Speculations About next Concerts

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Speculations About next Concerts

Post by fan_de_LoK »

We are now in early February.

I've collected the April tour announces dates over the last ten years to see if we're still in a plausibility window or not.
At the purely calendar level, the answer is yes, there are precedents of April tours that were announced with only 39 days in advance.

39 days in advance from the 2017 April's holidays brings us to the outskirts of February 21st.
Let's say it stays about 3 weeks to believe for an April tour.
We'll see :wink:

That said, regardless of the calendar, Surpinto is probably right.
Skipping the April tour would save money and time to prepare the tour planned in Japan just a few weeks later, and to manage the release of a new CD at the same moment.
Being free without school constraint during two full weeks would be usefully exploited.Rehearsals, videos or photos shooting, radio interviews, perhaps some early TV recordings for the Japanese TVs, recording for QVC, ... there are many possibilities.

It would also be possible for the traditional UK concert in May to be advanced and to be performed during these two weeks of April.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Here are the dates of the April tours announcements over the last 10 years.
This research made me realize how volatile the information is.

It only takes a web server change to have some old data being dropped.
Fortunately there is the Wayback Machine to be able to plunge in the archives, and after it it remains the community sites to find information even older. :wink:

(sorry American readers, dates are here expressed in DD/MM/YYYY)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

My bet is that there will be no April tour at all; though we are not yet at a point that a concert is totally out of the question. I agree with fan_de_LoK that skipping an April tour would allow them to do all manner of things - maybe a music video.

I wonder whether they will have the traditional Spring concert in the UK in addition to the Japan tour. The timing of both events just seems that it could possibly be problematic; though I could be overthinking. They could forgo the Spring UK concert in favor of a summer concert in the UK if the timing for both events makes it untenable, but I highly doubt it.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

The only items of interest I have come across which may suggest an April tour still possible are these;

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170101000200
Located in the heart of Central Seoul, the Sejong Center has played host to some of the city’s most memorable shows including Jason Mraz, Steve Barakatt and “Amadeus” the musical.

Some of the highlights for this year include the staging of the Korean original musical “Mata Hari,” the Libera Boy‘s Choir
And sure enough it’s listed on the yearly calendar schedule at Sejong Center for 16.04
liberasejong160416.JPG
liberasejong160416.JPG (12.7 KiB) Viewed 649 times
liberasejong160416.JPG
liberasejong160416.JPG (12.7 KiB) Viewed 649 times
There’s also this http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Warner- ... an-Hartono
libera warner classics singapore.JPG
libera warner classics singapore.JPG (31.59 KiB) Viewed 649 times
libera warner classics singapore.JPG
libera warner classics singapore.JPG (31.59 KiB) Viewed 649 times

but I’d treat this one with a large dose of sceptism because I cannot find anything more on the website when searching for Libera individually for that 2 week window in April. As usual nothing is ever official until official libera publish it themselves. These could merely be speculative dates easily removed. I think it does maybe hint that Libera have at least been thinking of a Singapore/Korea tour in April.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I would say that February would be used to shoot any up and coming promo for the new album as schools get a week off then if indeed the album does get a late March release date (which I'm guessing)

But so far apart from the tour mentioning a new album has there been any other inkling as it's all very quiet ??

They still have not even released the videos from the Christmas concert yet :)