Your least favorite Libera song is?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Your least favorite Libera song is?

Post by Surpinto »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:20 pm">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:45 am">6 years ago</span> Yes, I should have been more clear. My standards and expectations for Libera are very high, so "far too many" means just a few. Luminosa, Silencium, Lacrymosa are all songs that not bad and not hated by me but I always skip past them. I just do not find them interesting. That being said, three songs on a Libera album that I skip past almost universally is a lot for a single album from them.
Really? Lacrymosa is a hook for me at the very first time listening to it (the video with mini Ben at their 2007 concert in Holland).
I think that live the song would be more moving. Maybe I have just had that album for so long now and over-listened to it over the years.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

I think my least favorite Libera song is 'Love and Mercy'. I cannot un-hear the live version at the Kennedy Center honors. No matter how good the song sounds on a CD, that live version just ruins it for me.
Last edited by Jay_S on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"with a down derry, derry down down"
TygrHawk

Post by TygrHawk »

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:40 pm">6 years ago</span> I think my least favorite Libera song is 'Love and Mercy'. I cannot un-hear the live version at the Kennedy Center honors. No matter how good the song sounds on a CD, that live eversion just ruins it for me.
I'm afraid I have to agree with that. They were having a rough tour that time around.
Wayne
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I have a few that I just never listen to but everybody has different tastes before I get killed.

Salva Regina (i just find it goes nowhere)
The Lamb
Touch the Sky
Love and Mercy (it's just not a Libera song)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TygrHawk wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:54 am">6 years ago</span>
Jay_S wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:40 pm">6 years ago</span> I think my least favorite Libera song is 'Love and Mercy'. I cannot un-hear the live version at the Kennedy Center honors. No matter how good the song sounds on a CD, that live eversion just ruins it for me.
I'm afraid I have to agree with that. They were having a rough tour that time around.
I think the issue with that performance was because it was only about 6 Libera boys and then a local children's choir doing the rest. I think there was limited rehearsal time and, well, things didn't go as well as they could have. For a very long time that song was amongst my favourites and I suspect it will be again one day.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:38 am">6 years ago</span> I have a few that I just never listen to but everybody has different tastes before I get killed.

The Lamb - bad dani :evil:
Touch the Sky - bad dani :evil:
Love and Mercy (it's just not a Libera song) - very bad dani :evil:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

@Yorkie, it's very bad that you missed a "very" before the "bad" behind Touch the Sky. :evil: :P
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:27 pm">6 years ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:38 am">6 years ago</span> I have a few that I just never listen to but everybody has different tastes before I get killed.

The Lamb - bad dani :evil:
Touch the Sky - bad dani :evil:
Love and Mercy (it's just not a Libera song) - very bad dani :evil:
Yorkie and I agree on something?! :shock: :shock: I am also a fan of "Love and Mercy".
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

I am actually amused by the number of people who dislike 'Touch The Sky'... :shock:
Don't know why but I used to think it's a favorite or at least a so-so one for the majority. Sue me. :|
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Of the aforementioned lot the only one I don't like is "The Lamb". The progression of notes is dissonant or off key. Touch the Sky is a bit like that but the dissonance is off set by James Mordaunts' voice. Three Ravens is dissonant also. I can't say I like it.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Ok as my last few disliked songs didn't go over well I will pick a few more :)

I don't even have these songs downloaded as I just am totally indifferent to them.

We are Lost
Prayer (Angel Voices)
New Day
A New Heaven
Twilight
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Well, you will have to pick more again, I'm afraid, as there are now another three with

We Are The Lost
Prayer
Twilight

that don't go over well. :P :mrgreen:

9 (nine!) songs already! Dani!! :lol:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:30 am">6 years ago</span> Ok as my last few disliked songs didn't go over well I will pick a few more :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If your goal was to make me crack up laughing this did the trick! :D
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Oh Dani! Deeper and deeper into the mire you go. Better wear a disguise at St George's or Yorkie (and others) might exact punishment for such blasphemy. :wink:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:36 pm">6 years ago</span> Oh Dani! Deeper and deeper into the mire you go. Better wear a disguise at St George's or Yorkie (and others) might exact punishment for such blasphemy. :wink:
:D :D

On the plus side if these songs ever make a set list you will all have me to thank ;)