Your least favorite Libera song is?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Re: Your least favorite Libera song is?

Post by kinda_k00l »

Lucas wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:58 am">6 years ago</span> GASP.
What? Why? What does that mean lol.

Judging by the 'speed' that it's been growing on me, there's quite a possibility of that happening.
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Lucas wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:55 pm">6 years ago</span> Salve Regina: I just generally find this one musically uninteresting. It is the only track from the Hope album that I do not care for. The boys sound beautiful; there is simply nothing in this one that grips me.
This was exactly my first impression after listening to the piece for the very first time. It was the official video, which was released a couple of days before the CD. I was thinking - what?? why did they choose such a boring song for a video??

But then something completely unexpected happened to me. With each subsequent hearing I discovered more and more details, harmonies, voices which widened the experience of that piece in an unbelievable way.

Now, it belongs to my top 14 songs of the Hope CD. :D :D
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

@kinda, I was just playing. I have adored Three Ravens from my first listen. The dissonance and erieness is exactly what I love about it.

I am glad it is growing on you!!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Lucas wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:55 pm">6 years ago</span> Salve Regina: I just generally find this one musically uninteresting. It is the only track from the Hope album that I do not care for. The boys sound beautiful; there is simply nothing in this one that grips me.
What is THIS????!!!! I logon here to see that my favorite song on the album that brought me close to tears at first listen is being maligned, insulted, and degraded in this way! There shall be no forgiveness for this unseemly and pernicious trespass! :evil:

Okay, I'm over it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

My least favorite songs? I'll start by saying that my least favorite album is "Luminosa". Some of the songs are among my all time favorites but far too many I find uninspiring. The song on that album with the same title "Luminosa" is that way for me: just not that interesting.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:36 pm">6 years ago</span>
What is THIS????!!!! I logon here to see that my favorite song on the album that brought me close to tears at first listen is being maligned, insulted, and degraded in this way! There shall be no forgiveness for this unseemly and pernicious trespass! :evil:
I feel so sorry for you that you had to read such things about your favourite song. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

My least favorite songs? I'll start by saying that my least favorite album is "Luminosa". Some of the songs are among my all time favorites but far too many I find uninspiring. The song on that album with the same title "Luminosa" is that way for me: just not that interesting.
So wrong, just so so wrong :cry:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

andmar wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:02 pm">6 years ago</span>
I feel so sorry for you that you had to read such things about your favourite song. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Absolutely unbearable. My entire day ruined. :lol:
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:52 pm">6 years ago</span>
So wrong, just so so wrong :cry:
oops! :o
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:25 pm">6 years ago</span>
andmar wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:02 pm">6 years ago</span>

Absolutely unbearable. My entire day ruined. :lol:
Salve Regina is one of my favorite too, and I thought about you immediately after seeing that (like, 'now I'll wait and see what Surpinto's gonna say') :lol:
I did get a quite dizzy feeling after reading about Lucas' thought on 'Salve Regina', but since Lucas' favorite is 'Three Ravens' from the very first listen, while I stated that it's a little bit too dissonant for my taste, I couldn't help but feel like it's a way of getting even :lol:

*no offense by ANY means, Lucas - we do respect the difference in music taste :P *
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I don't understand what's going on with Three Ravens, at first I could'nt stop listening to it. But now I'm kind of "meh". I need to focus to like it. Anyway, I prefer rich harmonies, but I have to say it's a very good one.
Salve Regina had quite an opposite fate : I didn't like it at first (do not like the video), but now it's... woah.

I think my least favorite would be Luminosa or Stabat, maybe Lament... these were songs I didn't like at first, but then I "learned" to listen to it, but they will never reach my top 20, I'm not travelling enough thanks to them.
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

@Kinda

Suuuuure :lol:

Haha, no worries at all. I love this. I appreciate that different people respond differently to their music.

I ought to clarify that although songs like "Salve Regina" aren't my top pick, they are still god-tier listening material compared to more trendy radio-type listening. :mrgreen:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:53 am">6 years ago</span> I don't understand what's going on with Three Ravens, at first I could'nt stop listening to it. But now I'm kind of "meh". I need to focus to like it. Anyway, I prefer rich harmonies, but I have to say it's a very good one.
Um ... what is not rich in Three Raven's harmonies ...? :o

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:53 am">6 years ago</span> Salve Regina had quite an opposite fate : I didn't like it at first (do not like the video), but now it's... woah.
Did the fact that you don't like the video make you not like the song?

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:36 pm">6 years ago</span> I'll start by saying that my least favorite album is "Luminosa". Some of the songs are among my all time favorites but far too many I find uninspiring. The song on that album with the same title "Luminosa" is that way for me: just not that interesting.
"Far too many", no, this is far too flimsy! :shock: You won't get away with that! You'll have to differentiate which songs these are, as you also speak about all time favourites which is quite the contrary, and then I know for which songs I can accuse or compliment you. :P :P :mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:51 am">6 years ago</span>
Salve Regina is one of my favorite too, and I thought about you immediately after seeing that (like, 'now I'll wait and see what Surpinto's gonna say') :lol:
I did get a quite dizzy feeling after reading about Lucas' thought on 'Salve Regina', but since Lucas' favorite is 'Three Ravens' from the very first listen, while I stated that it's a little bit too dissonant for my taste, I couldn't help but feel like it's a way of getting even :lol:

*no offense by ANY means, Lucas - we do respect the difference in music taste :P *
:lol: Absolutely no actual offense has been taken by anyone and this is all in good fun :D.

In Lucas' defense several fans have commented that "Salve Regina" was too long or too repetitive. Of the many many songs and albums released over the years by Libera, I think that there are only a handful of songs that most fans can agree on as being universally liked; and even those songs have their detractors. It all depends on ones musical tastes and background.
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:53 am">6 years ago</span> I don't understand what's going on with Three Ravens, at first I could'nt stop listening to it. But now I'm kind of "meh". I need to focus to like it. Anyway, I prefer rich harmonies, but I have to say it's a very good one.
Salve Regina had quite an opposite fate : I didn't like it at first (do not like the video), but now it's... woah.
Yeah, I think it's a song that either strikes one immediately or strikes on later on. I am in the latter camp, it took me a while to warm up to this song. It is definitely different than their other songs for reasons already discussed.
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:53 am">6 years ago</span> I think my least favorite would be Luminosa or Stabat, maybe Lament... these were songs I didn't like at first, but then I "learned" to listen to it, but they will never reach my top 20, I'm not travelling enough thanks to them.
Lament? That is an interesting one. It's either a moving, haunting melody that strikes to the core.....or a boring, meandering piece. It has been one of my favorites for a long time though.
Lucas wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:25 am">6 years ago</span> @Kinda

Suuuuure :lol:

Haha, no worries at all. I love this. I appreciate that different people respond differently to their music.

I ought to clarify that although songs like "Salve Regina" aren't my top pick, they are still god-tier listening material compared to more trendy radio-type listening. :mrgreen:
:D
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:38 am">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:36 pm">6 years ago</span> I'll start by saying that my least favorite album is "Luminosa". Some of the songs are among my all time favorites but far too many I find uninspiring. The song on that album with the same title "Luminosa" is that way for me: just not that interesting.
"Far too many", no, this is far too flimsy! :shock: You won't get away with that! You'll have to differentiate which songs these are, as you also speak about all time favourites which is quite the contrary. Then I know for which song I can accuse or compliment you. :P :P :mrgreen:
Yes, I should have been more clear. My standards and expectations for Libera are very high, so "far too many" means just a few. Luminosa, Silencium, Lacrymosa are all songs that not bad and not hated by me but I always skip past them. I just do not find them interesting. That being said, three songs on a Libera album that I skip past almost universally is a lot for a single album from them.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Um ... what is not rich in Three Raven's harmonies ...? :o
What I mean is, I prefer songs with all the boys singing different parts, Three Raven is mostly solo parts, very good ones indeed but it's not the same feeling.
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:53 am">6 years ago</span> Salve Regina had quite an opposite fate : I didn't like it at first (do not like the video), but now it's... woah.
Yes I think that's what happened. I didn't understood the choices they made for this video, didn't like the atmosphere... It kept me away from just listening for the song itself...

Surpinto it's intersting that you like Lament but skip Silencium, Lacrymosa, etc... It belongs to the same group in my mind.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:42 pm">6 years ago</span>
Yes I think that's what happened. I didn't understood the choices they made for this video, didn't like the atmosphere... It kept me away from just listening for the song itself...
That's why I avoid watching videos when I listen to a new song, unless it is a concert video. Because it often happens that the story told in the video doesn't match my idea of the song or sometimes I don't understand the sense of the video. But after having watched it, it is in my head and very difficult or rather impossible to turn off. Music videos steal my fantasy, they fix my imagination, and I want to stay independent from an interpretation that can even feel "patronising" to me. Therefore, I postponed watching the Voca Me video for many months, because this song is particularly precious to me and I wanted my own view to settle down strong enough so that the video wouldn't be able anymore to take that away from me. Due to this trick, it worked! I watched the video, but it doesn't impose upon me when I listen to the song. :D

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:45 am">6 years ago</span> Luminosa, Silencium, Lacrymosa are all songs that not bad and not hated by me but I always skip past them. I just do not find them interesting. That being said, three songs on a Libera album that I skip past almost universally is a lot for a single album from them.
If I knew what you are talking about! 8) :lol: Three songs of which I don't know two yet! Also a lot - I think I can't wait until Christmas to hear them, I'm not strong enough anymore. :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:45 am">6 years ago</span> :lol: Absolutely no actual offense has been taken by anyone and this is all in good fun :D.
Haha, really, what was I thinking? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:45 am">6 years ago</span> Yes, I should have been more clear. My standards and expectations for Libera are very high, so "far too many" means just a few. Luminosa, Silencium, Lacrymosa are all songs that not bad and not hated by me but I always skip past them. I just do not find them interesting. That being said, three songs on a Libera album that I skip past almost universally is a lot for a single album from them.
Really? Lacrymosa is a hook for me at the very first time listening to it (the video with mini Ben at their 2007 concert in Holland).

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:42 pm">6 years ago</span> Yes I think that's what happened. I didn't understood the choices they made for this video, didn't like the atmosphere... It kept me away from just listening for the song itself...
I agree with you. However, the impact it has on me is not that huge - I watched the video of 'Salve Regina' first, found it somewhat boring, but when I listened to the song alone, it turned out to be great! Well, it depends actually, not every time & every song has the same impact.

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:22 pm">6 years ago</span> That's why I avoid watching videos when I listen to a new song, unless it is a concert video. Because it often happens that the story told in the video doesn't match my idea of the song or sometimes I don't understand the sense of the video. But after having watched it, it is in my head and very difficult or rather impossible to turn off. Music videos steal my fantasy, they fix my imagination, and I want to stay independent from an interpretation that can even feel "patronising" to me. Therefore, I postponed watching the Voca Me video for many months, because this song is particularly precious to me and I wanted my own view to settle down strong enough so that the video wouldn't be able anymore to take that away from me. Due to this trick, it worked! I watched the video, but it doesn't impose upon me when I listen to the song. :D
Really? :shock:
My case is different. I admit that the video can affect my own view & limit my fantasy of the song if I watch the video at my first listen. But if I listen to it (even for some songs just once before watching the video), I tend to keep that impression even when watching the video. However, it's not a really necessary skill or something because the music videos usually match with my imagination of the songs (even Voca Me, just except for Salve Regina).