What felt to you like a "discovery"?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

What felt to you like a "discovery"?

Post by filiarheni »

Which sudden "discoveries" that really hit you have you made on your Libera journey so far?

Just today I have listened to Stabat for the first time - before, I didn't even know that it exists - and I cannot believe my ears, what a heavenly song this is! So beautiful in melody and harmony, a wonderful solo by Steven Geraghty, a clear and very gentle sound at the same time.

I have to get my things ready for Ely, and what am I doing instead? Sitting here, tied to my chair, and listening again and again. It gives me chills.

First "Hope", then "Luminosa"!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: What felt to you like a "discovery"?

Post by Surpinto »

Honestly, there is something about "Joyful, Joyful" from the America album that is amazing to me. It was the first song I ever heard them sing live, even though I had been listening to them for about a decade at that point. We are all familiar with the melody, and I never thought this old piece would invigorate me whatsoever, but the way they performed it was so powerful and moving, I was affected very much. When the CD came out I listened to that track on repeat at least 20 times in a row. I'm in the minority with my enjoyment of this piece but so be it. :D There have been many songs that have affected me once I discovered them but that one, being the first one I ever heard them sing live, was special somehow.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: What felt to you like a "discovery"?

Post by filiarheni »

Thank you, Surpinto; this kind of a feeling all at once, more intense than or very different from what happened before, is exactly what I meant. And I know what you mean saying that you listened to it so often in a row. :wink:
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:35 pm">7 years ago</span> I'm in the minority with my enjoyment of this piece but so be it.
This is also something wonderful about Libera’s music: We all love it intensely on the whole, but everyone has got his own favourites for his own reasons and with his own background. There are songs you like and you are quite alone with it, others that you may skip all the time whereas they are dearest favourites of other fans, and then there are songs everyone of us loves. And all of it happens within Libera's music. It’s fascinating, and that is why I find it so very interesting to exchange opinions about the songs with others.

P.S. It seems we all agree regarding the new Benedictus Deus. :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"