as a matter of fact it's the rarest one listened to :?
You Sir are a cad and a bounder. I fear I must challenge you to dual at dawn to repair that slur on a very fine album. :evil:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

DrewE wrote:I think I'll say that it's "Heaven" from Eternal. I'm not a fan of the choppy, vaguely disco-like remixing, and it really bugs me that the only English lyric is a fragmentary clause of a sentence that never gets completed.

And I saw a new earth, for the first earth and the first heaven
It's from Revelation, the last book in the Bible and the sentence goes:

...for the first earth and the first heaven are passed away

so I tend to think that not singing those last words symbolises the passing away....... :)

As for liking the song, I tend to favour the original (A new heaven) over the remix.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

maartendas wrote:
DrewE wrote:I think I'll say that it's "Heaven" from Eternal. I'm not a fan of the choppy, vaguely disco-like remixing, and it really bugs me that the only English lyric is a fragmentary clause of a sentence that never gets completed.

And I saw a new earth, for the first earth and the first heaven
It's from Revelation, the last book in the Bible and the sentence goes:

...for the first earth and the first heaven are passed away

so I tend to think that not singing those last words symbolises the passing away....... :)

As for liking the song, I tend to favour the original (A new heaven) over the remix.
I was aware of how the sentence should end (and could have come up with the source); it just irks me that they cut it off in the middle. And yes, I do like "A New Heaven" much better than the derivative. It's probably not in my top ten, but it's well above the bottom of the list.

It seems to me that there's rather a paucity of modern songs that talk about the future heavenly glory, especially when compared to the songs from a century or so ago. This song is one of the relatively few, and that in itself makes it special. ("Going Home" is another obvious one, except that it was originally written—and set to the Dvorak melody—around a century ago.)
Thunderhawk261
Silver Member

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

Definitely my least favorite is Lacrymosa. Pretty much 'fingernails-on-the-chalkboard' kind of reaction from me.
liberainchicago

Least Favorite Libera Songs

Post by liberainchicago »

If I had to pick a least favorite Libera song(s), i guess it would be I am the Day and some of the songs from the Visions cd, except for Locus Estes, New Day and Prayer.
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Thunderhawk261 wrote:Definitely my least favorite is Lacrymosa. Pretty much 'fingernails-on-the-chalkboard' kind of reaction from me.
LOL, that's hilarious!!!
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Yorkie wrote:
irishoreo wrote:unfortunately ALOT of the Luminosa album i'm not too fond of, as a matter of fact it's the rarest one listened to :?
You Sir are a cad and a bounder. I fear I must challenge you to dual at dawn to repair that slur on a very fine album. :evil:

I accept the challange...and by the way YOU TOTALLY CHALLANGED ME ON MY BIRTHDAY JERK!

8) 8) 8) ...the 4th really is my birthday though so :P
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

irishoreo wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

I accept the challange...and by the way YOU TOTALLY CHALLANGED ME ON MY BIRTHDAY JERK!

8) 8) 8) ...the 4th really is my birthday though so :P

LMAO....hahahaha
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I would have to say..

Vide Cor Meum as performed on the the movie, Hannibal.

It is in fact a wonderfull piece of music. But it troubles me to hear Libera on such an evil film, as I always associate Libera with peace, calm, happy, spritual music. Vide Cor Meum sounds to deep and dark to me...
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

where can i hear the hannibal soundtrack? ive been trying to find it ever since i saw the breif clip on SoP special!
Danie :D
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

danieb88 wrote:where can i hear the hannibal soundtrack? ive been trying to find it ever since i saw the breif clip on SoP special!
I purchased it from amazon as an MP3 download.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

danieb88 wrote:where can i hear the hannibal soundtrack? ive been trying to find it ever since i saw the breif clip on SoP special!
They are all on youtube. Steven seems to sing quite a bit from what i can hear.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:

As dani said,

It is available on youtube, but I'm reluctant to post a link here, as it contains visual content from the film which I don't think would be appropriate here, because of the younger members.

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:
dani wrote:

As dani said,

It is available on youtube, but I'm reluctant to post a link here, as it contains visual content from the film which I don't think would be appropriate here, because of the younger members.
The videos i saw was just of the album covers.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

what should i search? sorry for being silly but ive tried searching Libera and song name, Libera hannibal and i jus cant get it!
Danie :D