Anybody recognise this song?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Anybody recognise this song?

Post by Yorkie »

Popped around to the aged parents on my way home from work tonight and the old folks had the tv on in the background (The Chase, great show). During the adverts my attention was caught by this:

Meadowhall is a huge shopping mall near Sheffield and I assume this is being shown only in the Yorkshire tv region
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
labbie

Re: Anybody recognise this song?

Post by labbie »

Hi, Yorkie,
Of course the song and the artist are unmistakable to us. People who are unfamiliar with Libera and their music may not be aware that the boys are providing the soundtrack for the ad. Those who wish to find out may have to go through the various renditions of "Carol of the Bells" on YouTube in order to figure it out, unless the mall's administration has any information on how the commercial was produced. Sometimes, the information surfaces randomly on the Internet as well.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

There's now 3 different renditions of COB by Libera.
The one used on the add come from the Christmas Album, it this correct ?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:There's now 3 different renditions of COB by Libera.
The one used on the add come from the Christmas Album, it this correct ?
yes I agree I think it is that version - I was just trying not to ruin the surprise with the title of my post :D

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Good work Yokie, it's been on YouTube since Nov 5th, so if you hadn't been at your parents at that very moment in time when the advert came on we may have never known about it. I guess it's a local advertising campaign.

So that's QVC, Eastenders, SyFy Channel and now Meadowhall were Libera's COTB has been used to promoted their festive campaigns.... and not forgetting Chester Zoo's e-card last year.

The list is growing...have I missed any?

On the discussion of Libera & Adverts, John brought this to our attention on his Twitter today...

HYAMLC with James and Ralph from the aforementioned Christmas Album. A worthy project for Libera to be involved with.
labbie wrote:People who are unfamiliar with Libera and their music may not be aware that the boys are providing the soundtrack for the ad. Sometimes, the information surfaces randomly on the Internet as well.
Hopefully the automatic recognition software YouTube uses will come into effect at some stage and the music will be tagged near the description. Although this doesn't always happen.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
labbie

Post by labbie »

Some places where a mention of a certain piece of music played in an ad might be found include personal blogs or discussion boards. I have found information regarding pieces of music I wish to identify from commercials on sites such as these. I type some key words into Google Search and I get some possible sites in the results.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Doesn't really fit here but this morning I was out of the office on a visit and was listening to Ken Bruce on BBC Radio 2 - I was very surprised (to say the least) when he played this:

Mercy & Love
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
On the discussion of Libera & Adverts, John brought this to our attention on his Twitter today...

HYAMLC with James and Ralph from the aforementioned Christmas Album. A worthy project for Libera to be involved with.
The Salvation army video has been removed, or something.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:

The Salvation army video has been removed, or something.
It might be region locked because it still plays for me - use a UK vpn and see if that helps.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:The Salvation army video has been removed, or something.
Try this version that Paul re-uoloaded to freed it from the country restriction

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Why in the world would a Salvation Army advertisement be region locked? If you're living in a country that doesn't have a Salvation Army chapter you're probably not going to be watching that video anyway.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Perhaps because the phone numbers to make a donation wouldn't work outside the UK.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
alcesalcesobservator wrote:The Salvation army video has been removed, or something.
Try this version that Paul re-uoloaded to freed it from the country restriction
Hey, that works, thanks!