What do you hope to hear at the Ely concert?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

What do you hope to hear at the Ely concert?

Post by filiarheni »

My question refers less to what we think we are going to hear, but what we hope for.

Apart from my wish to always hear some songs new to everybody - this time there are lots of opportunities to fulfill that :lol: - I am deeply hoping for 1. How Shall I Sing That Majesty, one of my favourite Libera songs that I absolutely want to hear live one day. I concentrate on Ely!

The 2. big wish is Mysterium, which I imagine fantastic in such an old and big cathedral. :!:

Then I want to hear Salva me again; I always find it beautiful, but this time I would like to try if I discern a certain effect again I heard in Vallendar, but not in London.

What about you, what about those who have attended a high number of Libera concerts already?

P. S. And I'm always hoping for Voca Me, but that's no surprising news at all. :mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: What do you hope to hear at the Ely concert?

Post by filiarheni »

Everybody is perfectly happy and doesn't feel the tiniest little inner wish for the upcoming concert? Hm ... it's too hard for me to believe that. :wink:

Even assuming that they sang every single song of their new album - which I think is unlikely to happen -, there would still be room for four or five selfish song dreams, so just feel free ... maybe there is a fairy reading here and fulfilling some of them. :)

(I don't hope this will be a concert without audience. :lol: )
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Well, as this is going to be my very first Libera concert, I will be happy to hear any selection of songs. But I really hope to hear Voca Me and San Damiano. And of course the new songs, which are on the new CD "Hope", and have never been performed in a concert previously.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Mysterium and Vespera would be great and then of course the new tracks from the album. Have they ever performed Vespera at a concert?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

This is what I knew at least, Yorkie: Your longing for Vespera live. :) I support that.

Recently, I discovered Beata Lux and Sancta, they both impress me very much and I'd love to hear them live, mainly Beata Lux, which would probably sound fantastic in such a cathedral. I do not have any hope for it this time, but maybe one day Robert could put it on stage again, that would be great.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Some songs I would like to hear are

Home
The 3 Ravens
Benedictus Deus

Longer shots

Ave Virgo
Veni Sancte
Sanctus 2
Silencium
Something sings
Sing forever
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I don't think that they will sing the older songs this time, but just out of wishful thinking, I would also love to hear Something Sings and Secret and Sancte.

Maybe I could have some hope for Ave Verum ...