Libera waitrose advert

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

kthomp
Silver Member

Libera waitrose advert

Post by kthomp »

this is the small caption in which libera sing "how can i keep from singing" for the new christmas waitrose advert.

http://tinyurl.com/5ns3d3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or
http://link.brightcove.com/services/lin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 2431316001

i love this song and i love the new arrangement of it, i wish it werent being used to sell butter mince pies but hey it is getting them publicity.

i love the smooth harmonys the boys have in this song.

(btw waitrose is a grocery store in the uk) :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

:D Thanks for posting, interesting I've never heard of butter mince pie, but if they had it here in the US, hearing Llbera in the commercial would make me want to try some. :lol:
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Plato
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

That was such a mixed commercial.

1) I realized how really important Christmas is and how we should always cherish it every year.
2) I wanted to listen to the St. Philips Boys Choir again for their christmas carols :D
3) I got hungry.... A yorkshire pudding will do :lol:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Nice little clip - so that's the new recording of 'How Can I Keep From Singing' from Eternal CD? - Didn't detect any solo on it's own, but not sure if the clip started with the first verse or maybe a pickup on the 2nd verse. There were quite a few voices at the start, possibly Josh singing with maybe Sam, Mini-Ben, Ed. Could have been Liam or Tom, or maybe even a new boy doing the high notes at the end. Wonder if they will do a promo video of this song to complement the Eternal Double-CD?
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Re: Libera waitrose advert

Post by jennaluvspbr »

kthomp wrote:this is the small caption in which libera sing "how can i keep from singing" for the new christmas waitrose advert.

http://tinyurl.com/5ns3d3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or
http://link.brightcove.com/services/lin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 2431316001

i love this song and i love the new arrangement of it, i wish it werent being used to sell butter mince pies but hey it is getting them publicity.

i love the smooth harmonys the boys have in this song.

(btw waitrose is a grocery store in the uk) :D
me too kara me too i been wching it a gain and a gain its so good
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Oh, the song sounds beautiful... I can't wait until their new album is released!
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I have been replaying it for like ten, twenty times last night! I love the song!
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

I love the new song! cant wait for the new album! have they ever done this song before?
Danie :D
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

danieb88 wrote:I love the new song! cant wait for the new album! have they ever done this song before?
They did but not during the Libera years.
They did it when they were still St. Philipps Boys Choir.

They did it in their Album "Angel Voices, Volume 1" (This is not the Angel Voices that you may be thinking about :))
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

A great song by Libera! :) Now I have this vid on my PC too :)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

PiusPatronus wrote:
danieb88 wrote:I love the new song! cant wait for the new album! have they ever done this song before?
They did but not during the Libera years.
They did it when they were still St. Philipps Boys Choir.

They did it in their Album "Angel Voices, Volume 1" (This is not the Angel Voices that you may be thinking about :))
They sang this song, For The Beauty Of The Earth, San Damiano, Pie Jesu, and Adoramus Te for a program called Tischmark On Song in the early 1990s. You can find videos of all of those songs on YouTube and Libera Fans.org.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Camilla Kerslake 'keeps Libera from singing'

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Camilla Kerslake 'keeps Libera from singing...' http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/no" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... a-kerslake

Her voice is nice, but it's not a patch on last last year's version. ;)
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Waitrose's TV ad is a redeveloped version of last year's campaign, which focused on being at home, which the supermarket said delivered its best-ever Christmas sales performance.
I wonder why... 8)

The new one is very nice, but it seems to me, a little hurried in some parts. I prefer last year's version because it's more relaxed and easier to the ears, among other things... :lol:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yeah, I was secretly hoping for a follow-up waitrose/Libera partnership again this Christmas. Maybe with a new song and video, considering it was a successful campaign last year.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

its nice but not the same :(
i loved last years because my friends who used to mock me for liking libera - loved the advert and were shocked when i told them who it was!!
Danie :D